Dryness is a common issue today. Some blame the weather, stress, or pollution, while others think it’s a phase that’ll pass. Well, it will not if you don’t figure out what’s causing the dryness, which is why we need to talk about ceramides. Ceramides are like little soldiers that create a barrier on your skin and prevent the natural moisture from evaporating. And when these little soldiers are less in number or not present, it leads to moisture loss, which may further cause dryness, itchiness, redness, and several other skin pigmentation conditions. Hence, topical ceramide creams are becoming an indispensable item in skincare routines. You may not be aware, but your dermatologist-recommended product for dryness might have ceramide in it already! However, if you are looking for a new ceramide cream, we have some of the top choices lined up for you. Scroll on!
Let not dryness be a part of your life permanently! Check out our list of 13 best ceramide creams of 2021 for you below.
Read on to know more.
Top 13 Best Ceramide Creams For Healthy And Moisturized Skin In 2021 (With Reviews)
To enjoy ceramides in abundance, try CeraVe products! For instance, this moisturizing cream by CeraVe is packed with not 1 but 3 essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to strengthen the skin’s barrier and prevent moisture loss. Ideal for applying on the face, body, and hands, it ensures 24-hour hydration as well, all thanks to the infused hyaluronic acid and MVE technology. Also, are you looking for a non-comedogenic ceramide cream? Because CeraVe Moisturizing Cream guarantees to not clog pores. Go on, shoot up the moisture levels with this one!
- Rich and velvety texture
- Lightweight and quick-absorbing
- Ensures relief from dryness
- Leaves skin soft and moisturized
- Gentle, non-sticky, and non-greasy
- Dermatologist-recommended and allergy-tested
- Fragrance-free and paraben-free
- Suitable for dry, sensitive, and oily skin
- Not suitable for acne-prone skin
Not a fan of scented products? Then this repair cream by Aveeno will be your ultimate go-to! A fragrance-free ceramide cream for all the sensitive noses out there, this one is a godsend soother and moisturizer for dry and very dry skin. Formulated with active and natural triple oat complex (oat flour, extract, and oil), it also contains ceramides and other rich emollients. Apply it generously as it ensures to hydrate intensely, prevent moisture loss, and strengthen the barrier with every use. Also, Aveeno has been a trusted dermatologist-recommended brand for over 65 years! Still, want to give it a miss?
- Ensures all-day hydration
- Provides relief from extreme dryness
- Alleviates itchiness and soothes irritated skin
- Non-comedogenic and steroid-free
- Lotion-like thin consistency
Need relief from itchiness? Here’s a good ceramide cream for you! A must-try for all, this lipid-replenishing cream guarantees to target itchiness, irritation, and redness-prone areas on your skin. Gentle and suitable for infants and children, its patented-I modulia strengthens and maintains the moisture barrier to stimulate healthy skin. Yep, with this rehydrating cream, you can stay itch-free forever. Try it!
- Velvety and rich texture
- Non-greasy and lightweight
- Safe to use for eczema and atopic dermatitis
- Approved by National Eczema Association
- Free from parabens, preservatives, fragrances, and dyes
- Applying too much may leave a sticky film
Comfort your little one’s skin with this ultra-gentle ceramide face cream. It’s so gentle that you can use it too! Packed with plant based-ingredients, ceramide, and approved by the National Eczema Association, this formula is ideal for eczema, itchiness, dryness, rashes, and redness as well. The cream contains shea butter, avocado perseose, sunflower oil distillate, and licorice extracts to relieve itchiness instantly. And given how discomforting dryness can be, this quick-absorbing and fast-acting formula will restore the softness of the skin effortlessly. Give it a try!
- Safe for newborns
- Velvety texture and non-greasy
- Replenishes lipids and nourishes dry skin
- Suitable to apply on body, hands, and eyelids
- Hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, and pediatric-tested
- Free from parabens, steroids, phthalates, mineral oil, fragrances, and more
This topical cream goes deep into the skin to treat dryness at the roots. Yep, it strengthens the moisture barrier to prevent water loss, and the microcapsule ceramide components make sure the skin is hydrated all day long. But what is even more surprising is that this cream plumps the skin instantly, making it look so fresh and moisturized as if you never had dryness in the first place! Now, that is something worth trying, we think!
