What comes to your mind when you think of roses? A beautiful flower arrangement, or maybe the gift you got last Valentine’s day. But did you know the uses of roses lie far beyond just being a romantic gift or a floral centerpiece? Rosewater has been an ancient beauty ingredient used by royalty for years. It is believed that bathing in milk, honey, and rose water was one of Cleopatra’s most luxurious beauty rituals.
Rosewater has properties that soften skin, evens out skin tone, and cleans pores. That’s why we have put together a list of the 11 best rose water sprays and toners that are sure to pamper your inner queen.
Top 11 Organic Rose Water To Buy In 2021
Made with the finest Moroccan rose water, the Leven Rose Facial Toner is the perfect all-natural addition to your skincare routine. It cleanses and reduces acne-causing agents to give you soft and smooth skin. This toner contains coconut oil that seeps deep into your skin to hydrate it. This product can be used on your face, neck, legs, hands, and hair after a shower, to strengthen the roots. The rose water is packaged in a dark-colored bottle to make sure it is not exposed to UV rays.
- Fights acne-causing bacteria
- Can be used on face, hands, legs, neck, and hair
- Non- greasy formula
- Has an overpowering scent
Going natural for all your skincare needs is the way to go. Teddie Organic Rose Water Facial Toner Spray is a one-stop solution that fits the bill. It is composed of 100% organic ingredients that work on your pores to cleanse them and provides deep hydration. Its antiseptic properties reduce itchiness and calm rashes. But that’s not all! Its therapeutic, spa-like scent calms and relaxes your mind after a long day at work.
- Deep moisturization
- Antiseptic properties reduce rashes and irritation
- Aromatic scent
- Spray pump may break easily
The Simplified Skin Organic Bulgarian Rose Water is extracted from only the best and freshest Bulgarian roses. It is USDA certified as 100% organic with zero alcohol or additives and is the one thing that your beauty regime needs! With anti-inflammatory and deep moisturizing benefits of pure rose water, this toner works like magic on your skin. Its ‘rose hydrosol’ repairs and prevents hair damage from chemical dyes and heat treatments, making it a natural substitute for an after-shower hair serum.
- USDA certified 100% organic
- Can be used on hair and skin
- Prevents and repairs hair damage
- 100% vegan and animal cruelty-free
- Spray cap gets blocked easily
This Moroccan rose water is a miracle in a bottle! Free from parabens, mineral oils, petroleum, synthetic dyes, and other harsh chemicals, this product brings you pure organic skin nourishment. Made from Rosa Damascena flower petals, it soothes your skin, eliminates uneven skin tone, fights skin-aging, and moisturizes your skin. It contains vitamin C that helps strengthen hair follicles, and repairs split ends. This product is animal cruelty-free, and the brand stands for ethical trade practices.
- Parabens, mineral oils, petroleum, and synthetic dye-free
- Animal cruelty-free
- Can be used as a makeup remover
- This product has an overpowering scent
What if you could enjoy a relaxing spa session every evening in the comfort of your home? The Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist makes that possible! Made from the finest cold-pressed roses and coconut water, this product is infused with antioxidants that fight harmful bacteria on the skin while keeping it soft and hydrated. At the same time, its sweet scent instantly relaxes your mind while working on your skin. This face mist also contains hibiscus that exfoliates the skin and boosts the synthesis of skin cells.
- Aromatic scent
- Repairs and moisturizes skin
- Hibiscus exfoliates the skin
- Contains mucilage that helps retain moisture
- Slightly expensive
With over 200 years of experience in the beauty industry, you can be sure that your skin is in good hands with the Thayers Natural Remedies Rose Petal Facial Toner. This toner comes with an untinted watery texture that is both easy to apply and fast-absorbing. Its unique blend of rose petals, aloe, and witch hazel extract tackle all signs of skin damage. It is enriched with vitamin C, which strengthens skin cells and erases marks and scars.
- This product is untinted
- Tackles all signs of skin damage
- May cause breakouts in severely acne-prone skin
The Poppy Austin Rose Water Hydrating Toner is distilled from 100% Morrocan Rosewater and suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive skin. This hydrating toner maintains the natural pH levels and gets rid of excess oil that causes pimples and clogs pores. It is made by hand using pure mountain stream water and traditional processes of distillation, which in turn adds to its purity and quality. Mix this toner with your shampoo to strengthen hair and reduce hair fall.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Balances pH level
- Can be used on rosacea, eczema and psoriasis-prone skin
- As it does not come with a spray cap, application might be difficult
Every drop of the Sweet Essential Rose Water Organic Moroccan Toner is pure and pristine. What sets this product apart is that it is consumable. This toner can also be used externally as a beauty product on hair and skin. With just one dab on the skin, it unclogs your pores, smoothens texture, and stimulates blood circulation. As a leave-on hair serum infused with jojoba oil and rich in vitamins A, C, D, E, and B3, it shields your hair from sun exposure and harmful chemicals.
