We all love extensions as they add volume to our hair, but they can sometimes misbehave and easily come off! If you have trouble keeping your extensions in place, worry not because the best hair extension glues are here to the rescue! A convenient and budget-friendly solution, hair extension glues ensure your extension stay in place, regardless of what activity you partake in. Just add extension glue to the baseline and stick them about 0.5 inches away from the root and onto the hair. Within seconds you will be blessed with voluminous hair that will definitely improve your self esteem. If you can’t wait to catch hold of the best hair extension glues, read on as we’ve compiled a list to help you with just that.
In This Article
8 Best Bonding Glue for Hair Extensions
The Ghost Bond adhesive is an invisible formula that helps hide the hairline and offers natural-looking results, when using extensions and wigs. The glue is exclusively designed for oily skin and scalp. This wig adhesive has a higher melting point, so it works well even in the most humid or hot areas. This product is free from latex, chemicals or toxic ingredients, or solvents that can damage or degrade hair quality. You do not have to worry about your extensions coming off soon as this cosmetic glue is waterproof and oil-resistant. Need more information? Watch the reviewer’s experience in this video to make an informed decision about the product.
- Waterproof and oil-resistant glue
- Mess-free option
- Value for money
- High melting point to secure the extensions in a hot or humid environment
- Invisible glue that quickly fades from the hairline
- Fixes the extensions in just 7 minutes
- Offers lasting results
- Has a clumpy and thick consistency
- Needs practice to use it perfectly
This strong bonding glue for wigs has excellent holding power. If you are looking for a glue that secures the extensions or wigs for hours, this is probably one of the best options to try. This adhesive for hair extensions melts quickly and also dries out within 30 seconds and, thus, is easy to fix. The glue remains on your scalp for an extended period depending on the oiliness of your scalp and climate. If you don’t rigorously wash or condition your hair, it will stay on your scalp for a while. For more than a week and a half, you can keep the extensions secured with this high bond extension glue. If you need further convincing, check out a tester’s experience of using the product in this YouTube review. Moreover, perform a patch test and discontinue use if any irritation occurs.
- Strong but gentle hold
- Water-resistant and easy-to-use glue
- Lasts approximately for a week
- Easy to remove glued hair extensions
- Dries off very quickly
- Slightly expensive
If you are worried about the foul smell and fungal infection that extension glues can cause on your scalp, then choose the Salon Pro 30 Second Hair Bond Glue that features an anti-fungal formula. The bonding glue dries out in just 30 seconds and offers a stronghold. Apart from this, the adhesive also works well on synthetic or human hair. Also, if you are looking for glue that lets wigs or extensions stay on your hair for weeks, this one is a great purchase! You can check this video out to see how people experience benefits from this product.
- Less expensive
- Stays for weeks
- Dries within 30 seconds and offers a tighter grip
- Suitable for synthetic and human hair
- It is difficult to remove the glue due to its stronghold
- Leaves little residue after removal
| || || |
|Ghost Bond XL with Xtra Moisture Control||Esha Luxury Wig Fashion Lace Wig Bond||Salon Pro Exclusive 30 Second Anti-Fungus Super Hair Bond Glue|
|Compatible Material||Polyvinyl Chloride||-||-|
|Dimensions||1.8 x 1.8 x 2.76 inches||-||1.5 x 1.5 x 5.8 inches|
|Weight||0.5 Ounces||-||0.01 Ounces|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
The Bold Hold Active Hair Diagram is an ideal product if you are looking for a strong adhesive and skin-friendly glue. The unique formula of this adhesive for hair extension is water-based and gentle on the skin. It is heat-resistant and can withstand sweat and humidity. The lightweight formula dries clear and provides a secure bond that looks and feels very natural and lasts 2-3 weeks, even in the hottest climate. It is a lab-tested formula that offers lasting hold to your wigs without damaging their edges. This premium quality adhesive boosts hair versatility, and allows you to wear your wig confidently without any worries.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Natural-looking effect
- Strong hold
Are you looking for a non-messy and easy-to-use bond hair glue? Proclaim Super Bond Professional Formula Hair Bond Glue is the perfect option if you frequently use hair extensions. The adhesive has a unique formula that prevents spills and glues the extensions effortlessly with your natural hair. The best thing is that it comes in a squeeze bottle that allows versatile application onto your scalp. It is designed to offer a lasting and robust hold, which means it will hold the extensions for approximately 6-8 weeks. Also, if you want to sew your wig, with enough practice, you can use this hair glue with reliable bond strength to prepare and secure a great wig for your hair.
- Great for color-treated hair
- Less messy and easy to use
- Unique formula that offers a lasting hold
- Allows for styling versatility
- Easy to remove
- Strong odor
- Not recommended for beginners
6. Best long-lasting:he Hair Diagram Bold Hold Extreme Creme
The Hair Diagram Bold Hold Extreme Creme comes with a clear, water-based formula. This lightweight product offers a strong and durable hold for hair systems and wigs. It dries quickly and forms an invisible bond that lasts two to three weeks, and is non-damaging to your scalp or edges. It is latex-free and formulated using non-toxic ingredients. The formula offers a strong hold that looks natural on synthetic as well as human hair.
