13 Best Magnetic Nail Polishes Of 2023
Attract all eyes to your cool nail arts with a few splashes of these alluring colors.
If you are into nail art trends, you must have heard about magnetic polishes and probably wish to get the best magnetic nail polish you can find. The most exciting thing about magnetic nail paint is that it allows you to create various nail art designs, shapes, and patterns easily on your nails.
But how do they work? Magnetic nail polish has many small metallic particles triggered when a magnet or a small magnetic disc is placed near it. You can get the designs transferred to your nails through a magnetic disc made of metals organized in different patterns.
To get you started with DIY vivid and patterned nail art designs, here is our list of the top 13 magnetic nail polishes that can make your nails become the talk of the party. Keep scrolling!
In This Article
13 Best Magnetic Nail Polishes For Cat Eye Nails
1. Gellen Cat Eye Gel Nail Polish Kit
You don’t have to spend tons of money on manicures when you can get elegant and chic t nails at home. With the Gellen Cat Eye Gel Nail Polish Kit, it is possible to achieve salon-style nail art at home! The kit comes with a magnetic wand that will allow you to create gorgeous cat-eye nail art. Plus, the cat-eye effect looks scintillating from every angle! This set comes with 6 popular cat-eye shades and a magnet wand. Here’s an honest review of the product.
- Made using skin-friendly ingredients
- Lasts for 2-3 weeks
- Non-toxic product
- Has a mild fragrance
- It is easily cured with LED and UV lamps.
- A UV lamp is necessary for drying the polish.
2. BORN PRETTY Magnetic Cat Eye Nail Polish Set
Cat’s eye nail polish is trending all over social media, and with this nail polish kit, your nails will be #Instaready instantly! The kit comes with 6 vivacious and colorful nail polish shades and a magnetic stick to create the cat-eye effect. This high-quality nail polish is cruelty-free and is made using non-toxic and safe-to-use ingredients.
- High-shine and glossy shades
- 3D chameleon cat-eye finish
- Dries off quickly
- Offers a holographic effect
- Does not peel off easily
- To be used with a black base coat that isn’t included in the kit.
3. Allenbelle Magnet Gel Nail Polish
If galactic patterns on your nails is your style, you’ll love this magnetic nail polish kit that comes with 6 appealing shades and a magnetic wand to create exciting and trendy nail art designs at home! Simply use the wand to create the desired pattern and let the nail polish dry under the UV or LED lamp for 2-3 minutes.
- Features non-toxic and harmless resin
- High contrast cat-eye shades
- Remains intact for up to 2 weeks
- Doesn’t flake
- Some may find it too flashy.
4. Lagunamoon 3D Cat Eye Gel Nail Polish Magnetic
This set is just right if you want to create bang-on 3D cat-eye nail art. It features 6 long-lasting and multi-hued nail polish shades for every occasion. All the nail polish shades offer a bright mirror finish and don’t have a flashy holographic effect. If you prefer subtle cat-eye nail art, this set is worth trying. The collection is ideal for personal use as well as for use by professionals in salons. The product is made using non-toxic, harmless resin and thus suitable for natural nails, UV gel nails, false nails, acrylic nails, nail tips, etc.
- Doesn’t chip or smudge
- Long-lasting gel
- Easy to remove
- Richly pigmented
- May not dry without the use of a professional dryer lamp
5. UR SUGAR 9D Cat Eye Gel Nail Polish
This magnetic gel cats eye nail polish kit consists of everything you will need for acing nail art at home. The kit comes with three 9D-effect, gel-based nail polish shades, 1 black nail polish for base coat, 1 double-ended magnetic stick, and a topcoat. The kit can be used to create vibrant nail art and effects like holographic effect, ultra shining halo effect, and much more. Here’s a video featuring a detailed review of the product.
- Made using toxin-free and high-quality resin
- The black coat enhances the 9D polish
- Environment-friendly ingredients
- Lasts for up to 30 days if applied properly
- Professional-grade nail art kit
- Some may find the consistency thick and sticky.
6. MIZHSE 9D Cat Eye Gel Nail Polish
If you are obsessed with cat-eye nail art, here is a set of 9D cat-eye effect gel nail polishes for you to try. With this kit, you can create the cat-eye effect, black hole effect, and the chameleon look. The flashy nail polish shades change color when viewed from different angles, and thus, it can be the center of attraction at your weekend parties. This video will help you understand the product better.