- Improves blood circulation
- Can be used as a serum for hair
- Non-GMO and animal cruelty-free
- Concentrated formula, must be diluted for best results
This ethically sourced, certified USDA product, brings to you one of the best witch hazel infused rose water toners available in the market right now! This toner offers a gentle cleansing experience that also moisturizes and softens your skin. Free from chemicals like sulfates, paraben, and gluten, this product is made from luxurious and exquisite witch hazel and rose petals extracts. It can be used as a spray over your make up or at night to cleanse your skin.
- USDA certified
- Can be used over makeup and to cleanse the skin
- The spray pump is fragile and must be used gently
From Mario Badescu, a brand curating superior-quality skincare products since 1967, comes this rejuvenation spray. Its unique texture uplifts your skin anywhere, anytime with just one pump. All this without ruining your makeup! It contains aloe vera extracts that moisturize your skin, rose extracts that fight bacteria, and thyme that reduces acne.
- Can be sprayed over makeup
- Comes in a compact spray bottle that is easy to carry
- Not suitable for people who are allergic to phenoxyethanol
No products found.
Sourced from the picturesque Balkan Mountain Range and Sredna Gora mountains in Bulgaria, this toner can be used on all skin types. Rosewater’s antiseptic properties make it excellent to calm sunburns and rashes. It has a soothing effect on the skin, making it suitable to use as an after-shave. Rosa Damascena extracts balance pH levels and protects your skin from dehydration. It can be used to prepare face packs and hair masks.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Can be used after shaving or waxing
- Can be used on hair and skin
- Has an unpleasant scent
Before finalizing on a rosewater spray, it is vital to have an all-round understanding of how it is sourced and how to choose the spray that works best for you.
Where Does Organic Rosewater Come From
The Rosa Damascena or the Damask Rose is the primary source from which rose water is made, while cabbage roses and wild roses can also be used to extract rose water. The best quality of the Damask rose is found in Bulgaria and Turkey, making it one of the largest exporters of rose water.
How Is Organic Rose Water Made
Making rose water is a long-drawn-out process, but it is crucial in determining the quality of the product. First, the rose petals are handpicked at dawn (to avoid drying in the hot sun), after which they are subjected to either the distillation or simmering method for extraction. In the simmering method, the rose petals are boiled in water until they release the oil; this water is then left to cool before it is ready to use. The distillation process is more time-consuming, as the petals are placed in a distiller where they are steamed to extract the oils and water.
Now that you know the source of rose water and how it is made, here are a few points that emphasize why adding rosewater to your daily skincare regime is an absolute must!
Benefits Of Using Organic Rose Water
- It has antiseptic properties that help reduce skin irritation and rashes.
- It helps even skin tone and reduces redness and scars.
- Antioxidants protect skin cells and help in cell repair.
- It is used in aromatherapy, as its fragrance is proven to calm the central nervous system.
- It reduces signs of aging and wrinkles.
- It shields hair from sun and chemical damage.
- It strengthens hair roots.
- It is a rich source of vitamins A, C, and E.
If you are wondering how to buy rose water or what to keep in mind while choosing a rose water toner, then these points are sure to be of help.
How To Choose High-Quality Organic Rose Water
- The process of extracting rose water plays a vital role in determining its quality. Distillation is the preferred method, as you get the most out of the petals through this method.
- Rosewater that is made from freshly handpicked petals is considered to produce a more potent extract.
- Rosewater that is sourced from Morocco, Egypt, and Bulgaria are the best as these countries are home to the finest Damask roses.
- Always go for an all-organic formulation that is free from sulfates, parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, mineral oils, and synthetic dyes.
The rose is truly a super flower! It possesses medicinal properties that repair and enhance skin and beautify hair. We are sure that you are convinced that rose water is the one thing that your makeup kit is missing. So take your pick from these 11 best rose water toners and make your skin glow!
If you would like to share your tips, suggestions, or questions, be sure to leave them in the comment section below.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Which is the best rose water for acne?
Rosewater toners that are all-natural and contain no added chemicals work well for acne, like the Poppy Austin Rose Water Hydrating Toner or any other toner listed above.
How do you know if rosewater is pure?
Read the label to find out its ingredients (if it is all-natural or contains chemicals,) knowing where it is sourced from, and its manufacturing process. This can give a clearer understanding of whether the product is organic or not. For more guidelines, refer to the ‘How To Choose High-Quality Organic Rose Water’ section above.