The 10 Best Ballet Shoes That Are Comfy + Buying Guide (2023)
These durable footwear will give your feet that comfort and support they always needed.
Choosing the best ballet shoes for your needs is pretty easy nowadays. Ballet shoes are lightweight, thin, and allow free and flexible movement while ensuring the dancers’ safety. However, with so many options available, the choice isn’t as simple as ‘just a ballet shoe.’ With the advancements in technology, dance shoes have also evolved, and now they provide greater comfort, support, and durability. However, one should remember these shoes don’t provide sufficient support to your ankles and feet for everyday use.
You will notice that female ballet dancers mostly wear tan-colored or pink ones while male dancers wear black or white ballet shoes. But, these shoes are available in various colors. To assist you in deciding the best pair for yourself, we have listed the 10 best ballet shoes. Keep reading to know more!
In This Article
The 10 Best Ballet Shoes
Best Lightweight Shoes:Bloch Performa Ballet Shoe
The Bloch Performa Ballet Shoe comes from one of the most prestigious shoemakers of the world – Jacob Bloch. The shoe has a super comfortable, lightweight, stretch-canvas split sole. The toe shape is designed specifically for ultimate balance. It is super soft that perfectly hugs the ballet dancer’s foot. The shoe contains a shock-absorbing cushion to keep your feet away from any harm. It also contains pre-sewn crossed elastics,and generous front and rear leather split sole pads.
- Color:Cocoa, sand, pink, and white
- Super soft and comfortable
- Adheres to the arch beautifully
- Contains shock-absorbing cushion
Best Anti-Skid Sole:STELLE Girls Ballet Practice Shoes
The Stelle Girls Practice Shoes have a leather sole and breathable PU upper. They are light weight and make you feel flexible and comfortable while dancing. The soles are waterproof, wear-resistant, and skid-resistant.The shoes are perfect for dancing, gymnastics, parties, and weddings.
- Material:PU leather
- Color:Pink, beige, and black
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Anti-skid sole
- Easy to clean
- Easy to take off
- May not be long-lasting.
Best Durable Material:WENDY WU Dance Shoe
The Wendy Wu Dance Shoes use satin material and are available for both kids and adults. The sole is made from thick German paper, which is flexible and wear-resistant. The ballet shoes havea pure,high-quality ribbon and are perfect for regular practice. They provide enough support for both beginners and professional dancers. These are perfect as birthday or Christmas gifts.
- Color:Pink, red, and black
- Provides support for beginners and professionals
- May have fitting issues.
- Cannot be washed or cleaned.
Best Comfortable Fit:Capezio Women's Daisy Ballet Shoe
The Capezio Women’s Daisy Ballet Shoe is a soft ballet slipper made from soft leather and tanned suede leather outsole for durability.This also makes the shoe comfortable and does not squeeze or pinch your toes. The shoe comes with a bar-tacked elastic drawstring that hugs the foot for a perfect fit and provides a touch of elegance. These shoes are practical and perfectto wear for dancers of any age. They have a classic design and a unique daisy print on the hung cotton lining.
- Color:Pink, black and white
- Full suede sole
- Drawstring for extra hold
- Ideal for dancers of all ages
- Might have size issues.
Best Toe Pads:TXJ Sports Ballet Shoes Pink Pointe Ballet Shoes
The TXJ Sports Ballet Shoes are satin pointe shoes. They have silica gel toe pads to keep your toes comfortable while dancing. The shoes are made of satin and have a hard leather non-slip bottom that protects you from slipping while on the dance floor. The shoes come with a pair of ribbons and toe pads.
- Ideal for dancers of every age
- Silica gel toe pads
- Non-slip bottom
- May have fitting issues.
Best High-Quality Leather:Nexete Professional Vanassa Ballet Pointe Shoes
The Nexete Professional Ballet Shoes are perfect for those who are still working on their pointe technique. The shoes have a satin upper and a wide strength box, which makes them comfortable to wear. The strong elastic shank prevents dancers from slipping. These shoes are suitable for square toes and are great to be used with toe pads. The shoes come with toe pads, ribbons, and a canvas bag for easy storage.
- Color:Pink, red, and black
- Made of high-quality leather
- Strong elastic shank
Best Adjustable:Danzcue Ballet Shoes
The Danzcue Ballet Shoes are high-quality suede sole ballet slippers. These shoes are comfortable to wear and durable. They have a classic round head design,double pre-sewn crisscross straps, and adjustable elastic cords. The shoes feature drawstring cords that can be adjusted as per your comfort. They are fully lined with sweat absorbing fabric, and the soles are wear- and slip-resistant.
