Japanese skincare products are well known for their quality and the results they yield. Primarily, Japanese women are known to make use of hundreds of years of well-kept secrets to take care of their skin. The common thing among all the Japanese women is their flawless, radiant, smooth, and youthful skin. Their genes and strict skincare regimen play a vital role in this. Their everyday skincare routine involves nourishing, hydrating, sun protection, and, most importantly, toning the skin.
To give a new lease to your skin, we will guide you through a list of the 9 best Japanese toners as per the need of your skin.
9 Best Japanese Toners Of 2020
This Kikumasamune Sake High Moisture Skin Lotion Toner is made from the secret ingredient of Sake, which the Japanese drink for longevity and merriment. This excellent toner is a perfect potion for the skin to maintain hydration during any time of the day. The best part about this toner is that it’s alcohol-free, which can help repair skin damage and contains natural extracts that protect the skin against dirt and pollutants.
- Keeps the skin hydrated and supple
- Acts as a perfect moisturizer
- Acts as a base for makeup without any harm
- Clears and brightens skin tone
- Suits all skin types
- The consistency is quite thick for easy absorption
This fantastic toner helps alleviate the dry texture of the skin and makes it supple just like an excellent moisturizer. This toner also helps reduce fine lines owing to the presence of hyaluronic acid. Regular use also helps in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines as well.
- Light on skin
- Easy absorption formula
- Applies easily
- Moisturizes skin
- Suitable for all types of skin
- Quiet expensive
This miracle toner is highly sought-after and for a good reason! It helps tone your skin and restores the natural shine upon regular use. To make the moisturizing action more effective, it is curated with an advanced formula that helps relieve the skin from any dry patches. This quick-absorb formula is easy to apply, making you look flawless in no time!
- Acidic formula offers protection
- Suits all skin types
- Rich texture
- May have an unpleasant aroma
This all-round toner is the perfect addition to your skincare routine. This moisturizing toner repairs the skin from within when used daily. It cleanses the pores and brightens skin tone. It’s an ideal choice for dull skin, as it instantly hydrates the skin to achieve an even and clear complexion. Its alcohol-free formula acts in the benefit of the skin and helps heal wounds and scars, leaving your skin spot-free!
- Acts as a super hydrating agent
- Provides a healthy glow to the skin
- Evens out skin tone
- Repairs cell and pores
- Helps in maintaining the pH levels of the skin
- May take time to absorb into the skin
|1|| ||Obagi Nu-Derm Toner, 6.7 Fl Oz Pack of 1||$43.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||Obagi Nu-Derm Toner 6.7 OZ Pack of 2||$86.00||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||Obagi Medical C-Balancing Toner, 6.7 Fl oz Pack of 1||$42.00||Buy on Amazon|
This one-of-a-kind combination of clear tone and skin repair formula is one of the best toners you will get in the market. It doubles as a perfect base for foundation without causing clogged pores or any breakouts. It also helps alleviate the roughness of skin and eliminates spots and blemishes. The presence of arbutin lightens any melanin deposition, thereby improving skin tone.
- Reduces pigmentation
- Excellent base for foundation
- Imparts a noticeable glow to the skin
- Easy to apply
- May make your skin feel gritty
|1|| ||Hada Labo Shirojyun Albutin Medicinal Whitening Toner, 170ml||$13.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||Rohto Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Lotion Shirojyun 170ml Skin Care JAPAN||$13.49||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||HADA LABO Premium Whitening Lotion (Rich) 170ml||$15.99||Buy on Amazon|
This non-greasy formula is one of the best products available in the market, which not only imparts luster to the skin but also hydrates it from deep within. Its clear formula quickly penetrates the skin allowing the dullness to fade away, thus providing an instant radiant glow.
The presence of carrot extracts and collagen restores the natural elasticity of your skin with regular use.
- Imparts an even glow to your skin
- Makes the skin supple and soft
- The extracts from carrot replenish the skin
- Provides a radiant glow
- Quite a watery consistency
This is a toner that women across the globe cannot get enough of—the reason being its composition, which includes natural minerals from the Onsen hot springs of Japan. The essential minerals bring longevity and repair skin cells, making your skin look replenished. This toner acts as an astringent that not only cleanses the skin but also reduces the size of the pores.
