Those born with straight hair will tell you why they need to own the best curling irons for fine hair. As impressive as sleek natural hair looks, there are several shortcomings. For starters, it will always make your hair look thin, no matter how healthy it is. The easiest way to go about it is to curl your hair to add volume to your hairstyles. Curls add the peppy look that goes with every kind of attire, and if you have been meaning to own a durable and quality curling rod, we have exactly what your hair needs. Using the suitable curling iron will help you change your hairstyle whenever you please without ruining your hair cuticles with the heat. So be it beachy curls or some intense waves, your new hair curler will make sure you look the best the moment you step out of your home. So, are you ready to give your straight hair some gorgeous bouncy curls? Go through our carefully curated list and choose your favorite one from the 15 curling irons crafted for fine hair.
15 Best Curling Irons For Fine Hair Of 2022
1. Best Overall: Remington Pearl Ceramic Curling Iron
This pastel-pink curling iron for fine hair is not just a treat to the eyes but also one of the best-selling ones. Its barrel ranges from 1-1.5 inches and helps you create voluminous tousled waves. Infused with crushed pearls, the barrels lock up curls without damaging the hair. It is also coated with ceramic, which allows for heat to be distributed evenly and consistently. It comes equipped with digital controls and 10 heat settings and can reach a maximum of 410°F, which makes it easy to select the right temperature for the style you want to achieve. You don’t ever have to worry about burning your hands as it comes with a heat protectant glove. Watch this video for a thorough understanding of the product.
- The barrel is coated with ceramic which distributes heat evenly
- The barrel is infused with crushed pearls
- Reduces frizz
- 10 heat settings
- Comes with a heat protectant glove
- Auto shut-off
- The barrel doesn’t come with a clamp
- Some may find the barrel slightly large
2. Best For Loose Curls: Bed Head Tigi Curlipops Curling Wand
Bed Head doesn’t just make haircare products to die for, it also makes extraordinary curling irons. This one specifically claims to help you achieve “loose curls with outrageous body”. Perfect for fine or thin hair, the barrel of this iron combines both tourmaline and ceramic technology for reduced frizz and extra shine. It is safe to be used close to the scalp as it comes with a cool tip and the heat can go up to 400°F. It also comes with a tangle-free 6-ft swivel cord for easy hairstyling and the heat protective gloves ensures that you are accident-free when using it.
- Uses both tourmaline and ceramic technology
- Designed to help create loose curls
- Comes with a cool tip
- Includes a heat protectant glove
- Slightly expensive
3. Best Heat Settings: Baby Liss Pro Nano Titanium Curling Iron
The Baby Liss Pro range of hair styling tools are quickly becoming crowd-favorites. This curling iron comes with a nano titanium barrel which produces gentle, far-infrared heat to curl hair without damaging it, while also offering even heat distribution. The negative ion technology fights the positive ions in the hair to lock moisture, leaving it smooth and shiny. You can style your hair in a short span of time and marvel at the curls that last for days, thanks to its turbo-heat boost feature. The temperature in this curling wand can go up to 450°F but people with fine hair are advised to use it at a low temperature. Click here to check out this YouTuber’s unbiased review.
- Fast heat-up and recovery
- Nano titanium barrel
- Comes with a clamp to secure hair strands in place
- 50 heat settings
- 8-ft tangle-free swivel cord
- Slightly expensive
4. Best Quick-Heating: Chi Spin N Curl Curling Tool
This hair curling tool is one of the most unique curling tools you will ever come across. Simply place the section of hair you want curled in between the two small barrels inside the opening and let it draw in all of your hair. When the section of hair is inside the curling chamber, it gets heated and timed (15-19 seconds) to reveal perfect curls when released. You can also release your hair before the 15 seconds are up. It comes with ceramic rotating barrels, tangle protection, and directional buttons along with beeping alerts. The best part of this tool is that it’s ideal for all hair types. Here’s a personal review video to help you get a better understanding of this curling iron.
