11 Best Memory Foam Pillows For A Sound Sleep – 2023
Sleep peacefully at night and wake up without body aches with specially designed pillows.
Nothing beats the comfort of your head hitting the pillow after a long day. But, if you wake up with neck pain or shoulder cramps, it is time for you to check out the best memory foam pillow for regular use. Pillows are essentials for not just our comfort but also for our head and spinal alignment. Finding the right pillow may take a while because no one likes a pillow that is too soft or too hard. But, all this can be solved with the right memory foam pillow.
Memory foam pillows help with easing migraines, neck pain and cramps, and also shoulder issues that come with bad posture. Selecting the right memory foam pillow can help you sleep better at night, which in turn ensures that your days are fresh and productive. Eight hours of continuous sleep is very important for your overall health. It is crucial to invest in good pillows that will ensure that these hours are the most comfortable for you. What better than memory foam pillows to help you sleep soundly by preventing any discomfort and insomnia? Oh, it also helps lessen stress and improve your brain functions. In this article, we have enlisted the 11 best memory foam pillows and a buying guide to help you select the best one for your needs.
- 1 Best Overall WEEKENDER Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Pillow Weekender $39.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $39.99 ON AMAZON
- 2 Best Hypoallergenic Option Wonder Sleep Dream Rite Shredded Memory Foam Pillow $25.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $25.99 ON AMAZON
- 3 Best For All Sleeping Positions Plixio Shredded Bamboo Memory Foam Pillows $36.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $36.99 ON AMAZON
- 4 Best For Side Sleepers Royal Therapy Queen Memory Foam Pillow Royal Therapy $49.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $49.99 ON AMAZON
- 5 Best For Summer Nights Sagino Adjustable And Cooling Memory Foam Pillow $41.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $41.99 ON AMAZON
- 6 Best For Spinal Alignment Comfyt Side Sleeper Pillow Comfyt $44.38 ON AMAZON Read More › $44.38 ON AMAZON
- 7 Best For Muscle Tension FIESAND Adjustable Memory Foam Pillow $29.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $29.99 ON AMAZON
- 8 Best Machine-Washable Sealy Essentials Memory Foam Gel Pillow $34.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $34.99 ON AMAZON
- 9 Best For Relieving Pressure BedStory Bamboo Charcoal Memory Foam Pillow $37.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $37.99 ON AMAZON
- 10 Best Breathable Material Comficloud Cooling Memory Foam Pillow $26.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $26.99 ON AMAZON
In This Article
Catch Up On Beauty Sleep With The 11 Best Memory Foam Pillows In 2023
Best Overall:WEEKENDER Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Pillow
For some much-needed pressure relief and comfort after tired days, try this top-rated memory foam pillow. It is infused with temperature-regulating gel that keeps you cool throughout the night so no more tossing and turning all night! And for maximum air circulation, the ventilated design made with pincore technology comes in handy. With the cooling side dissipating body heat, you will be able to sleep comfortably wherever you are. Firmer than down alternative, we think this is the best gel memory foam pillow.To keep it clean, just remove the soft cover and throw it in the machine. Can this affordable memory foam pillow get any better?
- Offers pressure relief
- Gel dissipates body heat
- Regulates temperature
- Ventilated for air flow
- Removable and washable case
- Suitable for back, stomach, and side sleepers
- Some may feel it could be a bit thicker.
Best Hypoallergenic Option:Wonder Sleep Dream Rite Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
Wonder Sleep’s Dream Rite offers you the best shredded memory foam pillow that ensures enough support for the head, neck, shoulders, and back. As the filling of 80% memory foam and 20% polyester is removable, you can easily customize it comfortably for a good night’s sleep. Made with a soft blend of viscose from bamboo and rayon, the cover is breathable and adjusts to your body’s contours. As this pillow for neck pain is also hypoallergenic, you don’t need to worry about dust mites or allergic reactions. Just prop yourself on one of these memory foam bed pillows and get dreaming!
