Curly hair looks charming. Unfortunately, not everyone has curly hair naturally. But if you have the best spiral curling iron, you can get beautiful curls on any type of hair. The curling irons make help you make defined, smooth, and bouncy curls on your tresses. Its spiral design holds your hair well and makes the job easy. You can now get salon-like curly hair at home using these irons. In this post, we have mentioned the 9 best spiral curling irons so that you can get your dream curls. Check them out below!
What Is A Spiral Curling Iron?
A spiral curling iron is designed in a spiral shape to create salon-like defined curls within minutes. Also, they are available in different barrel sizes, with each barrel offering to make loose to tighter curls as you desire.
Now, who’s ready to flaunt their curly side this 2022? Go on and browse through our list of 9 best spiral curling irons of 2022 below.
Read on to know more!
Top 9 Spiral Curling Irons and Wands of 2022
Whoever said hair styling is time-consuming hasn’t tried this super-fast curler! Heating up instantly in 30 seconds, you can create pretty curls without having to wait for too long. Whether you prefer defined, loose, or tight spiral curls, this one claims to deliver stunning results instantly. Also, with turbo heat feature and high temperature (350°F) settings available, you can switch between desired heat as per your curling needs! Workaholics, where y’all at?
- Extra-long spiral barrel
- Versatile with 25 heat settings
- Safe and suitable for all types of hair
- Delivers consistent curls
- Ensures even heat distribution
- It features a cool tip, auto-off, and heat-resistant stand for added safety.
- The curls may not last all day.
With this user-friendly and advanced spiral curler at home, you can ditch the salon forever. Super easy-to-use, and with a heat-resistant glove and clips included in the set, there will never be a sad curling session with this one! Also, with 5 interchangeable barrels giving you the freedom to jump from wave spirals to bouncy curls instantly, get ready to be named the curl goddess in the squad with Bestope Curling Iron.
- 110-240 universal dual voltage
- Made of high-quality tourmaline ceramic
- Ensures endless styling possibilities
- Guarantees long and fast curls within minutes
- Built-in smart chip auto shuts off the tool after 60 minutes to avoid overheating
- May take time to heat up
For those who fancy long-lasting curls on the go, this sleek, titanium, and rectangular curling wand will be your ideal companion! Heating up in 30 seconds and giving you long-lasting curls for up to 3 days, this Chopstick Styler Hero Curling Wand Iron is an absolute must-try. And besides curling, it locks in the natural moisture and will keep your curls fresh and defined irrespective of your hair type and lifestyle. Yep, do not skip it, travelers, and workaholics!
- Adjustable barrel temperature from 120°C to 210°C
- Delivers tight and confident curls
- Shuts off automatically after 60 minutes
- Includes a heat-resistant glove for added safety
- Rotates 360 degrees to ensure high definition curls
- Ideal to use on freshly-washed hair, wigs, and extensions
- It has a digital temperature control system.
- Curling may take time
- The heat may be too powerful for thin or fine hair.
Not just natural-looking curls, this one claims to add volume and shine too! Made of tourmaline ceramic, a technology that is specifically known to lock in the natural moisture, your curls will never feel lifeless and worn out ever. Also, it has a unique mold that keeps the strand in place and delivers a salon-like defined and natural finish with every use. So, if you are looking for frizz-free, tangle-free, and long-lasting results, then Bed Head would be a great addition!
- Heats up to 400° F (dual voltage)
- Guarantees springy and tight curls
- Clam-free, crease-free, and travel-friendly
- Includes a protective glove for added safety
- Curling thick or long strands may take longer
Curls look attractive, and you can easily obtain them with the GSK Bubble Wand Curling Iron. This ultimate styling tool helps get bouncy curls, tight curls, and big curls. The device comes with PTC heating technology and Tourmaline ceramic coating, allowing quick heating and sealing the moisture and shine of your hair. The adjustable multiple heat settings of 260℉ to 420℉ offer precise styling. The kit also includes gloves preventing scalding.
- Hanging loop
- Swivel cord
- Auto-off feature
- Resting stand
Remington PRO 1″ Multi-styler with Twist & Rizle technology comes with unique twisted braided plates of 1 inch. These twisted plates help in styling the hair with ease. The heat control sensor protects hair from damage and discoloration by automatic adjustment. The curling iron has ceramic-titanium plates that offer fast and even heat. It comes with 5 heat settings ranging from 300 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- User-friendly LCD display
- Instant 30 seconds heat
- Rotating cable
- 60 minutes automatic shutdown
- Some users faced issues while curling.
With this professional curling wand, you can self-style like an expert at home! Designed with an extra-long barrel and a thin to thick structure, it claims to make perfect curls and natural beachy waves without causing any damage. Giving your hair a salon-worthy and expert-level finish with pulse technology that guarantees even heat distribution, upgrade your styling kit with this advanced tool today!
- A reputed brand for 25 years
- Adjustable heat up to 455° F
- Heats up quick and has 4 heat settings
- User-friendly dial and control system
- Suitable for all hair textures and types
- Lightweight, compact, and travel-friendly
- May not be ideal for beginners
BlueTop Professional Curling Iron comes with a dual voltage range between 100 to 240 Volts. The ceramic tourmaline plate offers uniform heating. It is designed with a PTC heater which provides fast heating and helps to curl your hair within a short period of time. An extended diameter handle offers safer curling and prevents burning your hands or hair. The 360 degrees rotating power cord enables easy styling of hair.
