Keeping your feet warm in chilly winters is challenging, and this is especially true if you struggle with Raynaud’s syndrome or plantar fasciitis. But with the best heated insoles, you might just be able to get your feet warm. You can also use these heated insoles if you suffer from hypoglycemia or frostbite. In such cases, the heated insoles are no less than life-saving miracles.
The kind of warmth you get from heated socks is way more intense than just layering on a few pairs of socks. The heated socks are ideal if you are planning trips or camping during winter. They regularize blood circulation in your feet that can get imbalanced due to cold weather.
Heated insoles come with rechargeable batteries. All you need to do is slip them in your footwear and enjoy the warmth. The heated insoles are ideal for outdoor activities like walking, dog walks, and yard walks. They can be used indoors or outdoors. This article contains a comprehensive buyer’s guide and a list of the 11 best heated insoles. Scroll down and check them out!
Avoid Cold Feet With The 11 Best Heated Insoles In 2022
When temperatures drop, what better product to turn to than heated foot insoles? HotHands’ Insole Foot Warmers are peel-and-stick warmers with a super-thin adhesive backing that stays put in place without budging. If you feel a decrease in the heat level, expose the warmer to air and shake it a little, and you’ll be good to go! The air-activated heated boot insoles keep you warm for up to 9 hours and will carry you through any winter outdoor activity with ease.
- Long-lasting heat
- Shelf life of 3-4 years
- Made with non-toxic materials
- The size may be too small for some people
Thermup’s Electric Heated Insoles are perfect for adding warmth during the colder months of the year. They feature a far-infrared rubber heating element spread over a large heating space to provide deep heat distribution evenly. Powered by a lithium-ion battery, this rechargeable heated insole is ideal if you’ve got a skiing trip planned this winter or even if your feet seem to get super cold at bedtime. The LED display conveniently shows the battery percentage and heat level. With the gaiter available, you can also wrap it around your ankle if you happen to be on the move. And when you want to clean them, pop them in the washing machine as they are also waterproof!
- Keeps feet warm for up to 6 hours
- Easy to wash
- Wrappable battery-gaiter
- LED display shows heat level and battery percentage
- Some may find wearing the gaiter on the ankle a bit heavy and uncomfortable
Spenco’s thin heated insoles for boots and shoes feature a SpenCore cushion layer which absorbs shock and impact to ensure maximum comfort. Its thin orthotic shell gives you enough stability without the extra weight, and the firm adjustable arch support provides ease for low, flat, or fallen arches. The fabric has a 4-way stretch for ease of movement and is made with Silpure Antimicrobial, which protects your skin from blisters and controls odor. Available in different sizes for both women and men, we think Spenco’s heated shoe insoles are a must-have.
- Contain a cushion layer
- Provides stability
- 4-way stretch
- Provides protection against blisters
- Absorbs shock and impact
- May not be very long lasting
Warm fits’ battery-heated insole is made with soft elastic EVA foam, so your feet feel comfortable. It comes with a velcro strap bag that can be mounted onto your ankle for ease of movement. Lithium-ion powered batteries allow these battery-heated insoles to work for up to 5-6 hours, and the temperature can go up to 120°F without getting uncomfortable. Super easy to wash, these one-size-fits-all heated insoles for shoes can be used in your hunting boots or for a weekend out camping in the winter.
- Lasts up to 6 hours
- Comes with a velcro tape bag to hold charger cable
- 16-inch charger cable
- Heats up to 120°F
- Easy to wash
- Can be cut to customize size
- Some may find the velcro tape bag uncomfortable to carry around
If your feet are tired, chronically cold, or if you happen to suffer from fibromyalgia, Raynaud syndrome, or plantar fasciitis, Snook-ease’s heated insoles are here for the rescue! Just microwave the Heated Inserts for 60 seconds, and they’ll keep you warm for half an hour. The super lightweight and reusable heated insoles feature a unique mineral technology that heats up quickly to give your sore and inflamed feet some sweet relief after a long day. As the heated insole can be trimmed to any size, it makes for a great gift for your parents or anyone that happens to live in cold areas.
- Improve blood circulation
- Might not be ideal for people looking for long-lasting heat
ThermaCELL’s cutting-edge technology features remote-controlled wireless heated insoles that warm your feet up to customizable temperatures. Between temperatures of 100°F to 111°F, you can also set the ThermaCELL® Heated Insoles to the No Heat function if they get too hot for your liking. To allow your feet to breathe, these insoles are made of polyurethane foam, which also absorbs shock and retains shape. These heated insoles with remote come with 2 rechargeable lithium-ion polymer batteries and all other essentials you need for their optimum functioning.
- Wireless and remote-controlled
- Can be easily switched on or off
- Even heat distribution
- Retains shape
- Might have short battery life
The Dr.Warm Heated Insoles have a convenient remote control that you can use without even taking your shoes off! Not only do they keep your feet warm, but the highly efficient carbon fibers allow for optimum blood flow. The USB-charging remote helps you adjust the temperature between 100°F to 150°F according to the weather and your comfort. As you can trim the remote control-heated insoles to fit your foot, they can also fit into any type of shoe, whether running or skiing.
