With the winter approaching in a couple of months, every woman’s worry is chapped lips! That’s why lip balms are the biggest savior. Lip balm is an essential part of a woman’s daily life as it provides an added layer of moisture and protection to lips. Lips are delicate and vulnerable to external impurities penetrating due to the thin layer of skin. Hence, lips are highly prone to dehydration and dryness.
Now the question is, why vitamin E lip balm? Vitamin E is a vital nutrient for our body and is mainly acknowledged for its antioxidant properties. It promotes cell growth and regeneration and also prevents damage and rejuvenates the skin. Lips do not contain melanin, which further exposes it to ultraviolet rays and free radicals that harm cellular processes. Just a single coat of vitamin E lip balm is enough to activate antioxidants like alpha-tocopherol that promotes cell repair and fights against pollutants and radiation. Vitamin E lip balms are a bigtime boon! Check out our list of the 13 best vitamin E lip balms right away.
What Does Vitamin E Do In A Lip Balm
Vitamin E lip balm has a thick consistency that provides intense hydration and conditions your skin. The antioxidant properties help in softening the dry exterior of chapped lips and locks in moisture. Lips are exposed to unstable molecules in the environment that can cause cell damage. Vitamin E has already been proven to have anti-aging qualities. It soothes and hydrates your lips, preventing dead skin cells from growing. Apart from that, vitamin E lip balm boosts circulation and lightens dark and pigmented lips.
13 Best Vitamin E Lip Balms Of 2020 For Supple Lips
No products found.
Believing in the principle “bees are magical,” this Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm with vitamin E and peppermint is 100% naturally sourced from Tanzania. It is enriched with nourishing ingredients like beeswax, rosemary leaf extract, coconut oil, sunflower oil, vitamin E, and peppermint oil. This Burt’s Bees lip balm conditions your lips, heals chapped-ness through deep moisturization, and leaves your lips with a refreshing minty sensation. In addition to that, it also has anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties.
- Offers nourishment
- No preservatives
- Has skin-conditioning properties
- Pleasant fragrance
- Responsibly and sustainably sourced ingredients
- Might not go on smoothly
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick comprises two core ingredients that can heal and repair your dry and chapped lips fast. One is cocoa butter, which is a natural rehydrating agent that can moisturize your lips and make it soft and supple. The second crucial element, Vitamin E, has antioxidant properties that can protect your skin from pollutants and free radicals in the body. It will also shield your lips from ultraviolet rays. This product also contains other ingredients that are rich in essential fatty acids and nutrients needed for quality skincare.
- Glossy finish
- Moisturizes lips
- Delicious fragrance
- Convenient packaging
- Easily absorbed by the skin
- Might have a thick consistency
Biotique is an Ayurvedic beauty and skincare brand that incorporates nature with science to create sustainable, therapeutic products. One such product is Biotique Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm. It is made from exotic and organic ingredients such as angur, vach, mulethi, badam, surajmukhi, and many more. Formulated based on a recipe that is centuries old, this lip balm is rich in vitamin E and other necessary vitamins and minerals. It helps brighten your lips, even out the tone, and reduce pigmentation.
- 100% organic
- Has ayurvedic therapeutic properties
- Has essential vitamins and minerals
- Might leave a sticky residue
RagaNaturals is popularly known for its handcrafted and all-natural products. This highly recommended skincare brand uses only 100% natural ingredients and no preservatives. This lip balm is formulated with nutritious ingredients like beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, almond oil, jojoba oil, peppermint essential oil, and vitamin E. The ingredients are medicinal, healthy, and rich! This formula provides moisturization, softens your lips, and offers a mild sensation of minty freshness!
- 100% natural
- Healthy formulation
- Refreshing formula
- No sweetening agent added
- The smell might be too strong for some.
Want herbal, berry goodness on your lips? Well, we have the perfect product for you! This Lotus Herbals Strawberry Lip Balm provides intense hydration and maximum moisturization as it is infused with almond oil, jojoba oil, honey, wheat germ oil, and vitamin E. Suitable for use in all seasons, this lip balm has a luscious finish that leaves your lips glossy and shiny. Slightly tinted, it doesn’t overpower the natural pigmentation of your lips. Welcome supple lips with just a swipe!
