While we are all for dramatic lashes with extra curl and maximum volume, we have realized that the no-makeup makeup look and less is more makeup trend is here to stay! When you are on the search for the best mascaras, it’s hard to find one that will go with your natural-looking makeup. There are different types of mascaras but, most of them aim at giving you the most dramatic-looking lashes with crescent wands and spiky bristles. And while those are great for fancier events and functions, you want a mascara that you can wear, well, every day. Something that makes your lashes look just like lashes, but better.
So, to help you find the perfect mascara, we have rounded up our list of the 15 best natural-looking mascara for lashes.
Top 15 Best Natural-Looking Mascara For Amazing Eyelashes
This waterproof mascara creates thicker fanned lashes with just one coat of its clump-free formula. The smooth and creamy formula instantly boosts your lashes with length and volume and ensures that it stays that way all day long. The sweatproof mascara is also easy to remove with some warm water or makeup remover. The hypoallergenic formula also makes it safe for contact lens wearers and those with sensitive eyes.
- Suitable for everyday wear
- Easy to apply and remove
- Gentle formula
- No flaking or clumping
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Applying too many coats may cause your lashes to look like spider legs.
Sweep on this formula from Benefit Cosmetics for voluminous, healthier-looking lashes. The travel size mascara comes in a cute packaging with a Hook ‘n’ Roll brush. You can think of it as a roller for your eyelashes that helps to separate and lift your wispy lashes. Formulated with serin and provitamin B5, the formula conditions your lashes and gives a satin finish. The mascara offers visible lift and long-lasting curl up to 12 hours so there’s no need for repeated touch-ups.
- Contains serin and provitamin B5
- Water-resistant mascara
- Long-lasting wear
- Travel size
- Travel size packaging means it comes with comparatively less product.
This natural mascara from Tarte is your ideal companion for lashed definition. The smart mascara is the perfect pick if you want natural-looking lashes with understated drama. Ideal for daily use, it works to promote healthier eyelashes by strengthening dry and brittle ones to prevent lash loss. It is truly a smart mascara in every sense as it addresses and treats the lash concerns while giving you lengthy and voluminous lashes. Formulated using skin invigorating ingredients such as vitamin C, Amazonian clay, provitamin B5, carnauba wax, and rice bran wax, this product is truly a gem for anyone looking for some added benefits in their everyday mascara.
- Contains great ingredients
- Nourishes, repairs, and replenishes lashes
- Suitable for everyday wear
- May not be suitable for sensitive eyes
For all you lazy gals, this product from Glossier requires very little maintenance. Expect some added length and volume that enhances your natural lashes without clumping. Designed with teeny-tiny fibers, this mascara lifts and locks each lash in its place. The formula is also water-resistant but not waterproof which means some warm water will do the trick when you need to hit the bed at the end of a busy day. The non-irritating formula is suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
- May not be the best pick if you want a dramatic look with extra volume
A lash primer and eyeliner that also works as a mascara, we now understand why this product is raved by beauty bloggers everywhere. This peptide infused mascara is designed by plastic surgeons to coat your lashes right from the roots to the tip for instant lash lengthening effect. Infused with hydrolyzed collagen, jojoba, biotin, chamomile, amino acids, proteins, and antioxidants, it offers ultra-conditioning by nourishing your lashes for better results. Unlike your normal mascaras, the groundbreaking skinny wand coats even the first ⅓ third of the lashes to give the look of a fuller lash line.
- 3-1 formula
- Infused with lash loving peptides
- Unique design
- Suitable for everyday use
- Dries quickly
This natural-looking mascara is perfect for daily use whether you are heading off to work or Sunday brunch with your girls. The gentle hypoallergenic formula is suitable for the most sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Carefully designed using natural clays and waxes, it strengthens and nourishes the lashes for a smudge-free look. The highly pigmented formula also makes it possible to create varied looks ranging from subtle to the most dramatic eye makeup look. This is one among the best natural looking mascaras as it is easy to remove with soap and water or your favorite makeup remover.
