Who doesn’t struggle with occasional flare-ups and sensitive skin? Sadly, we all do. Made from Centella Asiatica (also known as cica, in short), these creams are at the heart of some of the most sought after skincare products. They are known for their healing and hydrating properties.
With the beauty world moving towards organic and nourishing formulas, cica creams have been a shining light for those looking to heal and repair their skin damaged by external environmental aggressors. Skincare companies are pushing the boundaries of skincare formulas to deliver hydrating cica creams blended with caffeine and licorice root extracts, among other combinations. If you are looking for the perfect cica cream but don’t know where to start, we suggest you begin here. We have put together a list of the 13 best cica creams for beautiful skin, and we are sure by the end of this list, you will find your perfect match.
Table Of Contents
What Are Cica Creams?
Recently hyped up as a K-beauty trend, cica creams have their roots in Wester dermo-cosmetic products. Several research studies show that cica cream’s ingredients soothe minor burns, heal scars, and also help repair skin damage caused by skin conditions like psoriasis. The main active ingredient in these creams, Centella Asiatica. It is rich in fatty acids amino acids and beta carotene, which help provide moisture and maintain skin health and appearance.
When Should You Use Cica Cream?
Cica products are rich in antioxidants and are known for their anti-inflammatory, anticellulite properties. They have been used for decades to help speed up wound healing and reduce skin inflammation. Cica creams can replace your regular moisturizer in your skincare routine as they provide moisture, fight signs of aging, and boost collagen production. They can also be an excellent supplement for your skin if you are undergoing retinol and IPL treatments or using a chemical peel.
Now that you know what cica creams are and when to use them, here’s a look at our curated list of the 13 best cica creams you must give a try for a healthy, radiant skin glow.
13 Best Cica Creams You Must Try
Are you looking for a moisturizer that hydrates your skin and fights signs of aging? Well, look no further than here. The age-repair cream from Meebak contains cica that soothes, hydrates, and heals irritated skin while rebuilding skin barriers and boosting collagen production. Enriched with niacinamide, it treats hyperpigmentation and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This cica cream also contains retinol and peptide 8 complex, which reduces dark spots and signs of aging. The secret ingredients are hyaluronic acid and Dioscorea japonica root that work as anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agents, and soothe and hydrate skin. The gentle formula contains natural ingredients like jojoba oil, sunflower seed extracts, aloe vera, and rice extracts, making it perfect for sensitive skin and everyday use.
- Replenishes dry skin
- Reduces dark spots and signs of aging
- Suitable sensitive skin
- Idea for daily use
- No parabens, sulphates and phthalates
- Free of toxins
- Formula may be a bit too heavy
Tired of moisturizers that leave your skin feeling greasy? Try this dermatologically-tested, non-greasy cica cream from L’oreal Paris. Enriched with Centella Asiatica, it visibly reduces the signs of aging and repairs skin. It strengthens the skin’s barrier to shield it against damage from internal and external aggressors. It also contains other nourishing ingredients such as shea butter and cocoa seed butter, which provides moisture and citric acid that even skin tone and clear pores.
- Reduces the signs of aging and repairs skin
- Provides moisture and unclogs pores
- Oil-free formula
- Colorant, dye-free
- Free of skin-stripping alcohols
- May not absorb quickly into the skin
Formulated with hydrating ingredients such as centella asiatica leaf, shea butter, witch hazel, and lavender oil, this cica cream repairs the skin barrier, strengthening it against environmental damage. The formula is also infused with niacinamide and reduces acne scars, exfoliates dead skin, and protects it from the sun’s harmful U.V. rays. This lightweight consistency makes it an excellent night time cream to add to your bedtime skincare routine, as it absorbs quickly and offers excellent moisture retention.
- Repairs skin barrier
- Reduces acne scars
- Offers excellent moisture retention
- Vegan formula
- No mineral oils, ethanol, paraben, PEG, propylene glycol and silicone
- May not be suited for oily skin
All you ever need in a cica cream is right here in this product. Formulated with the potent Ayurvedic ingredient Centella Asiatica, this cream helps soothe dry skin by deeply hydrating it. This A’PIEU Madecassoside Cica Cream is a powerful blend of 40% natural Centella leaf water with 0.1% pure madecassoside extract, which repairs and heals the skin. The formula also contains niacinamide, which helps control excess oil production, witch hazel extract to tighten skin, and panthenol to help provide hydration to parched, dry skin. This cream soothes acne-prone skin, brightens tone, and fights signs of aging.
