It’s no secret that every woman has, at least once in her lifetime, dreamed of long, silky, straight hair. It’s the epitome of feminine grace. It flatters anyone’s face structure, looks best with any outfit, and seems to be an entity on its own. When we flip through a fashion magazine, all we see are models flaunting their beautiful manes, and we can’t help but wonder what it would be like to have hair like that.
Those who are born with naturally straight hair will never know what lengths other women have to go to, to achieve silken tresses. We try many hair remedies, products, and hair irons, but still don’t achieve the desired effect even after hours of preparation. Are you one of these women who are tired of their hair irons not doing what they are specifically meant to do? If yes, it’s time to switch to titanium flat irons. Why titanium flat irons, you may ask? Don’t worry, we’ll cover everything about titanium flat irons in the sections below, along with a list of the 10 best titanium flat irons.
What Is A Titanium Plate And What Are The Benefits Of Titanium Flat Iron
Let us first understand what titanium is. It’s a metallic element found in igneous rocks and is known for its strength and durability, and also for its super heat conductivity. The titanium plates in a flat iron emit negative ions, which help in retaining the natural moisture of your hair, keeping it shiny, and reducing static. Let us now look at some of the benefits of a titanium iron:
- Titanium plates emit a lot of negative ions, which help in reducing frizz.
- It has exceptional heat transferring properties.
- It can reach high temperatures quickly, so these irons also work well for extremely curly hair.
- Titanium plates are extremely strong, especially in comparison to ceramic plates.
- They are durable and scratch-resistant.
- It evenly distributes heat throughout the plates.
Titanium Vs Ceramic Flat Irons
Let’s take a look at the basic differences between titanium and ceramic flat irons:
- Both titanium and ceramic plates heat up at different speeds. Ceramic irons heat up quickly from the inside to the outside, while titanium plates do the opposite. However, titanium plates heat up faster.
- Titanium irons use more negative ions than ceramic ones, which helps in eliminating frizz quicker and better.
- Titanium flat irons are always a little more expensive than ceramic ones, due to its superior quality and durability.
- While both plates are quite scratch-resistant, titanium irons hold up much better.
- Due to its high-speed heating technology, titanium flat irons are better suited for coarse, unruly, and curly hair.
10 Best Titanium Flat Irons
Achieve luxurious glossy and straight hair with the help of this versatile titanium flat iron in a matter of minutes. The three heat settings, specially designed for different types of hair (fragile, damaged or colored, and healthy hair), deliver consistent heat without overheating. Each plate is made with precision melding technology, which allows for hair to pass through seamlessly. This product not only straightens hair, it also volumizes it. It’s 1.75-inch titanium plates are placed perfectly for easy styling. The PTC heater in this titanium flat iron provides instant yet stable heating.
- Digital LCD view for heat settings
- Delivers uniform heat for easy hair ironing
- Dual voltage makes it perfect for travel
- Automatic shut-off in 60 minutes of non-use
- Comes with 8-foot heavy-duty swivel power cord
- Extra wide plates
- May not straighten hair extensions or wigs properly
This ultra-thin beauty by BaBylissPRO is one of the best flat irons available in the market. Its slim design allows for easy handling and also styling flexibility. Not only does this flat iron straighten the hair to perfection, but its nano titanium technology also protects hair from damage. It is exceptionally light and the 5” plates help wider sections to be straightened quickly. It features 50 heat settings that go upto 450°F, and the plates resist corrosion. As it is sleek, one can even use the iron to create natural-looking, beachy waves.
- Its ultra-sleek design makes for easy handling
- Available in three widths (1, 1.5, and 2 inches)
- Nano titanium plates
- Long cord
Ask any professional hair stylist why they love this hair straighter so much, and they will not be able to stop listing down it’s fantastic qualities. Let’s talk about some of them here. Its ceramic coated heating plate is not only infused with titanium, but it also contains argan oil and tourmaline. These elements lock the natural moisture of the hair to avoid frizz. It comes with six temperature options. So, if you want to decrease or increase the temperature, you simply have to rotate the end of the straightener. This professional kit also comes with a travel pouch, a heat-resistant glove, one salon comb, and two salon hair clips.