- Hypoallergenic material
- Machine washable cover
- Resistant to dust mites
- Breathable and cool fabric
- Supports neck, shoulders, head, and back
- May become lumpy with use
Best For All Sleeping Positions:Plixio Shredded Bamboo Memory Foam Pillows
Plixio utilizes bamboo memory foam to keep you cool all night along with a breathable moisture-wicking cover that remains dry and soft. Queen-sized, these bamboo memory foam pillows are your best bet to reduce common sleep issues like migraines, insomnia, and neck or back pains. As this shredded foam pillow features 60% polyester and 40% viscose, it is pliable and molds to your body shape and sleeping position. A mix between firm and soft, you can use Plixio’s cooling memory foam pillows to align your spine and sleep uninterrupted.
- Suitable for all sleeping positions
- Breathable and cooling cover
- Helps spinal alignment
- Reduces common sleep problems
- Might flatten over time
Best For Side Sleepers:Royal Therapy Queen Memory Foam Pillow
One of the choicest memory foam pillows for side sleepers, Royal Therapy will help you sleep like royalty. Designed to fit the contours of your body line, the Queen Memory Foam Pillow is firm enough to give resistance for heavy parts of your head and the sensitive areas of the neck. The spinal support offered is helpful in sleeping soundly so you don’t toss and turn in discomfort. Made with bamboo, the pillow case is designed with heat-dissipating technology that gets rid of thermal build-up to keep you cool. We think this is one of the top memory foam pillows as it is adjustable, retains shape, and adds aesthetic value to your interior decor.
- Fits contours of body
- Offers spinal support
- Resistant to dust and bacteria
- Retains shape
- The adjustable foam might cause the pillow to be uneven.
Best For Summer Nights:Sagino Adjustable And Cooling Memory Foam Pillow
On your quest for the best memory foam pillow, take a look at this one by Sagino. It has a double-sided design with the cooling side ideal for hot and sweaty nights whereas the warm side helps you relax. With a zippered pillowcase and an extra bag of memory foam, you can adjust the height according to your level of comfort. Sleep on your stomach, side, or back—Sagino’s top memory foam pillow relieves problems for all positions. A mix of evenly-cut memory foam and polyester is used to keep the pillow resilient and retain its shape. The gusset piping design provides support to the head and neck, with the breathable mesh allowing for better airflow. For a better sleep experience, choose Sagino’s hypoallergenic pillow.
- Hypoallergenic and skin-friendly
- Features a cool and warm side
- Breathable mesh allows for air circulation
- Offers head and neck support
- Adjustable height and softness
- Suited to all sleeping positions
- It may have an odor that might take a while to fully dissipate.
Best For Spinal Alignment:Comfyt Side Sleeper Pillow
If you’re a side sleeper nearing the end of their patience looking for the right pillow, we urge you to give Comyt’s Side Sleeper Pillow a shot. Made with side sleepers in mind, you’ll find a shoulder recess that cradles your head and neck for better support and comfort. The orthopaedic technology absorbs and evenly distributes pressure to give you relief from muscle soreness and improves blood flow. One side has a gel layer to keep you cool especially during the hot and humid months. As a bonus, the pillow case is made of bamboo which makes it soft and gives it the ability to wick away moisture. Spinal alignment is one of the many great features of this curved memory foam pillow, so grab it and get some quality sleep!
- Offers spinal alignment
- Retains shape
- Contains cooling gel on one side
- Moisture-wicking and soft pillow case
- Distributes pressure evenly for muscle relief
- Some may find the pillow to be too high.
Best For Muscle Tension:FIESAND Adjustable Memory Foam Pillow
This firm memory foam pillow is just about right for your shoulders, head, and neck as it gives enough support to release muscle tension. With a gusseted design, say goodbye to your pillows falling flat. As the height and softness can be adjusted, stuff in or remove the memory foam according to your liking. Containing activated bamboo charcoal, this pillow deodorizes and stays cool through the night. A double-layered pillow cover is made with soft polyester on the inside and a bamboo-silk rayon blend on the outside for a cooling effect. Pick this thick memory foam pillow for your ascent into dreamland.
- Double-layered pillow case
- Regulates temperature
- Gusseted design helps pillow remain firm
- The adjustable memory foam might make the pillow lumpy.
