Looking for a warm and delicious scent for a brunch with your friends or a sophisticated fragrance for a date night? Give vanilla a shot! Associated with all things dreamy, vanilla is unarguably one of the most popular notes in the world of perfumery, although it’s sometimes underrated and perceived as basic and ordinary. But let us tell you, it’s anything but that. Vanilla can be creamy, comforting, sweet, and even exotic. In fact, this spice smells so soothing and sensual that it was once considered to be an aphrodisiac. Yes, that’s right!
While vanilla smells amazing on its own, it’s known to be one of the most versatile fragrances. It has the ability to transform from basic to intricate when paired with the right notes. For a sweet, cozy, and refreshing fragrance, opt for vanilla-scented perfumes featuring floral-fruity notes like coconut and jasmine. Those seeking a rich and heady scent should look for vanilla blended with woody notes of sandalwood and musk. No matter what your preference, there is a vanilla-scented perfume/body spray for everyone. We have rounded up the 13 best vanilla perfumes and fragrances available in the market.
Table Of Contents
13 Best Vanilla Perfumes And Fragrance Mists In 2021
Kickstarting this list is one of the most popular vanilla-based perfumes in the market — the Vera Wang Embrace in Rose Buds & Vanilla. Created by Natasha Cote, it was launched in 2015. A floral oriental fragrance inspired by the modern concept of intimacy and emotion, this is one of those scents that you want to be wearing when you are with your special someone. It’s all things feminine and romantic. The floral and fruity blend of beautiful rosebuds and fresh mandarin orange is the top note that lingers on. At its heart is a combination of blue iris, cyclamen, and magnolia that offers a sweet, powdery scent, which is held together with the base notes of creamy vanilla, sandalwood, and musk.
- Gentle fragrance
- Ideal for daily wear
- Can be worn all year round
- Also available as fragrance mist
- Works well for both day and evening wear
- The scent might wear off quickly.
A scent that transports you to the heavenly island paradise in Tahiti, the Pacifica Island Vanilla Perfume is a rich, sophisticated fragrance created by Brook Harvey-Taylor in 2012. One whiff of this fragrance will have you daydreaming of this calm and serene island. In this perfume, the fruity and slightly floral scent of Tahitian vanilla combines with creamy bourbon vanilla to make a first and lasting impression on you, which intertwines with the heart notes of sweet and floral honey-jasmine. Lastly, tea acts as a base note to create a deep, beautiful finish. This sweet and exotic vanilla perfume is hand-poured in small batches using non-GMO corn grain alcohol and comes packed in a recyclable glass bottle.
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Infused with natural and essential oils
- Free from parabens, phthalates, and propylene glycol
- May not have good staying power
Cozy and decadent are the keywords to best describe this vanilla body spray. Perfectly described as a floral-fruity gourmand fragrance, it features notes of vanilla, jasmine, and apple that create an edible aroma you can’t get enough of. The distinct fresh aroma of Fuji apple, Macintosh apple, and frosted tangerine is the first scent that greets your senses. All while the heart notes consist of a heady floral-fruity blend of jasmine, strawberry blossom, and Hawaiian pineapple. At the base lies Tahitian vanilla bean, caramel candy, and vanilla musk that leaves you smelling oh-so-yummy. This is one of the best vanilla fragrances for women who prefer something fun, sweet, and of course, delicious.
- Moderate sillage
- Indulgent creamy scent
- Can be used as a room spray
- The sweetness of this body spray might be too overwhelming for some.
If a strong, flowery scent is not your style, reach for this Warm Vanilla Sugar Fine Fragrance Mist from Bath & Body Works. Loaded with vanilla, it smells exactly like a decadent dessert. It includes notes of heady vanilla and white orchid that blend into vanilla tonka, fresh coconut, and sparkling sugar to create a refreshing and irresistible fragrance that can elevate your mood instantly. When it dries down, vanilla bean, sandalwood, and cocoa bean reveal a warm, dark, and musky aroma that lasts all day. Despite having a sugary-sweet fragrance, it’s not too overwhelming, thanks to the addition of sheer florals that balances it out.
