Scents leave a lingering aroma, often evoking memories. For centuries they have been the symbol of class and beauty as they represent the wearer’s panache. Nonetheless, picking the right fragrance can be quite a hassle. Choosing the right perfume that matches your personality needs experience, experimentation, and a keen sense of smell. If you can’t decide which fragrance to settle on, you are in luck! We bring you a collection of the most popular Givenchy perfumes for women that are likely to take your senses away.
Let’s clear up the air, quite literally, and prepare for a fragrant journey as we scour through the 13 best Givenchy perfumes for women of 2020.
Top 13 Best Givenchy Perfumes That Smell Good
The word Amarige is derived from the French term ‘Marige’. As the name suggests, the perfume is a marriage of intense fragrances with a mix of fruity, floral, and spicy notes. Amarige Givenchy perfume has a multi-layered characteristic that opens with an amalgamation of fruity flavors and a citrusy blend of mandarin and orange before transitioning to a floral fragrance. At the core is a floral body that gives the true essence of black currant, acacia, tuberose, neroli, mimosa, and gardenia. The endnotes settle gently into a musky tone. Amarige permeates the ambiance with a complex character, which makes the perfume especially ideal for mature women.
- Not overpowering
- Suitable throughout the year
- Great value for money
- Floral undertones
- It may not offer long-lasting wear.
Organza by Givenchy comes in a sophisticated container designed by Serge Manseau. This women’s Givenchy perfume comes in a curved bottle rendering seductive charms, signifying the true virtues of the perfume. Upon exposing the fragrance, you will find a mystical weave of emotions, warmth, and fragility — a tribute to every woman’s timeless beauty. Organza Givenchy perfume is a floral-toned fragrance composed of deeper scents of sophisticated flowers. The body consists of gardenia, tuberose, and jasmine. The combined floral characteristics end with a gentle note and a soft base with a hearty vanilla fragrance.
- Long-lasting fragrance
- Not overpowering
- Great value for money
- Suitable for all skin types
- It may not be the ideal choice for formal functions.
Givenchy Very Irresistible perfumes have definitive fresh floral-fruity traits with a soft yet spicy essence and hints of aromatics and citrus elements. Very Irresistible is an extravagant Givenchy perfume that unveils its true nature in 3 folds. The top notes open with the delicate zest of cassia, star anise, and lemon verbena. The heart has floral characteristics represented by rose, magnolia, and peony. Finally, the bottom note accentuates a sweet alliance of Taif rose. The perfume has a substantial sillage and lasts throughout the day. It is an excellent choice to wear all year round.
- Ideal for all seasons
- Formulated with star anise
- Floral and fruity undertones.
- The perfume may be overpowering in closed spaces.
Ysatis by parfums Givenchy emits a feminine floral trait. It is a blend of gentle flowers highlighted by powdery, woody, and fruity subtleties. The perfume comes in a regal purple bottle giving off elegant violet notes, with a mix of blackcurrants and mandarin. It transitions into rose, tuberose, and jasmine with a patchouli and vanilla finish, completing the equation of an opulent and glamorous scent. As a result, the fragrance is soft and subtle. Ysatis By Givenchy has prolonged longevity with a lasting sillage. The floral notes in the fragrance make the perfume ideal for a bright spring day. However, we see no reason to exclude the perfume at night or the rest of the year.
- Value for money
- Suitable throughout the year
- Includes floral aromas of rose, ylang-ylang, and tuberose
- Long-lasting fragrance with a heavy sillage
- It may turn rancid with time.
Very Irresistible Eau De Parfum is a women’s Givenchy perfume first introduced in 2005 and a relaunch of the Very Irresistible Sensual perfume. The current version is said to have better aroma with hearty floral tones. The top notes of the rose are adorned with star anise, exotic patchouli, and soft vanilla powder. It empowers women to embrace life with a bold yet sophisticated acquisition of aromas. The sleek and twisted bottle houses a powerful and charming perfume that brings out the seductive auras of women with daring elegance.
- Reasonably priced
- Suitable for all seasons
- Dominating vanilla scent
- Renewed formula
- It may wear off quicker than expected.
Ange Ou Démon Le Secret Elixir is a ladies’ Givenchy perfume and has an influential fragrance with an unbeatable aroma. Introduced in 2011, the characteristics of this perfume are represented with a blend of white flowers. Additionally, the citrus and vanilla notch-up the fresh distinctions of this fragrance. The top notes of Ange Ou Démon Le Secret Elixir originate from the Cyprus-floral family with the integration of Amalfi lemon and tea, white jasmine heart, African orange blossoms, and frangipani. The end tone has a musky aroma that caresses the essence of vanilla, patchouli, and cedar of Virginia.
- A delicate yet powerful fragrant aroma
- Suitable for both day time or evening usage
- Attractive packaging
- Suitable for most skin types
- It may be overpowering during the early hours and summertime.
The iconic design of L’Interdit fragrance is a tribute to Hubert de Givenchy’s first perfume from 1957. Today, the elixir represents modern femininity, expressed with a sequence of striking tones. The top notes give off the aromatic goodness of orange blossoms combined with the complex undertones of galbanum, pepper, clove, and strawberry. Aldehydes, rose, jasmine, jonquil, and violet perch in the mid-layer, leaving a hint of a unique bouquet. The base notes are of sandalwood, amber, musk iris, patchouli, and vetiver that provide a rich outcome and a prolonged sillage.
- Has a peculiar woody and sweet smell
- Perfect size to take on the go
- Suitable for everyday use
- Long-lasting but not overpowering
- It may not be suitable as an evening fragrance.