- 9-foot cord with 360° swivel
- Digital LCD for six temperature settings
- MCH heating feature (fast heating and recovery in seconds)
- Shuts off automatically if not used for 60 minutes
- Dual voltage compatible
- 2-in-1 iron for straightening and curling
- May not work well on extremely curly hair
The perfect confluence of practicality and luxury, this professional flat iron provides the ultimate comfort and styling experience. It’s light, ergonomically designed, and the floating plates glide smoothly. The titanium plates lock in moisture and reduce static as well. It’s also known for being one of the safest hair irons as the ventilation system in this iron releases excess heat to prevent any damage. When not in use for several minutes, the temperature of the titanium plates drops to 180°C automatically. With the help of advanced ceramic technology, it claims to be 60% faster and more effective than other competing flat irons.
- Salon-grade flat iron
- Compact design for easy handling
- Dual voltage capability
- Automatic shut off in 30 minutes
- Provides consistent heat during use
This curling and straightening gem by Furiden is not only easy to use but is also durable. Ideal for both beginners and hair professionals, it can heat up quickly to help you achieve glamorous hair. This flat iron can reach maximum heat in 15 seconds or lesser and comes with 20 heat settings. All you have to do is rotate the bottom of the iron to switch between your desired temperatures. The floated 3D titanium plates heat up evenly, so you won’t be hard-pressed for time, nor will you have to iron the same strands of hair multiple times. The perfectly rounded outer shell is also ideal for styling hair into large, voluminous curls.
- 20 heat settings
- Heat is distributed evenly in the titanium plates
- 2-in-1 curler and straightener
- Helps retain moisture in the hair
- Can reach maximum temperature in 15 seconds or lesser
- Some may find the size of the heat plates a little too short
Mixcolor’s professional 4-in-1 heating plate is what makes it one of the best hair straighteners. Its titanium, tourmaline, nanosilver, and ceramic heating plates make it stand a class apart. But this isn’t the only reason why it makes its 3D floating plates so impressive; they are also dust and water-proof. Right below the wheel of the temperature setting, one can find a quick release safety lock as well. You can keep an eye on your heat settings with the help of its dual digital LCD panel. This salon-grade kit contains a flat iron, a heat-resistant glove, a comb, four salon hair clips, all of which come enclosed in a trendy storage case.
- 4-in-1 heating plate
- Doesn’t damage hair
- Can be used for curling or straightening
- 9-foot-long cord
- Requires a universal adapter
This sleek and effective titanium flat iron is one that you will rave about to your friends and family. It’s not just the value for money aspect that makes this product worth buying, it’s also the nano titanium plate and an advanced metal ceramic heater that ensure a rise to 450°F in less than 30 seconds. The innovative vent design channel steam makes it safe to be used on damp hair as well. Designed with 2x smoother glide for a polished finish, this wonder iron works on all hair types. With five different temperature settings, it makes hair straightening a piece of cake.
- Heats up to 450°F in 30 seconds
- Suitable for all hair types
- 2X smoother glide for zero pinching and snagging
- 5 heat settings
- Large plates
- Requires a universal adapter
Now here’s something we don’t see every day – a flat iron with a rainbow finish. Create sleek, silky, and shiny hair with this iridescent beauty, which glides effortlessly and protects hair from damage. The ion generator in this iron eliminates static while fighting frizz. It comes with six precision heat settings and heats up to 455°F in 30 seconds, and is ideal for all hair types and textures. With its 6-foot professional swivel cord, one can rest assured that it cares for your safety.