- Moisturizes lips
- Plump finish
- Berry fragrance
- Infused with herbal oils
- Ayurvedic properties
- May need to be reapplied every couple of hours
Have you ever wondered how it would be to have a lip balm that changes color? Well, we know it sounds like quite a fantasy, but it is true! We present to you this unique Winky Lux Glimmer pH Balm in Unicorn! It has an inventive, clear formulation that glides on smoothly and reacts with your skin’s pH level to create a pink color unique to you! Plus, the vitamin E in the formula provides all-day moisturization with intensive hydration, lending you soft lips.
- Immediate results
- Gives a glossy sheen
- Vegan formula
- Paraben, sulfate, and phthalate-free
- Might taste odd
Oh yes, sweetened lip balms do provide tenderness as well finesse! This Kiss Me Honey Organic Lip Balm is a wholesome formulation and does not contain any synthetic or harmful chemical ingredients. The vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutrients in the lip balm offer anti-aging benefits and deliver a soothing sensation to your lips. This product is made from nutritious ingredients that are unrefined and organic, including vitamin E that solely combats impurities and has anti-UV and anti-inflammation properties. Most importantly, this luscious lip balm has been certified safe for all, which means even your pets can use it!
- 100% organic
- Natural formulation
- PETA and USDA certified
- Safe for all
- Multifunctional usage
- Might be a bit gritty
Can lip balms be created by dentists? In Effervess Rx Natural Vitamin E Lip Moisturizer’s case, yes, it can! It is formulated to treat and moisturize dry, cracked lips, and has the advantage of being multipurpose. Hence, it can be applied to nail cuticles to soften them and on wrinkles and fine lines as it features anti-aging properties. The two most crucial ingredients in this formulation are vitamin E and Sambucus Nigra fruit. This lip balm restores hydrating agents and oil balance in the skin while also moisturizing and providing a soothing sensation to your lips.
- No chemical preservatives
- Has healing qualities
- Has anti-aging properties
- Metal rollerball application
- Might have an oily flavor
Reviva Labs Vitamin E Lip Protection Stick might be an underrated product but is sure quite effective. The brand itself says that the product is good enough to shield your supple lips against all the pollutants and environmental impurities. Applicable for all seasons, this formulation soothes your skin and protects it primarily. It contains some oils such as canola oil, olive oil, and soybean oil; these soften your skin and are known for their extraordinary healing properties. This lip balm is also said to be emollient and therapeutic.
- Multifunctional usage
- Natural formulation
- All-season usage
- Therapeutic qualities
- Does not melt
- The smell might be off-putting.
Unlike almost most lip balms, this stick stays beautifully hardened until it glides lusciously on your lips, melting the formula evenly! This Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Care Stick With SPF 15 is an innovative, concentrated formula that leaves your skin smooth and supple. It contains a marriage of active and inactive ingredients in its making. It includes castor seed oil, hydrogenated coconut oil, olive fruit oil, beeswax, candelilla oil, vanilla extract, and vitamin E. This lip balm has no tint or strong flavor and comes in a light pink packaging.
- Melt-on formula
- Community Fair Trade ingredients
- Maximum hydration
- Natural ingredients
- Suitable for all skin types
- Might feel slightly waxy
This Tomato Jelly Tint Lip is a versatile product that has a jelly-like consistency and offers a rosy, pinkish-red tint on your lips. It is comfortable to wear as it is not too heavy and stays luminous. It provides moisture and freshness that keeps your lips soft and stays put for long hours. Apart from tomato extracts, it contains vitamin E and botanical oils such as jojoba oil and macadamia nut oil that nourish your lips.
- Lush tinted lip balm
- Moisturizing formula
- Stays put throughout a dry meal
- The color might be too bright for some.
This Maybelline New York Baby Lips Lip Balm features an exclusive skin-renewing formula that provides 8 hours of moisturization! This lip balm in Coral Crush is a limited edition sheer orange shade that has a citrusy fragrance and glides on effortlessly to lend a glossy look. The tint can be quite translucent and falls on the milder coral hue side, which means it may not work wonders on highly pigmented lips. It is comfortable and hydrating without being too heavy on the lips, but yes, it does have a balmy texture. Plus, it protects your lips from harmful ultraviolet rays as it has SPF 20.