- Lengthy cord
- Even heating
- Some users faced burning issues.
Lastly, this styling set that’ll awaken the beauty maven in you! Explore your talent for styling and flaunt a new hairstyle every day with this wand set that includes 3 different barrels for you. Go on, add a bounce to your tresses during the day, or create some stunning waves for the night, your hair will never look lifeless again. And with the titanium and nano ionic-ceramic technology adding shine and smoothness instantly, get ready to be showered with compliments wherever you go!
- Heats up in 30 seconds
- Shuts off automatically after 60 minutes
- Adjustable temperature and dual voltage
- User-friendly design with a convenient LED display
- Suitable to use at home, salon and in hair studios
- A set of protective gloves is included for safety.
- The barrel tip remains cool during styling and heating.
- May not be ideal or easy-to-use for beginners
There you go! Those were the 9 best spiral curling irons that you must check out if you are craving beautiful curls this season. Do you need more assistance with buying the right spiral curling iron for your hair? Read our buying guide below!
Buying Guide – How to Choose The Best Curling Iron?
Look out for the following features before buying:
- Hair Type: Pick a spiral curling iron that is suitable for your hair type. For example— if you have thick volume, then a curling wand with medium or low temperature may not give you the desired results, and similarly, a curling iron with a short barrel may not be ideal for loose spiral curls or a wavy look. So, pick your curling iron accordingly.
- Technology: Ceramic, Titanium, or Tourmaline— these are some of the most common technologies that add shine, smoothness, volume, and protection while styling your curls. However, these technologies are suitable for a particular hair type only. So, inspect the technology and whether it is ideal for your hair before buying.
- Barrel Size: Barrel sizes and shapes matter too! Ideally, for ultra-defined curls, one should opt for a short barrel. However, if you have long hair, then a long barrel will be a great choice. And as far as the shapes are concerned, barrels are available in tapered and spiral designs to create perfect curls and wavy looks. So, as per your styling needs, pick the right one!
- User-Friendly: Whether you are a beginner or an expert, having a user-friendly design helps to make the styling quick and easy, especially on the go.
- Temperature: Inspect the temperature settings and whether they are suitable for your hair type before choosing a curling iron. Ideally, those with fine or thin hair should opt for medium heating, whereas thick hair users would require high temperature to get the desired look.
- Safety: Curling irons can get extremely hot and can be hazardous for your hair, hand, and skin too. So, pick a brand that offers maximum safety measures so you can enjoy your styling session care-free.
How to Use A Spiral Curling Iron?
It’s easy, and though there are several ways to use it, here are some simple steps for you:
- Firstly, make sure your hair is washed and dried. You can then apply a heat protection serum to minimize the damage.
- Next, comb and divide your hair into sections. Also, if you want more defined curls, then divide them into narrower sections.
- Now, place the strand you want to curl on the barrel starting from the hair end and moving upwards.
- Let it stay for about 8-10 seconds, depending on the thickness of the strands, and then release.
- Continue the same process for all the sections and finish up with hair spray or mousse to extend the longevity of the curls.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Spiral Curling Irons?
- They create perfectly defined and natural-looking curls with even heat distribution and styling.
- The curls last longer irrespective of the lifestyle or weather conditions.
- They have smaller clamps, which increase the comfort level and usability too.
- Since they are designed to create defined circles, it may reduce the length of your hair. So, if you have short hair or neck length, you must avoid a spiral curling iron.
- Using a spiral curling iron frequently may affect the health of the hair as you are exposing it to a high temperature while styling.
Just because you are not born with curly hair does not mean you cannot create that hairstyle. The best spiral curling iron wands will help you achieve well-defined curls for a gorgeous look. These devices are specially designed to create tighter and long-lasting curls. The products mentioned on our list have even heat distribution qualities and have auto-shut-off options to ensure safety. They are ergonomically designed for user convenience, and some of them are travel-friendly. However, avoid curling irons that take too much time to create the hairstyles.
Why Trust Stylecraze
Sneha Manandhar is a hair care and styling buff who loves reviewing various products for her readers. In this article, she has listed and reviewed the best spiral curling irons and wands after scouring countless websites and picking products with the highest user ratings across multiple forums. The shortlisted products ensure even heat distribution to give you the most flattering defined curls.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Spiral Curling Irons Good For Hair?
It depends on how often you use it. These tools use heat to create hairstyles, so using them frequently or daily can result in hair damage or breakage. Hence, use them occasionally and also, always apply a heat protection serum before curling to minimize the damage.
Do Curling Irons Ruin Your Hair?
Yes, they can be harmful to hair if used frequently and without a heat protection serum. Curling irons use a high temperature to style hair, which can damage the tresses in the long run.
How Long Do Spiral Curls Last?
It may vary depending on the hair type and temperature used to create the curls. Some may last all day long and some for a few days. For example, Chopstick Styler Hero Curling Wand Iron claims to make your curls last for up to 3 days!
- Best Curling Irons And Wands With Interchangeable Barrels
- Best Automatic Hair Curlers
- Best Curling Irons For Curly Hair
- A Guide To Finding The Perfect Curling Iron Size