- Allows for blood circulation
- Adjustable temperature
- Remote-controlled and wireless
- Adjustable size
- Built-in rechargeable batteries
- Works for up to 5 hours
- Some may find them to be firm
Featuring a carbon fiber heating material, Winna’s best rechargeable heated insoles warm up in a whopping 5 seconds! The velvet upper layer provides your foot maximum comfort and the 3rd generation chip keeps the heat going for a long time. The built-in temperature sensor and control chip work to stop the heating once it reaches the safe temperature level. The insole has anywhere between a 4-8 hour battery life as it can be charged 500 times. The wireless remote control allows you to adjust the temperature between 104°F to 149°F according to your preference.
- Adjustable size and temperature
- Remote-controlled and wireless
- High battery capacity
- Built-in temperature sensor for safety
- Heats up in 5 seconds
- Some may find that the insole doesn’t provide enough cushioning
Sweet Mall’s Rechargeable Heated Insoles are made of EVA foam and are soft and thick enough to reduce foot fatigue from over extension or cold weather. The rechargeable lithium batteries can be attached to your ankle with velcro tape and charged even with your power bank. Sweet Mall’s rechargeable heated insoles fit into all kinds of shoes as you can cut them to adjust to your foot size. Having warm feet doesn’t have to be a chore anymore! If you’ve been looking for heated insoles for hunting or other extreme sports, give this one a try as it heats up to 120°F.
- Can be charged with a power bank
- Soft and thick cushion
- Reduces foot fatigues
- Improves blood circulation
- Fits into any shoe
- Can be washed with a brush
- May not provide long-lasting heat
Made with 100% natural ingredients, these disposable heated insoles won’t harm the environment. A high-quality adhesive ensures suitable viscosity so that the insole doesn’t budge, and it won’t stain your clothes either. With vent holes that allow for airflow, the non-woven fabric heats up evenly and distributes heat to keep your feet hot. Now, you don’t have to fret about performing your favorite outdoor activities in the winter, as these heated insoles for skiing, camping, or hunting will keep you safe and comfortable for up to 12 hours.
- Don’t require charging
- Breathable fabric
- Environmentally-friendly material
- Thin shape fits into all kinds of shoes
- Some may find them to be of a small size
If you’ve been scouring the internet for heated insoles for cycling or jogging, especially in the chillier mornings, check out CHEROO’s Wireless Heated Insoles. They’re made of durable material that distributes heat evenly to your feet and toes to keep them warm throughout your time out in the snow. Powered by lithium polymer batteries, they have 10 hours of running time, making them perfect for traveling. Mount the batteries onto your ankle and choose from the 4 temperature levels, and you’re all set! These double-duty thermal heated insoles also help correct problems of poor blood circulation or muscle fatigue.
- Distributes heat evenly
- Last up to 10 hours
- Improve blood circulation
- Minimize muscle soreness
- 4 temperature setting levels
- Some may find them to be quite firm
Now that we’ve looked at some of the best heated insoles out there, let’s dive into how you can choose the right ones for your needs and preferences.
How To Choose The Right Heated Insoles
- Heat mechanism
Self-heating insoles are convenient as they depend on your body chemistry and exposure to air to heat up and give you warmth for a long period. You have to merely shake the insoles and expose them to atmospheric air and place them in your footwear. Some can also be microwaved for a few seconds and can last anywhere between 30 minutes to 8 hours depending on the brand you opt for. These kinds are disposable as once the insole has worn out you will have to discard it. You can find self-heating insoles in boxes as they come in multiple pairs and are a good option for when you’re on-the-go due to their weightless yet effective nature.
Battery-operated insoles can be charged and used with a power cord which can be attached to your ankles or calves with the help of a velcro tape bag. Lithium ion polymer rechargeable batteries are usually used in these types of insoles. These might be a little heavy and uncomfortable if you’re constantly moving about, and how long they last depends on the hours of battery life they can provide so look for a pair that has long-lasting batteries. With the base temperature settings, you can easily control how hot or mild you want the insoles to be. An alternative to this would be wireless rechargeable insoles which can be operated with a remote control. Once charged, you can simply slip them into your footwear and be set for the day. The only disadvantage with this model is that once the batteries die out, they can’t be replaced because they’re fitted inside the insoles.
- Support and comfort
You will find that not all heated insoles will offer support for flat feet or other foot issues like high or low arches. Depending on the condition you suffer from, look for insoles that come with features like soft cushioning or a heel-to-toe drop for maximum stability. Some other elements to look out for could be antimicrobial treatments that can help prevent blistered feet and help wound healing. If you find your feet getting too hot in footwear, choose moisture-repelling fabric or material to avoid smelly shoes.