- Available in Japanese cherry blossom
- Mild yet lasting fragrance
- Contains aloe that nourishes the skin
- May not be best suited for summer
Meet this highly addictive vanilla-scented cologne spray that consists of key fragrance notes that form a perfect harmony to offer a beautiful feminine scent. With vanilla as the top note, this cologne exudes joy and warmth. It brings out the creamy and sweet side of the spice that feels warm and alluring on cold winter days and nights. In addition to this, it features an enveloping mix of cedar, sandalwood, and musk that forms a delicate base, which smells earthy, sensual, and inviting and is sure to ignite sparks on a romantic night. This fragrance was launched in 1994, and 17 years later, it’s still one of the bestselling vanilla fragrances available.
- Balanced scent
- Smooth fragrance
- Ideal for day and evening wear
- Base notes elevate the vanilla scent
- Might not be long-wearing
Sweet and zesty with notes of flowers strikes the perfect balance between casual and sensuous in this cologne spray. As soon as you open the bottle, you will be able to pick up hints of coconut, bergamot, and peach. These ingredients blend together to create a juicy mist, which is followed by the freshness of jasmine, lily of the valley, and geranium. In the end, you’re left with a cozy, woody, and scintillating fragrance of vanilla, sandalwood, patchouli, and tonka bean. The floral and fruity notes are noticeable upon the first spray, but the vanilla fragrance doesn’t come through until the perfume has settled on your skin. This vanilla cologne is sure to make you stand out in the crowd and make a lasting impression on everyone around you.
- Light projection
- Made from natural ingredients
- Clean and refreshing scent
- Ideal for daytime wear
- Some people may find the scent too strong.
Vanilla Lace is a sheer mist that will ring in memories of your high school days if you were one of those girls who never left their house without spraying Victoria’s Secret fragrance mist. It was launched during the 2000s and was quite the rage then. It’s a lovely mix of vanilla and sultry musk that creates an inviting aromatic scent that lingers on for long. It can be both chic and sensual at the same time. A few spritzes of this mist over your body after a hot shower will leave you smelling and feeling refreshing.
- Good staying power
- Colorless liquid
- Features chamomile for a calming effect
- Infused with aloe vera to condition the skin
The scent of vanilla can sometimes be too sweet and rich that it can leave you with a headache. But this Vanilla Eau de Toilette is anything but that. Featuring warm and sweet notes of vanilla, it is light, comforting, and smells like delicious cookies or pure vanilla ice cream. While taking a whiff of this vanilla-smelling perfume, you will also notice a fruity fragrance along with subtle woody and powdery scent that makes it a great winter scent. Furthermore, it’s safe to use as it is formulated without parabens and silicone.
- 100% vegan
- Captivating aroma
- Long-lasting vanilla perfume
- Slightly expensive
Your first foray into vanilla perfume should be nothing short of amazing in terms of the way it smells and feels on your skin, and what better introduction to vanilla than the Lavanila pure vanilla fragrance. We love the fact that it’s a gentle, all-natural, vegan, and non-toxic (paraben, petrochemicals, and phthalate-free) formula made with organic sugar cane alcohol and pure essential oils. Soft, comforting, and creamy, this scent uses notes of Madagascar vanilla, heliotrope, and tonka bean. These elements perfectly blend to create a lush, smoldering scent that’s sure to garner a lot of attention. This 100% natural vanilla perfume effortlessly works with your body chemistry to create a smell that is uniquely yours and you could also layer it with other fragrances to create a customized signature scent.
- Recyclable packaging
- Infused with goji berries that protect and nourish the skin
- Slightly expensive
Can we take a moment to admire how stunning this perfume bottle is? Inspired by the idyllic landscapes and vibrant cityscapes of France, the glass bottle features beautiful Art Nouveau filigree decoration that screams elegance. This Vanille eau de toilette encapsulates the same kind of sophistication. One of the most popular vanilla perfumes, it has a classic sweet vanilla fragrance that’s a delightful olfactory treat. Its sweet and sumptuous scent is strong yet does not overpower you or the room. The scent is as mouth-watering and tempting as any dessert, making you the center of attention at any gathering.