- Appealing shade
- Long hours of moisturization
- Contains SPF 20
- Might not be pigmented enough
This Banana Boat Sunscreen Lip Balm prevents sunburn as it features UVB and UVA protection properties. It soothes and softens dry, chapped skin thanks to its water-resistant formulation that works its magic for up to 80 minutes and moisturizes every nook and cranny of our lips. Vitamin E and aloe vera are two crucial ingredients in this lip balm that heal burns and skin damage.
- UVA and UVB formula
- Conditions skin
- Offers moisturization
- Hydrating protection
- Convenient tube
- Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
- Might not be ideal for sensitive skin
Now that you have gone through the list of products, let’s take a look at a few points you need to consider before buying a vitamin E lip balm.
How To Choose The Right Vitamin E Lip Balm
- Formulation: Lip balms are available in a variety of formulas, ranging from beeswax to cruelty-free ingredients. While some lip balms contain preservatives like parabens and petrolatum, others are formulated out of Ayurvedic procedures. For people who prefer fruity lip balms can choose Biotique Bio Whitening Lip Balm.
- Flavor: Lip balms and flavors go hand in hand! Flavors are incorporated in lip balms to sweeten them or to add a distinctive scent to the formulation. Berry flavor is a crowd-pleaser!
- Allergy test: Any part of your body should not be allergic to anything you apply to it. As much as vitamin E is suitable for most skin types, make sure you are not irritable by it at all. If it irritates your skin, do not apply it again without the consultation of a doctor.
- Tint: Lip balm tints are created by adding flavor bombs in them. Lip balms are mostly chosen based on their tint because they are a healthier substitute for lipsticks and lip colors. Dark shades from cocoa butter-enriched lip balms do fall on the popular choice list!
- Portability: A vitamin E lip balm is a must while traveling because your skin is prone to drying out, and hence, it is always good to carry along a stick/tube of vitamin E lip balm. Well, lip balms have always been easy to carry as they come in convenient sizes!
Benefits Of Vitamin E Lip Balms
- It prevents cell damage caused due to free radicals, chemicals, and pollutants.
- It locks the moisture in, helps nutrients penetrate the skin, and rehydrates the lips during harsh weather conditions.
- It works as a substitute for melanin since melanin is absent in the lips.
- It boosts circulation and doubles as a skin-conditioning agent that combats anti-aging effects and builds a protective layer around the skin.
- The thick, concentrated consistency neutralizes the impact of unstable molecules and provides maximum restoration of collagen.
Conclusively, we understand the best vitamin E lip balm is essential for our day to day lives. Our lips are covered by a thin layer of skin that is almost insubstantial. Vitamin E strengthens the skin on our lips and protects them from damage. A portable tube of this waxy and nutritious goodness should always be carried with you to keep your lips supple and moisturized.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Does vitamin E soothe your lips?
Yes, it does. Vitamin E can soothe your lips because it entraps hydration particles, helping keep lips soft and healthy.
Is vitamin E lip balm good for lips?
Vitamin E lip balm works wonders for lips! It shields the lips from harmful UV rays and free radicals by activating antioxidant properties.
Does vitamin E make your lips pink?
Regular usage of the balm lightens the lips, and its serum-like properties heal dull lips and make them supple.
What ingredients are harmful in a lip balm?
Many lip balms provide a cooling sensation because of menthol, camphor, or phenol, but these ingredients should be avoided at all costs. These ingredients can leave skin unprotected and develop irritation.
Latest posts by Mayuri J Ravi (see all)
- Walk Confidently With The 11 Best Bras For Low-Cut Dresses In 2021 - April 26, 2021
- 11 Best Sunscreens For Scalp And Hair You Should Try - April 8, 2021
- 13 Best Vanilla Perfumes And Fragrance Mists That You Should Try In 2021 - April 8, 2021
- 15 Best Aloe Vera Lotions To Help Soothe Dry And Irritated Skin - March 24, 2021
- 9 Best Lip Brushes For Perfect Makeup - March 14, 2021