- Material: Canvas
- Color: Pink, black, and white
- High-quality lining
- Adjustable elastic cords
- Wear- and slip-resistant Easy to clean
Best Ergonomic Design:Dynadans Ballet Shoes
The Dynadans Soft Leather Ballet Shoes are made from high-quality faux leather. They are highly comfortable, durable, and easy to wear. The flats have adjustable elastic straps, and their sole is made of lightweight leather. Its frontal area has designer splits that help to maintain grip and support. These have been designed to suit children and adults with a focus on stability and safety. The shoe fabric is washable, quick drying, and a moisture absorbing material to make your walks and workouts pleasant. The ballet shoes are available in many color options and can be matched with your outfits.
Material: Faux leather and rubber
Color: Black, Nude, Pink
- Premium material
- Comfortable and durable
- Easy to wear
- Lightweight sole
- Breathable fabric
- Sweat absorbing
- Multiple color options
- Adjustable elastic straps
- Bit narrow
Best Breathable Material:Bezioner Ballet Pointe Shoes
The Bezioner Ballet Pointe shoes are specially designed for professional dancers. They have a split leather sole with a high-quality ribbon that makes them soft, breathable, and durable. The shoes come with a pair of silicone toe pads to keep your toes more comfortable. They are elegant, and the cross over straps offer free movement while practicing.
- Includes silicone pads
- Made from high-quality satin
- Anti-slip soles
Best Wear-Resistant Option:IJONDA Adult Pointe Shoes
The Ijonda Adult Pointe Shoes are suitable for ballet, dancing, gymnastics, performance, and general training. The upper part of the shoes is made from silk satin that is breathable and comfortable, while The bottom is made from hard leather. The bottom of the shoes are wear-resistant and anti-skid for safe traction and prevents slipping. The shoes come with elastic bands that can be adjusted to your preference.
- Material: Satin
- Color: Red and pink
- Wear-resistant and anti-skid
- Suitable for all seasons
- Ideal for both beginners and experts
Mentioned below are a few points one should keep in mind while shopping for ballet shoes.
How To Choose Ballet Shoes –Buying Guide
- Material: Ballet shoes are usually made of satin, canvas,or leather. Satin may look pretty, but leather is the most durable. A good middle ground is opting for canvas shoes, which are generally cheaper than leather but more durable than satin. The leather ones are thick and durable and often used by children. Experienced and more seasoned dancers prefer canvas shoes as they adhere to the shape of the feet.
- Sole: The soles of the shoes are the most important. They provide protection to your feet and prevent slipping. Look for shoes with anti-skid or anti-slip features. This will ensure your safety on the dance floor.
- Toe Pads: While shopping for ballet shoes, go for the ones that include toe pads. They will keep your toes comfortable through any dance routine.
Let’s take a look at the various types of shoes available on the market.
Types Of Ballet Shoes
- Split Sole Shoes: A split sole shoe has a hard pad on the bottom. However, the pad does not spread over the entire sole length. It is present only on the ball of the foot, toes, and heel. This is done purposefully to allow the ballerina a better range of motion in her foot. The split sole shoes interfere less with pointing and flexing the foot.
- Full Sole Shoes: The full sole shoes have the sole on the entire bottom of the shoe. These shoes are usually preferred by newer dancers as they provide added support.
- Pointe Shoes: The pointe shoes are designed to support the feet and ankles. These shoes are used by experienced ballerinas.
Whether you have just started learning ballet or are a prima ballerina, the perfect ballet shoe can make all the difference to your moves. We hope that this list of the best ballet shoes has helped you find that perfect pair of shoes to ace your jetés and relevés.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Shiboli Chakraborti, the author of this article, is a fashion enthusiast who keeps herself updated about the latest trends and styles. She also believes that fashion and comfort factors should go hand in hand, and her list of the best ballet shoes proves the same. She has browsed various online platforms to filter out the best ballet shoes for her readers. These shoes provide greater support, comfort, and durability.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you wear under ballet shoes?
It is advised to wear socks under ballet shoes. However, if you are a beginner, you can start practicing bare feet to prevent slipping.
What kind of ballet shoes should I get for a beginner?
Ballet slippers are recommended for beginners.
Are leather or canvas ballet shoes better?
Both shoes are great for ballet. Leather shoes are thick and durable, whereas canvas shoes are flexible to fit the shape of the feet.
Should you buy ballet shoes a size bigger?
Yes, it is recommended to purchase ballet shoes a size bigger than your original feet size. These shoes are supposed to fit snugly, and not tight-fitting.
Are canvas ballet shoes washable?
Yes, canvas ballet shoes are machine-washable. Wash them on a gentle cycle with a soft detergent to keep its color intact.
Do ballet shoes stretch?
Yes, if worn frequently, leather ballet shoes can stretch. Since ballet shoes are supposed to have a snug fit, stretching them helps in making sure that they are not too tight or uncomfortable.
- Stylish Walking Shoes For Women
- How To Match Your Shoes With The Dress – Tips Every Girl Should Know
- Most Comfortable And Stylish Ballet Flats