Whether you want to nourish your dry hands and feet or relieve pain in your elbows and knuckle joints, a paraffin wax bath can help you out like a pro. It is a wax treatment used to relieve pain from conditions like arthritis and osteoarthritis (1). The heat of the wax relaxes stiff joints and muscles. Paraffin wax bath is also used in manicure and pedicure to help you attain perfectly groomed hands and feet. This wax unit comes in different designs and sizes. To help you choose the best product, we have curated a list of the 10 best paraffin wax baths available on the market right now.
But first, let’s understand how paraffin wax baths work and their benefits.
What Is Paraffin Wax?
Paraffin is a colorless, solid wax consisting of hydrocarbon molecules. It is derived from petroleum, shale oil, and coal. It is often used for beauty and therapeutic purposes, the most common being cuticle care. Its therapeutic effects help relieve joint pain.
Different Methods Of Application Of Paraffin Wax
A paraffin wax bath is done using three standard methods:
1. The Dripping And Wrapping Method
It involves placing the affected body part in the paraffin bath for 2 to 3 seconds. This process is carried out 5 to 10 times until a thick layer of wax has formed on the surface of the skin. Then, the body part is wrapped in plastic and covered by a towel.
2. Brushing Method
In this method, 7 to 9 coats of wax are applied to the area using a paint brush. The area is then wrapped with a towel for 15 to 20 minutes before removing the hardened wax.
3. Prolonged Immersion Method
In this method, the affected body part is dipped in the wax once to form a single layer. Then, it is immersed for 15 minutes at a stretch.
Benefits Of Paraffin Wax Bath
- It helps relieve pain in the joints.
- It soothes irritated skin.
- It moisturizes and adds a radiant glow to your hands and feet.
- It helps soften dry and scaly skin.
- It relaxes stiff muscles and promotes blood circulation.
- It helps clear dead skin cells, making your skin look young and refreshed. To find out more about the benefits of paraffin wax baths, check out this article.
So, let’s check out the best paraffin wax baths available on the market right now!
Top 10 Paraffin Wax Baths To Buy In 2019
1. Revlon MoistureStay Quick Heat Paraffin Bath
Revlon MoistureStay Quick Heat Paraffin Bath melts wax in 60 minutes. The kit includes 3 lbs of scented wax, 2 thermal mitts, and 30 glove liners. It also has a dial to adjust the temperature of the wax. This quick heating and easy-to-use device includes everything you need in a starter pack.
- Variable temperature controls
- Heats up quickly
2. Dr. Scholl’s Quick Heat Paraffin Bath
This paraffin wax bath caters to issues ranging from irritated skin to arthritis. It also helps remove dead skin cells to reveal fresh and glowing skin. It has multiple temperature settings that you can adjust to suit your heat comfort level. It soothes bursitis, chronic inflammation, and arthritis pain. This paraffin wax bath also softens the skin on your hands, elbows, and feet.
- Melts in 60 minutes
- No burns
- The unit is big enough for the elbows.
[ Read: 10 Effective Herbs To Cure Arthritis ]
3. Salon Sundry Portable Electric Hot Paraffin Wax Warmer Spa Bath
This professional-grade paraffin wax bath features a large opening with ample room to dip your hands, feet, and elbows. The variable temperature control settings with a digital display allow precise control for wax meltdown. This device consists of a protective grill and a handle at the bottom of the tank for safe use.
- See-through lid
- Sleek design
- Short heat up time
- Easy to store
4. Therabath Professional Paraffin Wax Bath
This deep immersion paraffin wax spa can accommodate 6-9 lbs of wax. It is 25% deeper than other models. This anodized aluminum tank is lightweight and durable. It runs at a safe temperature range between 126°F-130°F. Also, the Therabath Professional Paraffin Wax is a residue-free wax. It is soft and pliable and offers total skin and body care.
- Safe and easy to use
- Premium quality
- Energy efficient
- Great price for the quality
5. Conair True Glow Thermal Paraffin Spa Moisturizing System
This portable paraffin wax bath is perfect for creating a spa-like experience in the comfort of your home. It is also sleek and easy to store. The kit includes 1 lb of unscented paraffin wax that melts in 90 minutes.