- Cool rainbow-colored titanium plates
- Glides smoothly without pulling hair
- Tames frizz
- Extra-long plates for easy ironing
- One has to pay close attention to a soft clicking sound to know that the flat iron is working
It’s time to say “C(h)iao’ to unruly, unmanageable hair with the help of this compact and sleek flat iron from Chi. The titanium-infused ceramic plates go the extra mile in ensuring that you have beautiful, smooth, and protected hair. It only takes about 40 seconds for the ceramic heater to reach the maximum temperature of 425°F. To keep an eye on how high your heat is set at, you can check the preset temperatures in a multicolored digital LCD panel. It also comes with a long durable cord and turns off automatically after 1 hour of inactivity.
- Suitable for all hair textures
- Can be used for straightening and curling
- Multicolored digital LCD panel
- 11-foot heavy-duty cord
- Dual voltage
- Slightly expensive
Make your hair shiny and healthy with the Bcway Professional Hair Straightener. It features a 360° rotational cord, titanium iron plates, and adjustable temperature settings. The device allows you to set the temperature from 248°F to 450°F. Additionally, it comes with a quick heat-up feature and takes only 30 seconds to heat up. The extra-wide titanium plates help to lock in moisture to prevent frizz and give you a sleek look.
- Quick heating
- 3D floating plates
- Easy to use
- Hanging loop
- 5 adjustable temperature settings
- Suitable for all hair types
Titanium Flat Iron Buying Guide
Types Of Titanium Technology
- Nano Titanium
It is an exceptional conductor of heat and maintains stability in ultra-high temperatures as well. It emits negative ions to smooth out the positive ions in your hair, making it frizz-free. It also helps in retaining your hair’s natural moisture.
- Mirror Titanium
Mirror titanium is best for thick and curly hair. It is an advanced titanium technology that doesn’t cause hair damage and keeps the heat uniform and under control. It also has powerful smoothing properties.
Tourmaline is a crystalline mineral used to coat the plates of a flat iron. A tourmaline-coated titanium flat iron keeps your hair anti-frizz and smooth when ironing as it is a significant source of negative ions.
- Ceramic Coated Titanium
Ceramic plates help in even distribution of heating and have a lower potential to burn hair. Ceramic plates heat from the inside to the outside.
- Isotherm Titanium
An isotherm titanium plate also distributes heat evenly while ironing hair. This means that it will glide through smoothly without snagging hair.
What Does Ionic Mean?
All titanium flat irons use ionic technology in their plates. It emits negative ions to fight the positive ions in your hair, thereby retaining the natural moisture of your hair and reducing frizz.
Plate Sizes In Flat Irons
Plate sizes differ from iron to iron and brand to brand. Anything larger than a one-inch plate can be classified as large iron, and larger plates are great for thick hair. Plates that are less than an inch is also ideal for curling hair. Many brands also make irons with 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, and 2 inch flat plates. Some even go up as high as 2.5 inches. The size you pick depends entirely on your preference.
Titanium, pure ceramic, ceramic-coated, and tourmaline plates are the ones that are most commonly used.
The heat and temperature settings differ from iron to iron, but most good flat irons come with three or five preset heat settings and can go upto 425°F or more in 30 seconds or less.
As compared to a regular flat iron, an infrared flat iron uses gentler heat, yet is able to penetrate the hair better. They also use special wavelengths to heat hair evenly from the inside while protecting your hair cuticles. So, lesser heat directly means lesser damage to hair.
When buying a flat iron, make sure you buy one with an automatic switch-off button for when the machine has not been in use for 30-60 minutes, because safety comes first.
Now that you have geared yourself with everything there is to know about titanium flat irons, we hope that we have made your decision of purchasing one, slightly easier. Do let us know how you iron your hair and when do you feel like it is most important to do so. Do you also like to use any heat-protectant product beforehand? Let us know in the comments.
- 10 Best Flat Irons For Natural Hair – Top Picks Of 2020
- 13 Best Flat Irons For Fine And Thin Hair – 2020
- 15 Best Hair Straighteners Available In India – 2020
- 12 Best Flat Irons For Thick Hair