- Suitable for all hair types
- You don’t have to manually twist hair onto the iron
- Reduces frizz and static
- No heat damage
- Ceramic rotating barrels
5. Best Budget-Friendly: Conair Double Ceramic Curling Iron
Its petite size, a beautiful rose-gold color, and double ceramic technology aren’t the only things that work in this iron’s favor. One would be surprised that such a high-quality product could be as affordable as well! The high ceramic content in this curling iron provides even heat for gorgeous, long-lasting curls and eliminates frizz while doing so. It comes with 30 heat settings, taking all types and textures of hair into consideration. It also comes with a unique cool tip for safe and easy handling and is dual-voltage as well. It can reach upto 400°F with its Turbo Boost feature and comes with a heat shield as well.
- Its compact size makes it travel-friendly
- Double ceramic power
- Auto-off feature
- 30 heat settings
- The 5-ft cord may be short for some
- The clamp may be loose
6. Best Lightweight: Herstyler Teflon Wand Baby Curl Hot Pink
It must be this magical wand that makes Hermione Granger’s hair as curly as it is! This curling wand is designed to give you natural-looking, classic tight curls that will last for more than a day. The tapered ceramic barrel of this wand helps protect your hair while simultaneously releasing negative ions to prevent cuticles from damage or splitting. Its handy ergonomic design allows for easy and safe handling. The curler can also reach high temperatures quickly for you to achieve salon style tight ringlets in minutes. As it is compact and lightweight, it also makes for a good travel companion to make you look flawless, every day.
- Lightweight and compact
- Negative ion technology
- Clipless Teflon tapered barrel
- Suitable for all hair types
- Doesn’t come with adjustable heat settings
7. Best Iron With Long Cord: Hot Tools Professional Nano Ceramic Curling Iron
When an establishment wins prestigious awards for more than 25 years, you know that they are doing something right. Hot Tools Professional curling irons help you achieve salon style hair from the comfort of your bedroom. The nano-sized ceramic particles in this iron create a smooth, shiny, and snag-free surface, allowing an effortless glide over your hair. You can easily switch between heat settings by using the rheostat temperature control dial and its proprietary Pulse Technology ensures that the iron heats up quickly and stays hot as well. The extra-long cord also helps in styling your hair with ease.
- Comes with nano ceramic micro-shine plates
- Designed to help protect hair from overheating
- Reduces frizz
- Its proprietary Pulse Technology keeps the iron hot
- 8-ft swivel cord
- Slightly high-cost
8. Best Easy-To-Use: Bestope Curling Iron Wand
One of the first things you will notice about this curling wand is its comfortable-to-use design. The non-slip silicone handle gives you a snug grip and its one-button feature makes this one a joy to use! The 1.25-inch barrel helps you achieve looping and tousled curls, while adding definition to it. The spring clamp ensures that your curls last for more than a day. The splendid combination of ceramic and tourmaline coating makes the barrel smoother and also provides heat even for minimal damage. The wand heats up in less than 60 seconds to reach 430°F and comes with 4 different heat settings. However, women with fine hair are advised to keep the temperature at 320°F – 355°F.
- Smooth 1.25-inch barrel
- Ceramic and tourmaline coating
- Efficient spring clamp
- 4 heat settings
- No-tangle swivel cord
- May cause minimal heat damage
9. Best For All Hair Types: Revlon Tourmaline Ceramic Coating Ball Wand
Ideal for all hair types, this unique ball-shaped barrel is perfect for loose and natural-looking curls. A salon-grade curling wand, it can reach upto 420°F heat in 30 seconds and its multiple heat settings provide precise control for all hair types. It also comes with a cool tip for easy grip and is safe to be used near the scalp as well. Coated with tourmaline and ceramic, it helps you create long-lasting curls with close to no heat damage. This ball wand can also help you create two types of curls: classic-tight curls and beachy waves. As Revlon cares about your safety, the wand comes with a heat-protectant glove as well. Check out this video to better understand the functions of this curling iron.