- Buildable formula
- Flake-free finish
- Made using natural ingredients.
- Not as long-lasting compared to other products
Next on our list of the best natural-looking mascara is Covergirl’s Clump Crusher. Despite its claim of giving monster volume, this mascara works great to create natural-looking lashes. The fine bristles help build volume without clumping by beautifully separating each lash with a single stroke. The curved brush design ensures that the lashes are covered from root to tip to give the right volume and build.
- 20 times more volume
- Available in 5 shades
- Even distribution from root to tip
- Free of formaldehyde, talc, mineral oil, phthalates, parabens, or sulfates.
- Need to put it in a gentle and delicate manner to avoid clumping
This mascara is designed with an exclusive lash-catching mini brush to get perfectly defined and separated lashes from root to tip. The unique design of the brush ensures there are no clumps or globs. A few upward strokes give you lengthened and curved lashes to define the best feature of your face — your eyes. The mascara formula is also ophthalmologist-tested and contact lens-safe.
- Zero clumping
- Suitable for contact lens wearers
- Available in both waterproof and washable formulas
- Doesn’t give extra volume, but perfect for everyday wear
This vegan formula is perfect for a subtle natural look for everyday wear. Made with clay and flower cutins, the smooth all-natural mascara gives fuller longer lashes without clumping. The natural mascara is specially formulated for sensitive eyes and is easy to apply and remove without scrubbing. The mascara comes in a convenient mirror tube with a uniquely designed brush that coats and separates each lash. The gentle formula is also free of parabens, fragrance, and gluten. It is the most natural looking mascara.
- All-day wear
- Available in black and brown
- Contains palmitic acid from palm oil
The No Mascara Mascara has spawned into a fan favorite, making into our list of the best natural-looking mascara. Scientifically formulated using biotin and neuropeptides, the 2-in-1 lash treatment and mascara conditions and strengthens the lashes. Suitable for everyday wear, it gives longer and fuller lashes. If that’s not enough, the mascara features a deep color that is universally suited for all skin tones.
- Unique wand for lash definition
- Anti-aging eyelash treatment
- Suitable for daily use
- Strengthening and nourishing formula
- Flimsy wand
Just like the name suggests, Clinique’s Naturally Glossy Mascara does exactly what it says. The natural mascara comes in a sleek silver tube sized bottle with a long applicator brush. The gel-based formula naturally lengthens eyelashes with a glossy finish. It is available in 2 shades — Jet Black and Jet Brown.
- Perfect for a no-makeup makeup look
- Sleek packaging
- Naturally glossy appearance
- Not suitable for a dramatic look
Finding the best natural mascara can be quite a struggle when you are spoiled with choices. However, this product from Wander Beauty is sure to be a hit with its long-lasting formula and natural ingredients. Expect fuller-looking lashes with its unique fine-toothed comb that separates and coats lashes from root to tip. The dome tip wand with staggered bristles can be angled in different ways to create a range of looks from subtle to the most dramatic. The natural mascara is infused with a blend of lash-loving ingredients such as peach leaf and licorice root extract, trehalose, plus vitamins A, C, and E that helps condition and strengthen lashes while preventing fallouts.
- Free of synthetic fragrances
- Offers multiple benefits to lashes
- Formulated without phthalates, parabens, mineral oil, and gluten.
- The packaging may not be convenient for all
Neutrogena’s mascara is your ultimate companion to create natural voluminous lashes. The olive oil-infused formula plumps and conditions your lashes from the inside out. But most importantly it won’t smudge, flake, or clump giving you naturally defined lashes in just one sweep. The mascara is available in 4 different colors and waterproof and non-waterproof formulas to choose from.
- Rich volume-building color
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and is contact lens-safe
- Dermatologist and ophthalmologist-tested
- Easy to remove
- Dries up quickly
Made with natural ingredients, the Paper Pusher Mascara features a super light formula with a paper composition that is suitable for everyday use. The unique formula dramatically lengthens lashes while keeping it natural. The light mascara features carbon black and black food complexes to create healthy-looking lashes with long-lasting wear. It also comes with a unique applicator brush designed with microfibers. The unique mascara mirrors the look of false lashes and is easy to wash off.
