The 9 Best Japanese Toners Of 2023
Soft, supple, and radiant skin is so easy to achieve with these hydrating toners.
Japanese skin care products have grown popular over the years because they show great results on your skin. The common secret to having flawless, glowing, radiant, and youthful skin is to use the best Japanese toners. Japanese toners add a layer of hydration and get quickly absorbed into your skin. Including this potent product in your skin care routine will instantly bring a positive change to your skin. Most people who have switched to Japanese toners find that they feel gentle on your skin.
To give your skin a boost of hydration, we have listed the 9 best Japanese toners that you should try. Scroll down to know more!
In This Article
9 Best Japanese Toners Of 2023
Best Alcohol-Free:DHC Mild Lotion Facial Toner
The DHC Mild Lotion Facial Toner contains antioxidant-rich cucumber juice extract that soothes your skin, glycerin protects the skin’s natural moisture barrier, and licorice root extract nourishes the skin. The alcohol-free formula tones and refreshes your skin. This product prepares the skin to absorb the maximum benefits from the moisturizer and forms the third step of the Japanese traditional skin care regimen.
- Gentle formula
- Hydrates the skin
- Ideal for all skin types
- Might make the skin sticky
- Might not absorb completely
Apply the toner when the skin is still damp after a cleanse. This will help the toner to penetrate better into your skin and get easily absorbed.
Best Hyaluronic Acid Infused:HADALABO Gokujun Hyaluronic Lotion Moist
This fantastic toner helps alleviate the dry texture of the skin and makes it supple just like an excellent moisturizer. This toner also helps reduce fine lines owing to the presence of hyaluronic acid. Regular use also helps in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines as well. If you want to know more about the benefits of the HADALABO Gokujun Hyaluronic Lotion Moist, click on this video.
- Light on skin
- Easy absorption formula
- Applies easily
- Moisturizes skin
- Suitable for all types of skin
- Quiet expensive
Best Quick-Absorption Formula:Kikumasamune Sake Rich Moisture Lotion Toner
This miracle toner is highly sought-after and for a good reason! It helps tone your skin and restores the natural shine upon regular use. To make the moisturizing action more effective, it is curated with an advanced formula that helps relieve the skin from any dry patches. This quick-absorb formula is easy to apply, making you look flawless in no time!
- Acidic formula offers protection
- Suits all skin types
- Rich texture
- May have an unpleasant aroma
Best For Spot-Free Skin:Obagi Nu-Derm Toner
This all-round toner is the perfect addition to your skincare routine. This moisturizing toner repairs the skin from within when used daily. It cleanses the pores and brightens skin tone. It’s an ideal choice for dull skin, as it instantly hydrates the skin to achieve an even and clear complexion. Its alcohol-free formula acts in the benefit of the skin and helps heal wounds and scars, leaving your skin spot-free!
- Acts as a super hydrating agent
- Provides a healthy glow to the skin
- Evens out skin tone
- Repairs cell and pores
- Helps in maintaining the pH levels of the skin
- May take time to absorb into the skin
Best For Soft Skin:IPSA The Time Reset Aqua
The IPSA The Time Reset Aqua contains aqua presenter III and 1000 trillion fine moisturizing molecules. These ingredients penetrate the skin and increase its natural hydration level. This toner locks your skin’s moisture barrier, leaving it soft and refreshed. It is enriched with hyaluronic acid that helps control excess oil, reduces acne, and shrinks enlarged pores. “It also contains tranexamic acid which is a known brightening agent. It interferes with melanin production by inhibiting the interaction of melanocytes with keratinocytes, thereby, reducing dark spots,” adds Dr. Patricia Gaile Espinosa, MD, Philippine Dermatological Society.
- Hydrates the skin
- Controls excess oil
- Reduces acne
Store your toner in the refrigerator; doing so can increase the shelf life of the toner as well as help with depuffing your skin and calm inflamed skin.
Best For Dull Skin:SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
The SK-II Facial Treatment Essence brightens and even tones dull skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and dark spots. This toner is made of 90% PITERA, which contains 50 micronutrients. This ingredient replenishes the skin’s moisture barrier to treat signs of aging and protect the skin from environmental stressors.
- Reduces signs of aging
- Replenishes moisture barrier
- Contains 90% PITERA
- Even tones the skin
- Insufficient quantity
Best Paraben-Free:Onsen Japanese Clean & Clear Face Toner
This is a toner that women across the globe cannot get enough of—the reason being its composition, which includes natural minerals from the Onsen hot springs of Japan. The essential minerals bring longevity and repair skin cells, making your skin look replenished. This toner acts as an astringent that not only cleanses the skin but also reduces the size of the pores.
- Curated using natural minerals
- Moisturizes skin
- Restores the natural skin barrier
- Alkaline in nature aiding in skin revitalization
- Maintains the pH levels of the skin
- Long-term use prevents the appearance of wrinkles
- May not suit sensitive skin
Best For All Skin Types:MUJI Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Toning Water/Toner
This light serum formula is suitable for sensitive skin as it is devoid of added preservatives and chemicals. It absorbs instantly and offers a non-greasy to the skin surface. This product has no fragrance or artificial color and is completely alcohol and paraben-free. This toner has a moisturizing effect on the skin, so you can use it right after you take off all your makeup.