- Lightweight formula
- Boosts skin’s ½ natural strength
- Leaves skin texture smoother and softer
- Free from sulfates, phthalates, and parabens
- Suitable to treat dry and rough skin
- It may be slightly greasy.
Therapeutic and how! This face cream with ceramides and 5% pure tea tree oil is the solution you need to soothe acne-prone and itchy skin. A great option to treat fungal skin as well, it’s ideal to use on the face, body, neck, and feet. Fighting breakouts with its powerful formula, it claims to reduce acne, exfoliate impurities, and leave the skin soft, toned, and smooth. Do not skip it!
- Cruelty-free product
- Fights inflammation
- Ensures a youthful radiance
- Purifies and moisturizes skin
- Non-greasy and quick-absorbing
- Suitable for dull and sensitive skin too
- Strong fragrance
Did you know dryness can quicken aging signs? We don’t mean to scare but caution that if you are witnessing early signs of aging, or have passed the age of 40, then this day cream will be ideal for you. Infused with SPF 30, the formula contains ceramide triple complex (1, 3, and 6), hibiscus abelmoschus seed extract, acetyl octapeptide, and ceramide plumping technology. Besides this, it strengthens the moisture barrier, reduces the appearance of aging lines, and protects the skin from sun damage. Yep, try this ceramide bliss to look younger, ladies!
- Moisturizes intensely
- Ensures long-lasting hydration
- Leaves skin tighter and firmer
- Combats uneven skin tone and texture
- Suitable for all skin types
There’s a reason why Koreans love rice in everything, even their beauty products! Like this one, for instance, has rice extracts and rice bran oil that ensure exfoliating, anti-aging, moisturizing, and skin-whitening benefits, all at once. And as for the ceramides, they make sure your skin’s moisture barrier is strengthened and maintained with every use. Want to know more? This natural ceramide cream has ceramide that’s turned into fine particles with nanotechnology to allow quick absorption. Now, why would you miss this natural bliss?
- Retains moisture
- Ensures intense hydration
- Protects against environmental damages
- Gentle and smooth formula
- Suitable for normal and sensitive skin
- Free from talc, tar color, mineral oil, and parabens
- Not suitable if you are sensitive to smell
Like comfort packed in a tube, Balancium Comfort Ceramide Cream will caress your skin like it is made only for you. Quenching your skin’s thirst with its ceramide-rich formula, preventing moisture loss, and keeping all the environmental irritants out, it’s a must-try for damaged or sensitized skin. The cream is formulated with Rx. Ceramide, Ceramide NP, Centella Asiatic Medical Grade Extract, and Centella Asiatic Leaf Water for providing maximum repairing benefits. Try it!
- Lightweight and balm-like texture
- Soothes and repairs damaged skin
- Strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier
- Glides on smoothly and melts on the skin
- Improves elasticity and delivers a mattified finish
- Ideal for applying on all skin types and tones
- EWG Green grader-certified, cruelty-free, and paraben-free
- Slightly greasy
Vegan lovers, we have a vegan ceramide cream for y’all! A must-try for workaholics or those who prefer to apply treatment creams at night, this sleeping pack is the escape your skin needs to recover, repair, and replenish. Formulated with ceramide, hyaluronic acid, and squalene, it protects and strengthens the moisture barrier, retains natural moisture, and hydrates intensely. All in all, you wake up to nourished, moisturized, and oil-balanced skin every day. Do not miss this bliss!
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Lightweight and gel-cream texture
- Soothes and calms skin with super Cantella complex
- Non-sticky, fragrance-free, cruelty-free, and pregnancy-safe
- Free from mineral oil, paraben, coconut oil, essential oil, silicone, and more
- It may clog pores.
Men, all eyes on this treatment cream if you are dealing with dry and dull skin. This anti-aging and moisture rebalancing combo will restore the natural suppleness of your skin with every use. Formulated with a blend of ceramide technology and TNS (Tissue Nutrient Solution), it hydrates intensely, repairs moisture barrier, and reduces wrinkles and fine lines effortlessly. Why would you miss it?