- Repairs and heals skin
- Tightens and improves texture
- Suitable for oily and dry skin
- Offers vibrant glow
- Regulates oil production
- The scent may be unpleasant for some
Bid farewell to damaged, irritable skin once in for all. Powered by the miracle ingredient, thermal water, this cream is abundant in soft minerals and restores the skin’s protective barrier while reducing environmental stressors’ harmful effects. It also contains a copper-zinc blend, which helps skin maintain its elasticity and purifies it. The cream’s patented GF-Repair complex boosts cell production and promotes the growth of the skin’s epidermal barrier.
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Restores the skin’s physical barrier
- Absorbs quickly
- Formula may feel heavy on the skin
Restore the natural glow of your skin with this Dewycel Cica Plus Balm. You can use it as a part of your morning or bedtime skincare routine to condition and moisturize your face. The powerful combination of centella asiatica and plant stem cells repairs damaged skin and prevents wrinkles. It is formulated with panthenol and hyaluronic acid, which leaves you with supple, plum skin that will make you fall in love with your radiant skin. It also contains apple seed extracts with collagen-boosting properties and delivers vitamin C to brighten skin and dark spots.
- Absorbs quickly
- Improves elasticity
- Suits all skin types
- Eliminates redness
- Removes acne and blemishes
- No paraben, benzyl alcohol, chlorphenesin, triclosan, DHT and triethanolamine
- May leave an oily sheen
Made with naturally-derived brightening ingredients, this spot corrector is gentle on the skin and deeply nourishing. This Rael Beauty Lighten Up Cica Spot Corrector contains portions of mineral oil and tea-tree oil that improves skin clarity, tone, and texture. It is formulated with an effective concentration of centella asiatica, which reduces dark spots, unwanted discoloration, and blemishes. It contains hyaluronic acid to lock moisture in and is enriched with white willow bark extracts to clear pores and alleviate acne and irritation.
- Provides hydration and locks moisture in
- Improves skin clarity, tone, and texture
- No synthetic fragrances and artificial dyes
- No parabens, sulfates, phthalates, phenoxyethanol and PEGs
- May take a while for formula to blend in well
This cream strengthens the skin by gently nourishing it with effective ingredients such as cypress tree and panthenol. It soothes rough and damaged skin, leaving you with a supple and healthy glow. This non-irritating, mild formula is excellent for sensitive skin, offering it dry-damage care and strengthening the skin barrier. What makes this product an adored skincare cream, you ask? It comes with the goodness of shea butter, antioxidant-rich, madecassoside, to seal moisture into the skin and maintain its overall health.
- Non-irritating, mild formula
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Strengthens skin barrier
- Quick absorption
- Improves texture
- Reduces flaky patches
- Protection from UV-A and UV-B rays
- May not suit combination skin
Are you troubled with dry and irritated skin? Give this Madeca Derma Revitalizing Cream a chance and see the difference for yourself. High concentrations of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid used in this product, moisturize skin, boost skin elasticity, and fight signs of aging. This loved product is enriched with nourishing ingredients such as rosemary extracts, white willow bark, Matricaria flower, bergamot fruit, and grapefruit to help tighten skin and leave behind a radiant glow. Made with portions of Centella Asiatica, daisy flower, grapefruit, green beans, orange oil, licorice root, and evening primrose oil, it offers antioxidant firming properties, rebuilds damaged skin and smoothes fine lines.
- Moisturizes and soothes skin
- Fights skin aging and tightens skin
- Reduces appearance of wrinkles
- Ideal for mature, sensitive skin
- Formula may be a bit heavy
10. Cosrx Cica Cream
This silky smooth cream boosts hydration in vulnerable, mature skin. It absorbs into the skin quickly and offers instant relief to irritated skin. This cica cream contains enriching ingredients such as bark extract, beeswax, sunflower seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil and pinus pinaster bark, which help provide ample moisture to the skin, while leaving behind a radiant and youthful glow. It is gentle on the skin and protects and restores the skin’s barrier, making it a perfect addition to your everyday skin care routine. Cosrx Pure Fit Cica Cream contains 6000 ppm of centella extract and helps restore any skin damage.
- Boosts hydration
- Offers instant relief to irritated skin
- Restores skin damage
- Lightweight, non-sticky formula
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- May not be suitable for extremely dry skin
Enriched with beta-glucan, ceramide NP and panthenol, this cica cream improves hydration, enhances water retention, and calms skin. With nourishing ingredients such as Centella Asiatica and green propolis extract, this VT Cicialio Cica Cream soothes troubled skin gently and strengthens skin barriers. The cream offers a layer of protection to the skin without the heaviness and added greasiness.