Best Machine-Washable:Sealy Essentials Memory Foam Gel Pillow
Sealy Essentials brings to you an adaptive memory foam that features a cooling gel layer for additional relaxation. To help you sleep faster and avoid frequent waking, the gel contains soothing properties. As the memory foam molds to your body’s shape, you can sleep in any position comfortably. A mesh cut-out on the top layer is present for easy breathability and increased oxygen flow during sleep. If you’ve been on the lookout for some good memory foam pillows, don’t let this one by Sealy Essentials pass you by.
- Adaptive memory foam
- Mesh cut-out enhances breathability
- Cooling gel layer
- Suited to all sleep positions
- Allows for increased air flow
- Might not help with pain relief
Best For Relieving Pressure:BedStory Bamboo Charcoal Memory Foam Pillow
One of the best contour memory foam pillows comes from BedStory and aligns your head and spine for better sleep. After a long day at work, lying down on this can help relieve pressure from your shoulders and neck. Infused with bamboo charcoal, the temperature of your pillow stays regulated and doesn’t give off any odor. The slow-rebound and high-density memory foam keeps its shape and won’t lose firmness no matter how long you use it. With gel-infusion and open-cell technology, the breathable cover keeps air flowing for maximum relaxation. Sleep with no worries as BedStory’s best-rated memory foam pillow is also easy to clean.
- Soft and breathable cover
- Relieves pressure
- Aligns head and spine
- Easy to clean
- Some may find the pillow to be too firm.
Best Breathable Material:Comficloud Cooling Memory Foam Pillow
Comficloud’s pillow has a cooling side made with ice silk fabric for the summers and the warm side has a blend of polyester and bamboo for colder nights. The heart of the pillow, the memory foam, is made with air holes technology for sufficient air circulation. This ventilation feature helps you sleep deeply and provides health benefits. To relieve fatigue from a tiring day, the slow-rebound high-density memory foam is soft yet firm and supports your body in any sleep position. As the thickness is medium firm, the cushioning relieves neck pressure and provides muscle support to relax the body.
- Features a cool and warm side
- Absorbs moisture
- Removable and washable cover
- Supports all sleeping positions
- Relieves pressure from muscles
- It may have a peculiar odor.
No products found.
Adjust SENSOUR’s pillows according to your fancy for a comfortable night’s rest. These pillows are designed to give support to the sensitive areas in your neck, shoulders, head, and back. If you struggle with insomnia, migraines, or backaches, allow SENSOUR’s Shredded Memory Foam Pillows to give you some much-needed relief. To remove excessive heat build-up during the night, the infusion of cooling gel particles comes in handy. Made with non-toxic materials, these memory foam pillows are all you need to sleep stress-free.
- Eliminates sleep issues
- Relieves muscle pressure
- Contains cooling gel particles
- Made with non-toxic materials
- Breathable and dust-mite resistant
- The chemical odor might be persistent.
Now that we’ve seen some of the best memory foam pillows on the market, let’s look at how you can pick the right one for yourself.
How To Choose The Right Memory Foam Pillow
Even among memory foam, there are various types. Let’s learn what each one is good for.
An average memory foam pillow has low foam pillow height and, depending on single or double seamed edges, they can offer some support to the neck, head, and shoulders. Shredded-foam pillows are usually oblong and the height is about average without being too high or too low. These are quite ideal for various sleeping positions. Shreds of foam make up the filling of these pillows and this allows for better breathability and keeps the soft memory foam pillow cool as well.
Contour memory foam pillow is a slab of solid foam that is designed with a groove where the head rests. There are ridges in the center that run horizontally and they provide support for the neck. If you struggle with neck or shoulder pains on the regular, this is a good pick. They support various sleeping positions and even stomach sleepers.
Memory foam absorbs body heat and retains it, which can be a pain in the summer months or if you live in a humid area. To prevent this, look for ergonomic memory foam pillows that come with a cooling side made with materials like ice silk fabric. Otherwise, you can also opt for pillows filled with a cooling gel that regulates temperature throughout the night. Materials like activated bamboo charcoal also help keep the pillow cool and prevent you from getting hot and stuffy as you sleep.
As memory foam can be too soft, it may block your air passages and cause snoring or difficulty in breathing. To avoid this, opt for pillows that are medium-firm and made with ventilation technology or air holes to allow for better flow of air through the night. You can also use a pillowcase made with breathable materials like a blend of polyester or viscose made from bamboo. Pillows filled with activated bamboo charcoal also allow for the flow of oxygen along with keeping you cool at night.