Now here’s a comparatively new fragrance in our lineup of the best Givenchy perfumes. Live Irrésistible is a 2015 perfume, which comes in a tall and textured bottle. The aromas give off floral and fruity notes dominated by sweet, tropical, and citrus accords. The perfume has a top layer comprising pineapple, rose petals, grapefruit, and tangerine tones. As the first layer shifts gear, we encounter rose, pepper, and passionfruit aromas spewing across the heart. The background has a savory tone comprising praline and vanilla, engulfed by the robust deep notes of amber, musk, orris, and patchouli.
- Subdued fragrance
- Casual fragrance suitable for daytime
- The scent lingers for hours
- The perfume has the right balance of fruity and floral tone.
- It may not be the ideal choice for evenings.
Hot Couture Eau De Parfum by Givenchy is an elegant perfume with floral hints. The brand intends to honor the beauty that a woman’s body flaunts. Its chief accord is a comprehensive amalgamation of sweet, floral, and fruity to fresh citrus tones to a signature scent of wood and spice blend. Its top notes present vigorous notes of orange, bergamot, and raspberry nectar, which gives the wearer a fresh feel. Likewise, the heart of the perfume offers an opposing influence with fragrances of vetiver, magnolia, and pepper. The background has a musky aroma of sandalwood and amber, which adds up the wearer’s glamor.
- Provides a fresh sensation throughout the day
- Suitable for both daytime and evening
- Has a moderate sillage but long-lasting longevity
- Ideal for the entire year
- Can give off overwhelming tones in summer and early mornings
Jardin d’Interdit is a vintage Givenchy perfume with tonality that you would most likely associate with elegant women of the yesteryears. The perfume comes in a sophisticated bottle with decorative floral imprints. Its accord is fruity-floral with a subtle and nostalgic aroma. The fragrance opens with a hint of sharpness and a linear and sweet smell. It transitions to a fresh floral scent and remains the same.
- Does not have an overpowering smell
- Suitable for most skin types
- Has long-lasting sillage and fragrance longevity
- Vintage bottle associated with sophisticated class
- May not be appropriate for all seasons
Dahila Divin enhances the elegance bringing out the wonderful self in the wearer with the utmost dazzle. A gentle spray of this fragrance can fill the ambiance with a sensational aura through its main accord. This classic Givenchy perfume comes in a transparent bottle encasing the aromas of woody, floral, spicy, and fruity elements. As you pass by a crowd, you emanate a pleasant scent drawing people towards you. Dahila Divin has a moderate sillage, but is a long-lasting fragrance. The perfume is ideal during any time of the day. However, do remember to spray sparsely in the early hours and during hot summer days.
- A voluptuous and elegant scent with additional oomph
- Suitable for both daytime and evening usage
- Good value for money
- A gentle spray can last throughout the day.
- May give off an overwhelming smell in the morning and hot summer.womens givenchy perfume
Prepare to be transported into a different realm with the floral mysticisms of Eaudemoiselle De Givenchy. The elixir is concealed in a crystalline and carved bottle but allows a sneak-peak of the content inside. Its accord is composed of floral and musky zests that blend in harmony with other sweet tones. The perfume has simple and classic characters. It is a irresistible Givenchy perfume for women of age and class, but mind you, we encourage you all to take the bold move and try it out. The fragrance lasts long on the wearer, but the sillage is moderate.
- Captivating fragrance
- Applicable during the day or the evening
- Suitable for users with a taste for sweeter tones
- Lasts long on the wearer’s skin
- Branded to be more suitable for mature women
The Play Intense fragrances come in 2 variances — for men and women. Today, we will be looking at the 2010 version that has been specially made for all the ladies. Play is an elegant perfume. It is ideal during the cold winters as it captures intense warmth from the spicy blend of fragrances. The balsamic quality of benzoin and tonka bean is a beautiful marriage with pink pepper and patchouli with sweet honey-scented heart. Play Intense has a subtle tone that suggests luxury and ageless panache. It has an addictive aroma that creates a captivating aura around the wearer.
- Has captivating aromas
- Induces warm tone during the winter
- Influences positive vibes
- A quality party wear
- Not a year-round perfume
- It might not have long-lasting wear.
We hope our list of 13 best Givenchy perfumes helped you decide your fragrance. There are perfumes for every occasion. While some flaunt their characters to the max at a particular time of the year, others are more casual and suitable for daily usage. Whatever the case may be, the choice is yours to make. Wear what makes you feel the best. Be bold! Go with what your gut says.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Givenchy perfumes cruelty-free?
According to PETA, Givenchy tests their fragrances on animals. The perfume is sold in mainland China, where brands are law-bound to conduct post-market animal testing.
How long does a extravagance Givenchy perfume last?
Givenchy perfumes, like most others, don’t have a set shelf life. However, they can last anywhere between 3 to 5 years from the date of manufacture.
- Best Pheromones Perfumes Available In India – Our Top 10
- Top 10 French Perfumes For Women
- Best Gucci Perfumes – Our Top 10
- 15 Best-Selling Brands Of Rose Perfumes
Latest posts by Sneha Manandhar (see all)
- Check Out The 13 Best Diaper Rash Creams In 2021 Here! - March 23, 2021
- 13 Best Cuticle Creams For Beautiful, Strong, And Healthy Nails - March 22, 2021
- 10 Best Face Moisturizers With Zinc Oxide For Sun-Protected Skin - March 22, 2021
- 15 Best Fragrance-Free Moisturizers In 2021 For Healthy, Hydrated Skin - March 19, 2021
- Get Glowing Skin With 2021’s 15 Best Natural Face Exfoliators - March 19, 2021