- Unique ball-shaped curling wand
- Reaches 420°F in 30 seconds
- Coated with tourmaline and ceramic
- Helps create two types of curls
- Includes a heat-protectant glove
- May cause some heat damage
10. Best Iron With Dual Voltage: Sunluna Hair Curling Wand For Fine Hair
With this sleek curling iron for fine hair, you can fool almost anyone into believing that you have naturally curly hair. It comes with a fast-heating PTC and can reach 430°F in less than a minute. The smooth ceramic and tourmaline coating paves the way for even heat distribution and defined curls. This hair curling iron also includes an insulated tip, an anti-scalding and anti-slip bracket, and a heat-resistant glove for safe handling. It is also dual-voltage, hence it can be used anywhere in the world. Its 1.25-inch curling wand creates beachy waves that look natural and effortless. It’s also super easy to switch between the 10 heat settings in this iron, one simply has to rotate the temperature dial in the clockwise direction.
- Ideal for all hair types
- Comes with an insulated tip
- 10 heat settings
- Includes a heat-resistant glove and 2 curl clips
- The curls may not last for a long time for some
11. Best For Long-Lasting Curls: Hoson Professional Curling Iron
Experience the best of three worlds with this professional salon-grade curling wand. The wand comes with ceramic coating, an anti-rust, and a thermal layer that lends a smooth finish to your hair while eliminating frizz and locking in the natural moisture of the hair. The tourmaline in the iron works actively towards reducing damage and the insulated tip prevents scalding. The clamp secures hair in place for bouncy curls and the dual PTC heating provides an even flow of heat. The LCD panel helps in keeping track of the heat settings, while the 360° swivel cord prevents any mishaps.
- Ceramic and tourmaline coating
- The wand is anti-rust and has a thermal layer
- Sturdy clamp
- Creates curls that last a whole day
- Dual voltage
- The wand may be a little too long
12. Best Sleek Design: Hot And Hotter ⅝ Inch Silver Curling Iron
The Hot and Hotter ⅝ Inch Silver Curling Iron is the perfect choice if you are looking for an iron suitable for all skin types. This device heats up to 450° F, smoothing your hair out without causing any damage and eliminating frizz. It gives you tight, textured curls in no time. The lightweight curling iron can be easily carried during travels, while the safety stand and tip protect your skin while using the iron.
- Sleek design
- Safety stand and tip
- Heats well
13. Best Iron With Interchangeable Barrels: O’Bella 5-in-1 Curling Iron Wand Set
Now here’s a curling iron that will make all your hair-curling and styling dreams come true. The kit comes with 5 interchangeable barrels in different sizes, which will help you create any sort of curls that you desire. The tourmaline wand emits negative ions to combat the positive ions in the hair, which helps in sealing moisture in the hair and reducing frizz. Every barrel has thermally insulated tips and the wand comes with 5 temperature settings. The one button control also makes this iron set quite an easy one to use.
- Comes with 5 interchangeable barrels in different sizes
- Each barrel has thermally insulated tip
- Fast ceramic heating
- Comes with a firm stand
- 8-ft swivel cord
- Includes a protective glove and 2 curl clips
- As the handle and wand are of the same color, it may be confusing to note where the wand starts and ends from peripheral vision
14. Best Travel-Friendly: L’Ange Hair Curling Wand
Get your curls on with this compact and handy tourmaline-infused ceramic barrel wand. The ceramic plates with tourmaline and far-infrared heat technology not only helps you create lustrous and smooth curls, but also eliminates frizz while doing so. The negative ion technology also works hard in keeping hair damage to a minimum. It comes in two variants of barrel sizes, so you can create tight curls or loose and wavy ones. Safe for all hair types, the heat in the iron can reach upto 410°F in a short span of time. Its convenient 360° swivel cord allows ease of movement so that you can easily wrap the strands of hair around the barrel.