- Skin-friendly formula
7. Best Travel-friendly:Walker Tape Ultra Hold Hair System Adhesive
The Walker Tape Ultra Hold Hair System Adhesive is a long-lasting, super bonding liquid glue that offers an adhesive hold. It offers the ultimate hold to wigs, hair systems, and toupees. It is shine-free and available in convenient travel sizes. This adhesive contains acrylic, heptane, toluene, ethyl acetate, and isopropanol. It is easy to apply and dries conveniently, with no visible residue. You can also conduct a patch test on a small area before consistent use.
- Long-lasting adhesion
- Easy to apply
8. Best Waterproof:EBIN NEW YORK Wonder Lace Bond
If you are looking for a glue that provides seamless integration and blends the lace to your skin, giving you a natural look, then the EBIN NEW YORK Wonder Lace Bond is the perfect choice for you. The waterproof and oil-resistant formula secures the wig easily, keeps it in place, and reduces hair tangling. It has a firm hold which lasts all week and is suitable for all skin types. This adhesive is easy to apply and dries quickly without leaving any residue on your skin and withstands heavy perspiration and high humidity. The product can easily secure lace front wigs. Moreover, ethically conscious beauty enthusiasts are obsessed with this glue because it has not undergone testing on animals.
- Suitable for various hair types
- Strong hold
- Ideal for a sweaty scalp
- The glue dries easily
- Has a thick consistency
This was our list of highly-rated glues for hair extension. When it comes to hair extensions, the type of glue you use is just as important as the quality of the extensions themselves. If you are looking for the best hair extension glues in the market, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
Points To Remember While Purchasing The Best Hair Extension Glue
- Type Of Glue: First, consider the type of glue you want to use. There are two main types of hair extension glues: temporary and permanent. Temporary glues are typically made from water-based type of adhesives, while permanent glues use strong chemicals to bond the extensions to your natural hair.
- Longevity: Next, think about how long you want your extensions to stay in place. If you are looking for a short-term solution, a temporary wig glue may be the best option. These glues can usually be removed with shampoo and water. On the other hand, if you want your extensions to last for weeks or even months, a permanent wig glue may be a better choice. Just be aware that these types of glues can be difficult to remove without the help of a professional.
- Safe To Use: You’ll want to make sure that the glue is safe to use on your hair and scalp. There are a lot of different chemicals in glues, so you’ll want to make sure that you find one that is specifically designed for hair extensions and won’t cause any irritation. Some glues can cause breakage or shedding, so be sure to find one that is gentle on your strands.
- User-Friendly: You need to choose a glue that offers an easy application and removal process. There are some glues that are very difficult to work with, so be sure to find one that is user-friendly.
- Affordable: Finally, you need to choose a glue that is affordable. Hair extension glues can range in price from very cheap to quite expensive, so be sure to find one that fits into your budget.
- Reviews: There are a lot of different hair extension glues on the market, so it’s important to do your research before making a purchase. Read online reviews from other customers who have tested the product in order to get an idea of which products are good and which ones to avoid.
Infographic: How To Use Hair Extension Glue Properly
Glue-in hair extensions are a great way to add extra volume and length to your thin and fine hair. To try them out at home, you will need a few hair extensions, a blow dryer, and hair extension glue. If you are a beginner to hair extensions and do not have much idea about how to apply them using glue, check out the infographic below for a step-by-step guide.
That’s all, folks! These are the 8 best hair extension glues that have proven efficacy in holding the extensions in place. If you want to choose an adhesive that works best for your scalp, consider factors like hold time, oil resistance, ease of use, light absorption, application, skin protection factor, etc. to achieve the best results. The Ghost Bond XL with Xtra Moisture Control is almost invisible and secures wigs on oily scalps, while the Bold Hold Active.The Hair Diagram is lightweight, odor-free, and suits sensitive skin. It is highly recommended to read the instruction manuals to get the best results. It is also recommended that you perform a patch test to prevent any allergies or irritation.
Did we miss out on your favorite brand? Do let us know in the comments below!
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Medha Deb, strives to bring out quality hair care products for her readers. Her interest in the field drives her to research and analyze reviews to understand people’s different hair care needs. After scouring numerous websites, she compiled this list of the best hair extension glues. An ideal hair extension glue should be long-lasting, easy to apply and remove, offer good adherence and skin protection. Hence, she has included each product providing details about all those factors to help you pick the best one.
Frequently Asked Questions
What glue do you use for hair extensions?
The VictorieLei U Tip Keratin Bonding Granules is the best keratin glue product for hair extensions.
How long do glue-in hair extensions last?
Glue-in hair extensions last around 1 to 2 months after application.
What can I use instead of hair bonding glue?
You can use hair-holding spray, pins, tapes, and strings to keep your hair extensions intact.
Do you glue hair extensions to the scalp?
No, glue hair extensions are glued to hair only because they can affect the scalp’s health and cause hair fall or irritation. It is applied around 1-2 inches from the hairline.
Does hair glue damage hair?
Yes, glue can permanently damage your hair by affecting the overall scalp health and hair quality.
Can I use fabric glue for hair extensions?
Yes, you can use a fabric glue that dries out instantly on your hair extensions.
Can you wash your hair with glued-in extensions?
Yes, you can wash your hair with glued-in extensions but use suitable haircare products; otherwise, it will damage your extensions.
- Best Products For Hair Extensions
- The Best Tape-In Hair Extensions
- Best Hair Extensions For Thick Hair
- Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Hair Extensions