- Absorbs easily
- Improves skin texture
- Delivers healthy glow
- Oil and water balancing cream
- May take a while for results to show
Packed with the goodness of Centella Asiatica, ceramide, and panthenol, this cica recovery cream builds a healthy skin barrier to retain moisture and leaves you with younger looking, radiant skin. This hydrating formula contains nutmeg extracts and glycerine, which provide moisture and relieves dryness. It also enriched with the goodness of niacinamide to help minimize enlarged pores and even out skin tone. The anti-inflammatory properties of this plant-based formula offer a soothing feeling to irritated and itchy or dry skin.
- Hydrating formula
- Builds a healthy skin barrier
- Contains a pleasant scent
- Suitable for acne-prone and oily skin
- May not absorb quickly
There is more than one benefit in using this cica gel cream by the DERMATORY. It is formulated keeping sensitive skin in mind and is a hypoallergenic, dermatologically-test product. It contains guaiazulene to help reduce the swelling caused by acne and offers clear skin and feverfew extracts, which soothes irritated skin. A small amount is all you need of this gentle cream to help moisturize your entire face. Last but not least, it also contains chamomile extracts, which is known for their skin-calming properties.
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Soothes and repairs skin
- Relieves irritated skin
- May not by hydration enough for some
Now that you are caught up on the best cica creams in the beauty world, here’s how you can go about picking the best one for you.
How To Choose The Best Cica Cream?
Used for a long time in traditional asian medicine, cica creams have come a long way to now rocking the Korean beauty world. Here’s how you pick a cream that suits you the best.
- Skin type: From oily to dry to combination skin, each skin type has different needs. If you have itchy and dry skin, you can opt for Dewycel Cica Plus Balm and Iope Derma Repair Cica Cream. These creams contain panthenol and hyaluronic acid, which replenish the skin with moisture and hydrate them. For combination skin, where you usually struggle with an oily T-zone, creams like Apieu Madecassoside Cream and Cosrx Pure Fit Cica Cream may be your best find. They contain ingredients like madecassoside and niacinamide that tackle oily and dry patches simultaneously. If you have oily skin, you can go for the L’oreal Paris Revitalift Cica Cream, Dr. Jart + Cicapair Cream, Apieu Madecassoside Cream or the Rael Beauty Lighten Up Cica Spot Corrector. Enriched with ingredients like turmeric root extract and Niacinamide, these creams control excess sebum production.
- Skin Concerns: There are many cica creams that target different types of skin concerns including improving skin texture, anti-aging, reducing spots, brightening, etc. If you are looking to improve skin texture while providing hydration to the skin, go for ingredients like beta-glucan, ceramide NP and panthenol which help in better water retention and absorption. The T Cicialio Cica Cream contains all these ingredients and more. If you want to firm, plump and tighten skin along with fighting signs of aging, use ingredients such as tea extracts, niacinamide, grape seed extracts, vitamin C etc., as they help reduce the appearance of fine lines by hydrating and plumping the skin. For this we suggest you give the Meebak Cica Cream Age-Repair Moisturizer a try.
- Nourishing formula: Several cica creams offer a combination of ingredients that are deeply nourishing, especially with an interesting combination of licorice root, witch hazel leaf and coconut oil. Cosrx Pure Fit Cica Cream, Madeca Derma Revitalizing Cream and Iope Derma Repair Cica Cream have some of the most nourishing cica cream formulas in the market. These not only maintain the health of the skin, but form a protective barrier over the skin and shield it from further damage.
Cica cream is a wonder product if you have irritated skin. Whether it is to treat your burns, or soothe and heal dermatitis or eczema, these creams have definitely worked and proved their mettle. While it provides your sensitive skin some salvation and has turned into one of K-beauty’s favorite ingredients, the cica creams have made a great addition to several of our beauty care routines, thanks to their anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. We hope you find one that suits you best, with our guide of the 13 best cica creams in 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is cica cream good for skin?
Cica creams are a Godsend to irritated, sensitive skin. They soothe and strengthen the epidermal layer of the skin, while fighting signs of aging and providing soothing relief to those struggling with psoriasis and eczema.
Is cica cream good for acne and rosacea?
Yes, if you have rosacea or acne-prone skin, cica creams can offer great healing.
Is cica cream good for oily skin?
If you have oily skin, cica cream hydrates intensely while keeping the oiliness at bay.
Latest posts by Kirtana Divakar (see all)
- Exfoliate And Cleanse Your Skin With The 11 Best Loofahs Of 2021 - April 15, 2021
- 13 Best No-Show Socks For Women That Will Keep Your Feet Happy In 2021 - April 12, 2021
- Keep Your Feet Happy With The 15 Best Sandals For Women In 2021! - April 9, 2021
- 13 Best Purple Nail Polish Colors That Will Serve You All Year-Round - April 9, 2021
- 11 Best Non-Comedogenic BB Creams For Flawless Skin - April 8, 2021