- Set of 6 nail paints
- Comes with black nail gel
- Double-headed magnetic wand
- Offers good tenacity
- Chip and smudge resistant
- Some may find the fragrance too strong
7. Coscelia Cat Eyes Gel Magnetic Chameleon Gel Nail Polish
The colors in this kit range from mellow to galactic and can be used for creating a plethora of nail art designs. The highly pigmented nail polish shades are made using natural resin and are free from toxic ingredients. The set comes with 5 unique nail polish shades, a black gel, and a double-headed magnetic wand.
- Environment-friendly gel
- Wears for up to 2 weeks
- Easy to apply
- Dramatic color changing effect
- Multi-chrome finish
- You may find the colors lighter than shown in pictures.
8. NICOLE DIARY 9D Cat Eye Gel Magnetic Gel Polish Set
If you are looking for magnetic gel polish that shines bright like a diamond, this set with 6 perfectly glittery shades is the one for you! You can now ace the cat-eye nail effect, halo effect, matte, and galaxy effect. You can also flash your nails as they change colors and appear unique under different lights. This set comes with 6 cat-eye UV gel nail paints and 1 black gel.
- Free from harmful ingredients
- Doesn’t have a strong odor
- Quickly dries off under UV light
- Balanced consistency
- Doesn’t chip or flake
- Doesn’t come with a magnetic wand.
9. Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Polish
Nail polish shades by Sally Hansen are always flattering, and if you are obsessed with the magnetic nail polish trend, get your hands on this 8-color collection! The kit offers breathtaking designs and colors so you can create 3D cat-eye nail art in minutes. The shades in this kit are ideal for various occasions and feature colors like gold, silver, gray, copper, indigo, red, purple, and green.
- Sparkly and shiny shades
- Dries off quickly
- Long-lasting product
- Doesn’t chip for 2-3 weeks
- Easily removable
- May have to hold the magnet longer than usual.
10. Vrenmol 6 Colors 9D Cat Eye Magnetic Gel Nail Polish
This kit comes with super sparkly colors that will not let you down. The nail polish shades in this kit quickly respond to a magnet and create various patterns. Each nail polish offers great definition and requires a black gel base if you are looking to enhance the shine factor. You can use these shades to create a vibrant cat-eye look or a multi-chrome finish. Thus, for a party night, these are the perfect glitzy and flashy shades to rock your outfit with!
- Quickly dries under LED or UV lamp
- Doesn’t peel off easily
- Balanced consistency
- Remains intact for up to 3 weeks
- Comes with 6 gel nail polish and a magnetic wand
- The odor may be strong.
11. Mobray 5D Cat Eye Gel Magnetic Polish Set
Pamper your nails and do it right with this set from Mobray! The colors in this set help create the uber trendy cat-eye effect, which is different from the regular sheen you expect from conventional sets. This kit comes with 6 magnetic gel polishes, 1 black gel, and a magnetic wand. What’s more is that if you are not completely satisfied with the kit, this product comes with a 30 days money back guarantee.
- Durable and lasting color
- Comes in a delicate and elegant packaging
- Dries off within seconds under UV lamp
- Dramatic patterns
- Provides high-contrast cat-eye and halo
- Nail paint may feel lumpy on the nails.
12. Makartt Magnetic Nail Polish Gel Kit
Nothing looks as beautiful as perfectly manicured nails, and with this gel nail polish kit, you can flaunt your nails like never before. The kit features everything you need to create a refreshing nail art and comes with 5 magnetic gel nail paints, a black gel polish, top coat, and a magnetic wand for creating unique patterns. This magnetic nail polish is made using natural resin and hence, it is environment-friendly.
- Works with a different dark-colored base
- Wears effortlessly for up to 2 weeks
- No harsh adhesives or ingredients are used
- The topcoat may blur the pattern or effect.
13. Hirido Cat Eye Magnetic Gel Nail Polish Set
From the casual pink to the elegant pastel shades, this environment-friendly kit comes with a variety of trending and luxurious gel nail polishes so you can rock a different manicure every week. The gel polish in this kit is reflective and looks glittery when viewed from different angles and light settings. If you have sensitive skin or brittle nails, this toxin-free nail polish kit will be super gentle on your nails and skin. It dries off quickly with UV dryer.
- Flashy and bright colors
- Bottles are filled to the brim
- No touch ups required
- Doesn’t chip or smudge
- You may find it difficult to remove.
We have already discussed some of the best magnetic nail polish available in this article. Now it’s time to give you some more information on how to choose the correct magnetic nail polish.
How To Choose Magnetic Nail Polish?
Choosing the right magnetic nail polish is not tricky. Magnetic gel nail polish is available in plenty of colors ranging from everyday pastel colors to bright party-inspired shades. Some magnetic nail polish shades offer a matte finish while some provide a flashy and glittery effect so you can pick the shade that works best for you.