- Curated using natural minerals
- Moisturizes skin
- Restores the natural skin barrier
- Alkaline in nature aiding in skin revitalization
- Maintains the pH levels of the skin
- Long-term use prevents the appearance of wrinkles
- May not suit sensitive skin
This light serum formula is suitable for sensitive skin as it is devoid of added preservatives and chemicals. It absorbs instantly and offers a non-greasy to the skin surface. This product has no fragrance or artificial color and is completely alcohol and paraben-free. This toner has a moisturizing effect on skin, so you can use it right after you take off all your makeup.
- Can be used a base for foundation
- Protects against harmful chemicals present in makeup
- Absorbs easily and convenient to apply
- Suitable for all skin types
- Not suitable for dry skin
Say hello to flawless skin! This toner is a perfect base for dry skin as it moisturizes and improves skin tone. It is known to have a rejuvenating effect on skin that also restores the elasticity, making it supple and radiant. It acts as a cleansing agent that helps in getting rid of the impurities and unclogs pores. It balances the pH level of the skin and heals it by slowly replenishing the damaged cells.
- Restores elasticity
- Improves skin tone
- Hydrates dry skin
- Easy absorption
- Maintains pH balance of skin
- Feels light on skin
- Excessive use on sensitive skin might disturb the pH levels
Why Do We Need Japanese Toners
As discussed before, Japanese products not only help rejuvenate the skin but also replenishes the skin in the long run.
- Japanese toners have a watery texture that makes it easy to apply.
- Most toners are moisturizing in nature.
- These toners help in balancing out the pH levels of the skin resulting in less damage.
- Japanese toners effectively retain moisture of the skin.
- Most Japanese toners have a therapeutic effect on underlying skin issues like acne, open pores, sensitive spots, etc.
How To Choose The Best Japanese Toner
To choose the best Japanese toner, specific parameters should be taken into consideration:
- Opt for a non-greasy formula absorbs easily
- A toner which is light or airy provides the perfect base for any other steps in your skincare regime
- A Japanese toner with intense moisturizing nature is a good pick as it will not only protect the skin but also keep it hydrated
- A composition of hyaluronic acid is perfect for skin-replenishing purposes
- A toner containing ceramides is beneficial to achieve supple skin
- Certain Japanese toners are rich in linoleic acid that makes it suitable for acne-prone skin
- For excessively dry skin, Japanese toners infused with oleic acid should be chosen as it instantly hydrates dry skin
- A slightly acidic solution helps in getting even skin tone
- Japanese toners also contain ‘arbutin’ that can reduce the effects of melanin deposition
- A paraben-free and alcohol-free toner is good for your skin
So, now that we have discussed all these points, it is safe to say that you are ready to enjoy the many benefits of Japanese toners. These 9 products are hands down some of the best in the market and should definitely make their way into your skin care regime. So let us know which of these products you are most eager to try out. Leave us a comment below!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
What is the difference between Japanese and American toners?
Japanese toners use gentle and organic ingredients that look after your skin. But American toners might use more harsh chemicals that could prove to be detrimental for your skin.
What are the ingredients in a Japanese toner?
Usually, Japanese toners use a blend of chemical and natural components that are proven beneficial for your skin. However, some of the common ingredients that are found in a daily-use toner are glycerine, alcohol, collagen, hyaluronic acid, trehalose, etc.
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- 13 Best Vegan Blushes To One-Up Your Makeup Game With Buying Guide - December 3, 2020
- 9 Best Wave Hair Brushes You Definitely Need - November 3, 2020
- Beautify Your Eyes With The 11 Best tarte Eyeshadow Palettes Of 2020! - October 30, 2020
- 9 Best Anastasia Palettes That Will Look Good On Your Eyes This 2020 - October 28, 2020
- 15 Best Pink Lip Glosses You Need To Check Out Right Now - October 27, 2020