If you’re opting for reusable heated inserts, you must choose a pair that is resistant to water and sweat so that you can easily clean them without a hassle. Some battery-operated insoles can be washed while some cannot.
Choose heated insoles depending on how long you will be exposed to the cold. Disposable and self-heated insoles are ideal for mild cold weathers as they have a set standard heating temperature they reach that cannot be adjusted. If you’re staying indoors most of the day or want to combat cold feet during the nighttime, these are a good option. For full-day skiing or camping trips, you can stay warm with rechargeable insoles which can be charged overnight to last you all day. And if you don’t like the bulk that comes with the velcro tape bag, wireless insoles are a good choice.
After you’ve got your favorite pair of heated insoles ready, let’s look at how you can use them for maximum comfort and warmth.
How To Use Heated Insoles
Non-rechargeable disposable ones:
- Shake the insoles out in the air and wait for a while.
- Put them into your footwear of choice.
- If you feel the heat levels dwindling, merely take them out, shake them again, and slip them back into your shoes.
- Microwaveable ones require you to pop them in the microwave for up to 30 seconds and you can immediately wear them.
Rechargeable wired heated insoles:
- Plug the power cord into the batteries to get the insoles up and running.
- Place the inserts into your footwear.
- Mount the velcro tape bag containing the batteries and power cord on to your ankles or calves. This is easier if you have thicker calves or layer your clothing.
- If you feel the heat getting too high, simply change it to the ‘No Heat’ setting or lower the temperature.
Rechargeable wireless insoles:
- Place the insoles into your footwear.
- Using the remote control, adjust the heat according to the temperature you feel comfortable with.
- If the heat gets unbearable, set it to the ‘No Heat’ option or lower the temperature.
Heated Insoles Versus Heated Socks: Which Is Better?
- Heated socks come with a built-in warming system that uses batteries to adjust temperatures. They provide warmth for the entire foot and are suitable for use even if your footwear wears tightly. They are an affordable option that can be worn anywhere at any time and usually fit anyone. However, they come with the issue of the socks bunching up or falling down with repeated use and this can be quite uncomfortable. The socks also can’t be machine-washed and need to be washed by hand which may not always be possible. Additionally, the temperature controls are placed on the sock itself so regulating them may be quite the hassle.
- Heated insoles, on the other hand, are placed at the base of footwear and distribute heat evenly to the foot and toes.They have multiple options like self-heating ones which are ideal for on-the-go and shorter durations and rechargeable ones that will stay hot for a longer time. You can find standard sizes and some can be cut-to-size to fit your foot or shoe. They don’t need to be washed as frequently as socks and some are even made with waterproof material. However, you might find that they’re on the expensive side compared to heated socks and might make footwear a little tight.
- Even if you happen to hate or love the winter months, they’re a reality every year. A non-negotiable for the lovers and haters of cold is staying warm and as people find their feet and hands getting cold easily, hand and foot warmers come to the rescue. You can easily enjoy your favorite winter sports and activities like hunting, camping, or skiing without the fear of frostbite or numb feet as heated insoles will keep you warm.
The best heater insoles are a blessing for those who live in colder regions or deal with issues like plantar fasciitis. These insoles keep your feet warm and cozy even on the coldest days of winter. The products mentioned in our list are made of non-toxic materials that are waterproof and easy to clean. They offer odor control and improve blood circulation. Most of these insoles ensure even heat distribution and work up to 5 hours. However, avoid insoles that are not adjustable and do not offer a cozy fit.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Shreya Vishwanathan, the scribe behind this article, is a fitness and health enthusiast who has made it her job to provide you with the best solutions to your health and fitness needs. After many hours of research and browsing through various product reviews, she compiled this list. She recommends using these best and effective heated insoles to keep your feet warm. These insoles have been selected because they have long shelf lives, provide long-lasting heating, and don’t budge once placed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are heated insoles worth it?
Heated insoles are helpful if you suffer from chronically cold feet, frostbite, hypothermia, Raynaud’s syndrome, or plantar fasciitis as these conditions can cause your feet to feel numb, sore, and inflamed. Additionally, heated insoles also allow blood circulation and muscle relaxation.
Are heated insoles safe?
Yes, heated insoles are generally safe. Even the rechargeable ones have batteries with low power and voltage so that even if they happened to malfunction, it wouldn’t be dangerous. Most of them are shock-absorbing and are waterproof as well.
How long do heated insoles last?
Good-quality heated insoles have a shelf life of about 2-5 years. With respect to running time, once heated, they can last anywhere between 30 minutes to 12 hours.
Can you wear heated insoles without socks?
Heated insoles should not be worn directly under bare feet, so using socks is a wiser option. This also allows you to keep extra warm and comfortable in colder weather.
- Best Insoles For Shin Splints And Orthopedic Support
- Best Insoles For Standing All Day That Cushion Your Feet
- Best Affordable Insoles For High Heels Trusted By Runway Models