- Can be used as a base for foundation
- Protects against harmful chemicals present in makeup
- Absorbs easily and convenient to apply
- Suitable for all skin types
- Not suitable for dry skin
Use your facial toner as an after shave solution which will help to remove any dead skin cells and unclog the pores on your skin from the shaving cream or foam.
Best For pH Balance:Chyururia Hyaluronic Acid Skin Conditioner
Say hello to flawless skin! This toner is a perfect base for dry skin as it moisturizes and improves skin tone. It is known to have a rejuvenating effect on the skin that also restores the elasticity, making it supple and radiant. It acts as a cleansing agent that helps in getting rid of the impurities and unclogs pores. It balances the pH level of the skin and heals it by slowly replenishing the damaged cells.
- Restores elasticity
- Improves skin tone
- Hydrates dry skin
- Easy absorption
- Maintains pH balance of skin
- Feels light on skin
- Excessive use on sensitive skin might disturb the pH levels
Why Do We Need Japanese Toners
As discussed before, Japanese products not only help rejuvenate the skin but also replenishes the skin in the long run.
- Japanese toners have a watery texture that makes them easy to apply.
- Most toners are moisturizing in nature.
- These toners help in balancing out the pH levels of the skin resulting in less damage.
- Japanese toners effectively retain moisture from the skin.
- Most Japanese toners have a therapeutic effect on underlying skin issues like acne, open pores, sensitive spots, etc.
How To Choose The Best Japanese Toner
To choose the best Japanese toner, specific parameters should be taken into consideration:
- Opt for a non-greasy formula that absorbs easily
- A toner that is light or airy provides the perfect base for any other steps in your skincare regime
- A Japanese toner with intense moisturizing nature is a good pick as it will not only protect the skin but also keep it hydrated
- A composition of hyaluronic acid is perfect for skin-replenishing purposes
- A toner containing ceramides is beneficial to achieve supple skin
- Certain Japanese toners are rich in linoleic acid that makes them suitable for acne-prone skin
- For excessively dry skin, Japanese toners infused with oleic acid should be chosen as it instantly hydrates dry skin
- A slightly acidic solution helps in getting an even skin tone
- Japanese toners also contain ‘arbutin’ that can reduce the effects of melanin deposition
- A paraben-free and alcohol-free toner is good for your skin
Infographic: Key Ingredients In Japanese Toners
Japanese toners offer glowing, youthful, and healthy skin. You can benefit from their hydrating, brightening, and soothing properties by incorporating these toners into your skin care routine. Check out the below infographic to learn about the key ingredients to look for in a Japanese toner to achieve radiant skin.
Japanese toners tend to make your skin more radiant and youthful. You can definitely feel a good change in your skin if you make sure to use Japanese toners as a part of your regular skin care regimen. Some of these toners are alcohol-free which helps in the reduction of excess skin damage. These toners are formulated to nourish and moisturize your skin while hydrating it constantly. However, while purchasing Japanese toners, you should steer clear of the ones that are thick in texture and disrupt easy absorption.
Why Trust Stylecraze
Vaishnavi Kothuri is a skin care enthusiast who loves to write about different beauty products as they hit the shelves. She prefers using a Japanese toner because it is the key to flawless and radiant skin. She has sifted through various online reviews and product specifications before curating the list. Her recommended products add a boost of hydration to your skin and add a healthy glow to it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Japanese and American toners?
Japanese toners use gentle and organic ingredients that look after your skin. But American toners might use more harsh chemicals that could prove to be detrimental to your skin.
What are the ingredients in a Japanese toner?
Usually, Japanese toners use a blend of chemical and natural components that are proven beneficial for your skin. However, some of the common ingredients that are found in a daily-use toner are glycerine, alcohol, collagen, hyaluronic acid, trehalose, etc.
How should you use Japanese toners?
• Double cleanse your skin to get rid of all the existent dirt.
• Soak a cotton ball with a few drops of the Japanese toner or pour it onto your palms.
• Gently swipe the cotton all over your face and neck. Or pat the product on your skin.
• Let it sit for a few seconds and dry before following up with a moisturizer.
Which Japanese toner is the best for dry skin?
The Chyururia Hyaluronic Acid Skin Conditioner is the best for dry skin. The Bulgarian rose water in the formula moisturizes the dry patches of your skin and the rose oil calms down any irritation.
Which Japanese toner is the best for acne-prone skin?
The IPSA The Time Reset Aqua is best for acne-prone skin. The herbal extracts in the formula control sebum production and reduce the appearance of acne.
- Best Japanese Skin Care Products
- Best Face Toners For Clear And Hydrated Skin
- Best Korean Toners To Try Out
- Best Japanese Moisturizers To Buy Online – Reviews And Buying Guide