- Improves complexion
- Combats uneven skin tone
- Creamy texture and non-greasy
- Strengthens and maintains moisture barrier
Put an end to dryness with this natural ceramide therapy! Here’s a shout out to all those dealing with rough and dehydrated skin, this ultra-moisturizing blend will rebalance your skin’s moisture effortlessly. Packed with Riceramide-3 complex, natural essential fatty acids, hyaluronic acid, shea butter, and more, it’s more like a therapeutic balm to help your skin cells repair and maintain the moisture barrier. Ideal for sensitive skin, as it promises to protect and soothe, the cream also leaves a protective barrier on the skin and supports skin renewal. Yep, thirsty skin no more!
- Provides deep moisturization
- Vegan and cruelty-free product
- Fragrance-free and plant-based formula
- Mild, non-sticky, and suitable for sensitive skin
- Gluten-free, steroid-free, paraben-free, and non-GMO
- Dermatologist-recommended, clinically-tested, and pH-balanced
- Not suitable if you prefer thin consistency
Saving this cool option for the last, Sunday Riley Ice Ceramide Moisturizing Cream will strengthen the moisture barrier and provide long-lasting hydration with every use! Leaving your skin baby-smooth, hydrated, and timeless effortlessly, it also prevents premature aging and seals in the natural moisture effectively. What does it contain? Coconut and beetroot extracts provide intense hydration, and vitamin F, ceramides, and pomegranate sterols reinforce and maintain the moisture barrier. Give it a try!
- Cruelty-free product
- Lightweight and rich texture
- Fast-acting and non-irritating formula
- Provides relief from dryness
- Free from mineral oil, formaldehyde, soy, and more
- Paraben-free, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, and gluten-free
Let your skin drink up and stay moisturized every day! There you go, those were the 13 best ceramide creams to prevent dryness this 2021. Do you need more assistance with choosing the right cream for your skin? We’ve let out some tips in our buying guide below.
How To Choose The Right Ceramide Cream?
It’s easy! Look out for the following features in the product before buying:
Skin type: If you think ceramide creams are for dry skin users only, you are highly mistaken. Any skin type can go through a dry phase, which is why there are ceramide creams available for all skin types. So, inspect before buying to make the most of its benefits.
Dermatologist-tested: If you are dealing with extreme dryness or rough skin, then it’s ideal to opt for a trusted brand or dermatologist-tested product to treat your skin. Also, most of the ceramide creams are dermatologist-tested.
Intense hydration: Make up for the water loss with a product that ensures intense hydration. Also, the hydration boost will help your skin replenish, repair, and recover with every use.
Long-lasting effects: You must choose a product that offers long-lasting effects (be it hydration or moisture barrier strengthening), so you don’t have to worry about dryness knocking on your door again.
Reinforces and maintains the moisture barrier: Lastly, look out for your skin’s moisture barrier. Yep, that’s what you have to repair and strengthen immediately to help your skin retain moisture and prevent evaporation.
With that, we bet dryness will be far, far away from your skin. Why deal with white patches or expensive topical moisturizers when a ceramide cream is all you need to retain the natural moisture? Also, with 13 options on our list, including dermatologist-recommended ones, we hope we’ve made your shopping experience easy and quick. So, what are you waiting for? Go, boost some ceramides with the best cream!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Is ceramide good for the skin?
Yes, ceramide is great for dryness-prone or rough skin as it reinforces the moisture barrier to prevent water loss and keep skin naturally hydrated.
Do ceramides help wrinkles?
Yes, ceramides can reduce aging lines as they boost hydration levels, which helps skin appear plumper, smoother, and less wrinkly than before.
Do ceramides clog pores?
No ceramides on their own will not clog pores, but the same cannot be said about the formula that they are blended in. Hence, before applying, check if the cream is non-comedogenic.
Is ceramide good for eczema?
Whether you have eczema, redness, or itchy skin, ceramides can fight it all. So, if you are looking for a ceramide cream for eczema, Eau Thermale Avene XeraCalm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cream would be a great option.
Latest posts by Chaitra Krishnan (see all)
- Keep Your Skin Hydrated With These 13 Best Humidifiers For Dry Skin In 2021 - March 22, 2021
- 19 Makeup Mistakes That Are Dangerously Aging Your Look - March 19, 2021
- Groom Your Nails With The 15 Best Nail Clippers Of 2021! - March 17, 2021
- Recharge Your Skin With 15 Best Drugstore Sheet Masks Of 2021 - March 15, 2021
- How Scary Is It Being A Woman? 11 Real-life Experiences Shared By Women From Across The Country - March 10, 2021