- Warm and delicious scent
- Ideal for everyday wear
- Suitable as a day and night scent
- May not have good lasting power
The TokyoMilk Dead Sexy Eau de Parfum is an out-and-out romantic and ethereal fragrance. With a mix of warm, spicy, and smokey notes, the scent is mysteriously attractive. It is infused with the notes of deep vanilla, orchid, wood, and ebony, which creates an irresistible fragrance that’s sure to make heads turn. It’s great for a night out and pairs well with your favorite LBD or floral gown. Best of all, this exotic concoction comes housed in an edgy bottle featuring an image of a skull and crossbones on the back, which looks great on your dressing table.
- Lasts all-day
- Alluring scent
- Perfectly balanced notes
- Beautifully crafted bottle
- May have a musty undertone
Inspired by the Polynesian islands of the South Pacific, this eau de toilette was launched in 1993. It features a deliciously heady blend of juicy gourmand fruits and tropical flowers that conjures images of the warm beige sand and azure blue ocean glistening in the sun. This bright and warm fragrance opens with a top note of sweet jackfruit and sun-kissed apricot, followed by a fragrant fruity heart of delicate and juicy papaya. A creamy caramel-y Tahitian vanilla and sugary candy tones complete the fragrance.
- Great staying power
- A little goes a long way
- Suitable for any occasion
- High-quality luxury ingredients
This vanilla-overloaded perfume is just pure indulgence! The top, middle, and background notes are predominated by vanilla, creating a delicate, warm, and woody scent, which is contrasted by the subtle floral and spicy accords. Besides vanilla, this oriental sensual fragrance includes keynotes of white flowers, tonka beans, and white spices that will keep you smelling rich and sumptuous all day, every day. The best part about this perfume is that it is formulated with clean ingredients such as natural origin alcohol, perfume, and water.
- Versatile fragrance
- Sustainable packaging
- May not be long-lasting
Now that you are all caught up with the best vanilla-smelling perfumes and mists, you might feel like you are spoiled with choice. So, here are a few points that will help you pick a fragrance that best suits you.
How To Choose The Best Vanilla-scented Perfumes And Fragrances?
- Most vanilla perfumes and mists have a pleasant scent, but the fragrance can become intense depending on the other elements used. Firstly, you need to figure out what scent you feel most connected to or attracts you the most. While some perfumes will have a noticeable vanilla scent that could be warm, sweet, creamy, and sensual, the others might include a combination of vanilla with floral, fruity, or woodsy tones. The more you are aware of your preferences, the easier it is to choose a fragrance.
- All scents have 3 notes — top, heart, and base. To find out if a particular fragrance interests you, you need to spray a little of the scent on your wrist. Try to figure out whether you like the top fragrance note, how it intertwines with the middle accords and dries down to create different base notes. See how it reacts with your body chemistry. Do you like all the 3 notes? Does it go with your personality? If yes, you have got yourself your new signature vanilla perfume.
- You could choose a fragrance depending on the occasion and when you want to use it. For instance, you might want to use a light scent for everyday wear and wear your signature scent for special occasions.
- Lastly, pick a perfume depending on the format. The potency and bottle size varies based on the format of the perfume. Lighter fragrances such as body mists come in large formats, whereas potent scents come housed in small bottles.
Harness this spice’s delightful scent in its many aromatic, soothing, and seductive notes. Owning a vanilla scent is a must for every woman for its feminine and refreshing vibe. But with so many brands releasing some of the finest vanilla-scented perfumes, it might be a little daunting to choose the right one. To make it easy on you, we have picked the 13 best vanilla perfumes and fragrances that use vanilla as the primary ingredient. We truly hope this guide will help you find your perfect match to add to your arsenal of fragrances.
Latest posts by Mayuri J Ravi (see all)
- 11 Best Sunscreens For Scalp And Hair You Should Try - April 8, 2021
- 13 Best Vanilla Perfumes And Fragrance Mists That You Should Try In 2021 - April 8, 2021
- 15 Best Aloe Vera Lotions To Help Soothe Dry And Irritated Skin - March 24, 2021
- 9 Best Lip Brushes For Perfect Makeup - March 14, 2021
- 13 Best Drugstore Moisturizers For Combination Skin You Need To Try In 2021 - February 8, 2021