A magnetic gel nail polish is used with a black gel for enhancing the shiny effect, so make sure that you have a black gel as some kits don’t come with it. Also, most magnetic nail polishes dry only under UV or LED lamps, so you will have to buy a drier separately. The primary purpose of the magnetic nail polish is to help you create different patterns and texture with the help of a magnetic wand. So, make sure that a wand is available inside the kit.
How Does Magnetic Nail Polish Work?
Magnetic nail polish works uniquely compared to other nail polish. Magnetic nail polish is formulated with tiny metal particles that easily attract magnets. These magnets are generally darker, and thus, give a textured and patterned look to your nail polish. However, to create various patterns, you need a magnetic wand or stick. When you use the magnetic wand on your nails, the metallic particles in the nail polish stick together to form a pattern.
If your magnet has a wavy pattern, your nail polish will have a wavy effect, and if your metal is round, your nail polish will get a black hole effect. Thus, to create different patterns, you simply have to hold the metal disc or wand above the wet polish and watch as the metal particles create a pattern.
How To Apply Magnetic Nail Polish?
Applying magnetic nail polish is not as simple as applying regular nail polish. You may have to practice it to become a pro at creating different patterns. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First of all, wash your hands and clean your nails with water and dry them with a napkin.
- Now apply the first coat of the nail polish to your nails and let the coat dry completely.
- Once the base coat dries, apply a second of the magnetic nail polish. Make sure that you apply a thick layer so the magnetic wand can easily form patterns.
- Within 10-15 seconds, hold the magnetic disc or wand above your wet nail polish. Hold the wand as close to your nails as possible without it touching your nails. Also, prevent the nail polish from running or smudging. Keep the magnet as still as.
- Within a few seconds, you will notice textured effects on your nail. When the pattern is created, let it dry completely.
- Once the coat dries off, you can apply a transparent topcoat to make the nail polish look more glossy and also to protect the nail polish from flaking. Your beautiful magnetic nail polish is now ready to rock.
Infographic: Aftercare Tips of Magnetic Nail Polish & How To Remove It
Magnetic nail polishes are a fun and unique way to add creativity to your nail routine. But to flaunt your gorgeous nails for a long time, you need to follow certain aftercare tips. Check out the infographic below to learn how to maintain your magnetic nails and remove the polish properly when you feel the need to.
If you love nail arts and would like to experiment with new DIYs with various shades, magnetic nail polishes are ideal. These polishes help in creating different kinds of nail art designs. These high-quality magnetic nail polishes can be combined with any gel or UV nail polishes to create a holographic effect. The nail polishes on our list are long-lasting, easy to remove, and are do not chip off. These products are available in various shades. So check out the product reviews to pick the nail polish according to your preference.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Chaitra Krishnan is a makeup enthusiast and loves trying out different manicures. She wears magnetic nail paints because they allow her to create innovative nail art designs, shapes, and patterns easily. She has gone through multiple online reviews and shortlisted the best magnetic nail polishes for her readers. She recommends using these products as they are richly pigmented, last long, and do not smudge or chip.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does magnetic nail polish really work?
Yes. If the nail polish is formulated with metal and is used along with a magnetic wand or disc, it will create a unique pattern or texture. Make sure that you apply a thick coat of magnetic nail polish so the magnet can efficiently react with the metals and create designs.
What does magnetic nail polish do?
Magnetic nail polish is filled with small metals and comes with a magnetic wand. Thus, when you hold the magnet above your wet nail polish, it will create various patterns depending on the shape of the magnet. It can create a cat-eye effect, black hole effect, wavy patterns, etc.
Is magnetic nail polish bad for you?
Some may find it unsafe to wear metal-based nail polish, but a magnetic nail polish made using non-toxic and skin-friendly ingredients is safe to wear. If you have any severe nail or skin issues, it is recommended to wear the nail polish after consulting with your dermatologist.
How do you use Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail polish?
The process of applying a Sally Hansen Magnetic nail polish is the same as described above. Just make sure that you apply 2 coats of the magnetic nail polish to create a thicker base and allow the magnetic wand to work its way.
Is magnetic nail polish safe during pregnancy?
Yes,magnetic nail polishes are generally safe during pregnancy. But, always check the ingredients list for any toxic substances.
Is gel nail polish magnetic?
No, only those gel nail polishes with aluminum, barium, iron, or magnesium in their formula are magnetic.
- Long-Lasting Gel Nail Polishes
- Nail Polish Colors For Olive, Tan, Light, Medium Skins
- Tools That You Need In Your Nail Art Kit