- Suitable for sensitive eyes
- Infused with silk proteins
- Unique clearness
- It contains soothing ingredients such as chamomile, calendula, Centella Asiatica, and chaste tree.
- Not waterproof
The one thing that caught our attention with this bareMinerals mascara is the slim wand and tiny bristles it comes with. The unique design of the wand helps catch every lash and coat it from root to tip including the hard to reach the bottom and corner lashes. Formulated using fortifying ingredients, it helps nourish and condition lashes. The jet black formula is ideal to create fluffy lashes by fanning out each one to give you the desired look.
- Unique wand design
- Nourishing formula
- Easy to apply
- Coats each individual lash
- Multiple coats needed if you want to go for a slightly dramatic look.
Below, take a look at our detailed buying guide for most natural-looking mascaras.
Buying Guide For Natural-Looking Mascara
How Do I Choose The Right Mascara?
Choosing the right mascara depends on various factors. Let’s take a look at them:
- The shape of the brush: The design of the brush plays a major role in how your lashes look after applying the mascara. Brushes come in different shapes and sizes. For natural-looking lashes, opt for one that gives the right volume and length without clumping.
- Formula: Unlike before, you now get innovative formulas that are enriched with natural ingredients. Not only are they safe for sensitive eyes, but some formulas also help strengthen and nourish your lashes by reducing fallouts. Then there are those formulas that are specially designed for long-lasting wear or feature a clear texture that is more suitable for no-makeup makeup looks.
How To Apply Natural-Looking Mascara?
Below are the steps you need to follow when applying a natural-looking mascara:
- Curl your eyelashes using an eyelash curler of your choice. Start by keeping the curler at the base of your upper lashes. Close and hold it in place for a few seconds.
- Next, get the appropriate amount of product on the wand and coat your lashes from root to tip in a wriggling motion.
- If you wish for more volume or length, repeat the above step until you get the desired degree of length and volume.
- Once the mascara has completely dried, you can opt for curling your lashes again with a lash curler for better-looking lashes.
How Can I Make My Mascara Look Natural?
First and foremost, choose a mascara that doesn’t clump or flake. For a more natural look, make sure you apply no more than 3 coats of mascara on your lashes. The most common mistake that most people make is using an old or expired product that has more chances of drying up and flaking giving you a look that far from natural lashes. Also, make sure to avoid using a primer if you want natural-looking lashes.
So there you have it, our rundown of the best natural-looking mascara for lashes. These mascaras are perfect for everyday wear giving your lashes the right lift and volume to enhance your eyes. Most of these formulas are easy to apply and remove, which makes it perfect for everyday makeup looks. Did you find our list of products helpful? Which natural-looking mascara did you like the most? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the healthiest mascara for your eyelashes?
Many mascaras are formulated using natural ingredients that strengthen and nourish lashes such as Benefit Cosmetics roller lash mascara, Tarte Cosmetics smart mascara, and IT Cosmetics tightline mascara.
What is the safest mascara to use?
If you have got sensitive eyes, then it would be best to go for a hypoallergenic and fragrance-free formula. Many mascaras are specially formulated without any non-irritant ingredients which makes them safe for sensitive eyes.
Why does my mascara always look clumpy?
Mascara can clump for a few reasons. The first reason being taking too much product on the wand. Another reason for clumps could be applying multiple coats of mascara too quickly.
Is clear mascara better for your lashes?
Clear mascara is the ideal choice if you want more natural-looking lashes with zero drama. They look just like your lashes, but only better.
- Best Mascaras Available In India – Our Top 10
- 15 Best Lengthening Mascaras For Long, Fluttery Lashes
- 10 Best Non-Clumping Mascaras
- 11 Best Conditioning Mascaras That Make Your Eyelashes Grow
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara Review