Hello, fellow oily-skinned person. I am sure you got pretty excited when you saw that we have something about ‘oil-free moisturizers.’ I understand the enthusiasm.
After trying a plethora of moisturizing products that left me with disappointment and breakouts, I vowed to find the ideal moisturizer for somebody with oily skin. And, I did!
Not one or two but 10 of them! They are pure love, I am telling you. Go on and check out the list of the best oil-free moisturizers below.
Top 10 Oil-Free Moisturizers
- Lotus Herbals Alphamoist Oil Free Moisturiser
- Aroma Magic Juniper Berry Oil Free Moisturiser
- Alba Botanica Hawaiian Oil-Free Moisturizer
- Biotique Bio Chlorophyll Oil-Free Gel
- Shahnaz Husain Diamond Rehydrant Lotion
- Avalon Organics Intense Defence Oil-Free Moisturizer
- Himalaya Herbals Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream
- The Nature’s Co. Sandalwood Body Lotion
- The Body Shop Seaweed Gel Cream
- Fabindia Vitamin E Daily Moisturising Cream
1. Lotus Herbals Alphamoist Oil Free Moisturiser
Lotus Herbals Alphamoist Oil Free Moisturiser makes you look young and fresh. It is antimicrobial and antioxidant.
The oil-free moisturizer nourishes and rejuvenates the skin. It contains aloe vera that moisturizes and heals the skin.
- Natural astringent
- Contains parabens
- Does not work well in hot and humid weather
₹ 219 for 80 mL
2. Aroma Magic Juniper Berry Oil Free Moisturiser
Aroma Magic Juniper Berry Oil Free Moisturiser lightens blemish marks. It forms a protective layer on the skin and heals acne.
The oil-free moisturizer brightens the complexion and nourishes the skin. It contains juniper berry and cucumber extracts that guard the skin against harmful radicals.
- Contains SPF
- Too light on the skin
- Needs reapplication
₹ 199 for 100 mL
3. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Oil-Free Moisturizer
Alba Botanica Hawaiian Oil-Free Moisturizer is a lightweight cream that soothes and hydrates the skin. It makes your skin soft and smooth.
The oil-free moisturizer contains aloe vera, green tea, and cucumber extracts that have an antioxidizing effect on the skin.
- No animal testing
- Not budget-friendly
- Strong perfume
₹ 1389 for 3 oz
4. Biotique Bio Chlorophyll Oil-Free Gel
Biotique Bio Chlorophyll Oil-Free Gel tightens pores and fights acne. It nourishes the skin and reduces dark spots.
The oil-free moisturizer contains chlorophyll, seaweed extracts, and aloe vera that prevent blemishes. It can also be used to soothe your skin post hair removal.
- Spreads easily on skin
- Not travel -friendly
- Application process gets unhygienic due to the packaging
₹ 149 for 50 grams
5. Shahnaz Husain Diamond Rehydrant Lotion
Shahnaz Husain Diamond Rehydrant Lotion improves the skin’s elasticity. It unclogs pores and is hydrating and firming.
The oil-free moisturizer contains basil extracts that regenerate and soothe the skin. The lotion balances the natural secretion of sebum.
- Pleasant fragrance
- Bad packaging
₹ 1516 for 40 grams
6. Avalon Organics Intense Defence Oil Free Moisturizer
Avalon Organics Intense Defence Oil-Free Moisturizer improves the skin’s texture and firms its appearance. It fights stress on the skin caused by exposure to the sun.
The oil-free moisturizer contains vitamin C that neutralizes free radicals and boosts collagen synthesis. It energizes the skin and makes it look young.
- Feels weightless on skin
- Need to do a patch test for sensitive skin
- Chemical smell
₹ 1110 for 59 grams
7. Himalaya Herbals Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream
Himalaya Herbals Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream hydrates the skin and makes it glow.
The oil-free moisturizer contains winter melon, fig extracts, and herbs that soothe the skin and make it soft and supple.
- Absorbed quickly into the skin
- Heavy container
- No SPF
₹ 250 for 50 grams
8. The Nature’s Co. Sandalwood Body Lotion
The Nature’s Co. Sandalwood Body Lotion relieves itching and inflammation. It clears the skin and makes it glow.
The oil-free moisturizer is calming and relaxing. It contains sandalwood extract, kokum butter, and vitamin E that make your skin smooth.
- Difficult to hold the container
- Runny consistency
₹ 616 for 250 mL
9. The Body Shop Seaweed Gel Cream
The Body Shop Seaweed Gel Cream moisturizes your skin and balances sebum production. It has a matte effect on the skin and keeps it gloss-free.
The oil-free moisturizer is hydrating and non-clogging. It contains seaweed that has high mineral content.
- Contains vitamin E
- Gives good coverage with less product
- Takes time to get absorbed into the skin
₹ 1295 for 50 mL
10. Fabindia Vitamin E Daily Moisturising Cream
Fabindia Vitamin E Daily Moisturising Cream deep conditions the skin and nourishes it. It illuminates the skin.
The oil-free moisturizer contains olive oil, purified water, and shea butter that keep the skin healthy, smooth, and soft.
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Pleasant fragrance
- Contains parabens
- No SPF
₹ 390 for 100 mL
*Prices may vary.
It is a tricky affair to moisturize oily-skin, isn’t it? What you need is a product that gives the right balance and moisturizes the skin without causing breakouts. The list above has the perfect set of products that do so. Try them and let us know how you found them in the comments section below.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Are oil-free moisturizers best only for oily skin?
They work well on oily skin, but that does not mean other skin types cannot use them. If you are looking for something light and non-greasy, yet moisturizing, oil-free moisturizers are your best best.
How often should I apply oil-free moisturizers?
You can apply oil-free moisturizers every day if you want.
- Best Body Lotions For Oily Skin – Our Top 10 Picks
- 2 Effective Homemade Moisturizers For Dry Skin
- Best Anti Aging Lotions – Our Top 10 Picks
- Top 10 Non-comedogenic Moisturizers Available In India
- Top 10 Water Based Moisturizers For Oily Skin