- Compact, lightweight, and travel-friendly
- Comes with a tourmaline-infused ceramic barrel
- Uses negative ion technology
- 360° swivel cord
- Does not come with a clamp
15. Best For Different Curls: T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand
An award-winning curling iron, this one will meet all your wildest expectations! It comes with 3 interchangeable barrels, each that is specifically designed for undone waves, tousled waves, and loose waves. So, with one base you can create infinite styles. It comes with 5 heat settings, making it ideal for all hair types. The smart microchip that is integrated into the curling iron ensures consistent heat distribution. Its T3 Digital Singlepass Technology allows for one-pass styling. Along with these amazing qualities, its rose-gold and white exterior makes it quite a sight for the eyes.
- An award-winning curling iron
- Comes with 3 interchangeable barrels
- 5 heat settings
- Smart microchip ensures even heat distribution
- Includes a heat-protectant glove
- Extremely expensive
As we’ve reached the end of our list of the 15 best curling irons for fine hair, we will take a look at a few important pointers for selecting one that is best for you.
How To Select A Curling Iron For Fine Hair – A Helpful Buying Guide
Which temperature is best for fine hair?
As most curling irons are designed for all types of hair, they can reach up to 400°F-430°F in a matter of seconds. However, these temperatures may be too harsh for fine hair. If you have fine hair, it is recommended that you keep the iron at around 255°F.
Which is the best barrel type and size for fine hair?
Ceramic barrels that are coated with tourmaline are considered to be ideal for fine hair. To make fine hair look thick and voluminous, beachy waves can be the best way to go. For that, a 1.25 inch barrel can work wonders for you.
What is nanotechnology?
Nanotechnology that is used in curling irons combine particles from ceramic plates and silver to create fused ions. The ions help in making your hair shiny, lustrous, and frizz-free.
Now, we will look at some basic steps that will help you use a curling iron better.
How To Curl Fine Hair Using A Curling Iron
- Step 1: Heat up the curling iron. For fine hair, keep the iron at low to medium heat or at around 255°F.
- Step 2: Brush or comb your hair thoroughly. Make sure that there are no tangles. Air dry or blow dry any damp sections.
- Step 3: Although this step is optional, it is wise to apply a heat protectant serum or spray onto your dry hair.
- Step 4: Separate your hair into small sections and keep it clipped until you are ready to iron it. The sections should be about 2-3 inches each.
- Step 5: Take a section of the hair and wrap it around the barrel of the curling iron.
- Step 6: Keep the curls held on the barrel for 10-15 seconds.
- Step 7: Repeat the process until all sections are curled.
- Step 8: Run your finger or a brush to gently loosen out the curls. This will give it a more natural appearance.
- Step 9: Use a setting spray to lock your curls in place.
- Step 10: Enjoy your curly hair.
Important Tips to Make Fine Hair Hold Curls That Lasts Longer
- Step 1: Once you are done ironing your curls. Use a strong-hold setting spray.
- Step 2: Gather all your curls and secure them with bobby pins in the center of your head.
- Step 3: Use the cool-shot button on your blow dryer, as it helps in locking the curls better.
- Step 4: Open the curls slowly and apply hair-gel on each curl.
- Step 5: Let it sit for 15 minutes and let the gel do its work.
- Step 6: Once the curls are set, don’t keep fiddling with your hair.
Straight hair is a blessing, but fine, straight hair needs extra attention. One has to be extremely careful while styling them as they are prone to breakage. That’s why fine hair needs dedicated curling irons that ease the process of turning the fine locks into beautiful curls. Nevertheless, you must be careful while choosing the curling irons. Ensure that the irons distribute even heat, minimize frizz, come with heat settings, and have a cool tip to prevent scalds.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Vaishnavi Kothuri is a hair and makeup enthusiast. She brings you this post on the best curling irons that will give your hair a sleek and natural look. These curling irons were handpicked after thorough research about their efficiency, safety, and user reviews. Sneha has also prepared a buying guide to help you make an informed choice.