After your pillow is sitting on your bed, let’s learn how to use it for a peaceful night’s sleep!
How To Use A Memory Foam Pillow
- Step 1: Put the flatter side of your pillow down and lay on the top. You can place a pillow at the foot of the bed or under your knees for maximum support.
- Step 2: Adjust yourself and allow your head to sink into the pillow. The pillow may seem a little hard in the beginning, but stay still.
- Step 3: After a couple minutes, you will notice the pillow molding itself according to your body shape as it absorbs heat. You can change positions now.
- Step 4: When the foam cools down, it might get a little stiff again. Amidst this, take some deep breaths or listen to a sleep meditation podcast to prepare your mind for a restful sleep.
You might be wondering why you must opt for a memory foam pillow in the first place. Well, let’s learn about some of its benefits.
Benefits Of Memory Foam Pillows
- Memory foam pillows help in retaining the contours of your head, neck, and shoulders while keeping your spine aligned. Normal pillows tilt your head, but memory foam adapts to your body instead.
- A tilted head means air passages can be blocked and this is what causes snoring in some people. With spinal alignment, your body’s air passages remain open and can help reduce the tendency of snoring.
- Memory foam pillows can help reduce neck, shoulder, and back pains as they keep the spine properly aligned while sleeping.
- As these pillows allow for pressure to be distributed evenly in your head, neck, and shoulders, you will feel relief in your pressure points.
- As memory foam absorbs all motion, it keeps you stable throughout the night as your neck and spine are properly aligned.
- These days, memory foam is being designed with technology that allows for ventilation. This helps with breathability and increases the flow of oxygen at night for a healthful sleep.
- Memory foam pillows are being designed for different sleeping positions to take pressure off from the body and allow for healing as you sleep.
After a long day at work, we all crave a blissful night of sleep! Sleep is the process of full-body healing that relaxes the strain caused by a full day at work. The best memory foam pillows will help you get a good night’s sleep and resolve several issues like easing migraines, neck pain, cramps, and shoulder issues that come with sleeping in a bad posture. These pillows will help you enjoy a sound sleep while preventing discomfort or insomnia. They are made with high-quality materials, help spinal alignment, and reduce common sleep problems. While choosing the right memory foam pillow, consider the type, cooling, and ventilation factors carefully to fall asleep in no time!
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Shreya Viswanathan is a fitness and health enthusiast and loves writing well-researched product reviews. For this article, she has researched a wide range of brands offering memory foam pillows and checked hundreds of user reviews to zero in on the best products for the list. These pillows are comfortable and made of breathable and moisture-wicking fabric. They support your neck, head, and shoulders to help you sleep tight.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do memory foam pillows last?
Memory foam pillows can last you anywhere between 2 to 3 years, after which you might have to replace them.
How do I clean a memory foam pillow?
Unless specified, do not use the washing machine to clean a memory foam pillow. To clean it on a regular basis, you can soak the pillow in a basin with warm water and detergent. After a while, allow it to air dry.
Are there any side effects of memory foam pillows?
Some memory foam pillows have a persistent odor that does not dissipate with time or even after cleaning and this can cause difficulties in breathing. Memory foam is also sensitive to temperature, so it may become rigid in the winter and softer in the hot months.
Are memory foam pillows good for side sleepers?
Yes, memory foam pillows allow for the neck and head to be cradled for side sleepers. Some brands offer memory foam pillows designed especially for those that sleep on their sides.
Can memory foam pillows cause ear problems?
Not unless you have a habit of sleeping directly on your ear. Using your arm as a support can take the pressure off your ear.
Do memory foam pillows make you sweat?
Yes, as memory foam retains heat, it can make you sweaty and stuffy at night. But if the pillow is filled with a cooling gel or activated bamboo charcoal, this can help regulate temperature and keep you cool.
Do memory foam pillows cause wrinkles?
Softer memory foam pillows allow for more compression so you may find your face smushed into them. To avoid this, opt for medium-firm or firm pillows and use a silk pillowcase to avoid wrinkles.