- Residue-free wax
- Attractive design
- Small container
6. HoMedics ParaSpa Plus Paraffin Bath
HoMedics ParaSpa Plus Paraffin Bath comes with 3 lbs of hypoallergenic, unscented wax and 20 liners. It has a ready light that alerts you when the wax is ready to use. It also features a safety system with a locking lid that prevents accidental spills. This device is sleek and easy to store.
- Softens skin
- Melts wax quickly
- No adjustable temperature settings
7. Satin Smooth Paraffin Bath Wax
This professional-grade paraffin wax bath can accommodate 6 lbs of paraffin wax. Its base is large enough to fit your hands, feet, or elbows comfortably. It offers complete temperature control with a ready light and an on/off button. Its rectangular base provides ample stability, and it also includes a secure-fit lid for safe use.
- Large room for wax
- Thermostatically-controlled heat
- Prevents burns
- No wax included
8. Theraband Parabath Paraffin Bath
This paraffin bath is an oversized tank that allows comfortable immersion of the hands, ankles, or elbows. It is made of stainless steel with a layer of insulation on the outer surface to help retain heat. The kit includes 6 lbs of unscented paraffin wax. It also has a thermostatically-controlled temperature range of 126°F-134°F.
- Safe to use
- Melts the wax quickly
- Provides instant relief
9. Relassy Violet Paraffin Wax Warmer Kit
This professional paraffin wax bath has a large opening with a depth of 4.4 inches. It can accommodate 3000 mL of paraffin wax. The kit includes two packs of scented wax (450 g). The protective insulating grid of this device allows you to dip your hands or feet without burning them. It also has a temperature control range from 140° F-176° F (60° C-80° C). This paraffin bath kit includes 50 glove liners, 2 thermal mitts, 2 thermal booties, an insulating grid, and a brush.
- Easy to use
- Comes with additional accessories
- Peach-flavored paraffin wax
- Brittle plastic
10. Waxwel Paraffin Wax Bath Unit
WaxWel Paraffin Wax Bath Unit can hold up to 6 lbs of paraffin wax. The device comes with a lid and a heat-resistant grill. The operating temperature range of this paraffin bath is 125° F-134° F. It has a large opening that can accommodate a maximum foot size of 12.5. This kit includes 100 plastic hand and foot liners, a terry cloth mitt, a terry cloth bootie, and six blocks of 1 lb wax.
- Maintains ideal temperature
- Lightweight and portable
- Includes additional accessories
- Availability issues
When you are shopping for a paraffin wax bath, there are a few points that you need to consider. Check them out below!
Things To Consider Before Buying A Paraffin bath
Since wax has a low melting point, it does not require very high temperature to melt. Therefore, pick a wax bath with a low temperature range of 125° F-135° F. This will prevent your hands and feet from burning.
- Melting Time
If you plan on using the bath frequently, choose a device with a short melting time. While some devices take 1.5 to 2 hours to melt the wax completely, others can take 4 to 5 hours to do so. Also, note that the smaller the device, the shorter the melting time.
- Scent Of The Wax
If you have sensitive skin, we recommend you to use unscented paraffin wax. It does not cause any irritation to your skin. However, if your skin is not sensitive to fragrances, you can select the ones that interest you.
Now that you know everything you need to know about paraffin wax baths, what are you waiting for? Pick your favorite from the ones listed above, try it out, and let us know about your experience in the comments section below.
- 10 Best Bath Salts To Buy In 2019
- 15 Best Bath Bombs To Try Out In 2019
- 10 Best Bath Oils To Buy in 2019
- 10 Best Bubble Baths (Our Selection for 2019)
Latest posts by Pooja Karkala (see all)
- 10 Best Ice Packs For Knee Pain – Reviews And Buying Guide - July 22, 2019
- 10 Best Teeth Whitening Products For Pearly White Teeth – Buying Guide And Reviews - June 28, 2019
- 10 Best Heating Pads For Neck, Back, And Shoulder Pain - June 26, 2019
- 10 Best Epilators Of 2019 You Need To Check Out – Reviews And Buying Guide - June 26, 2019
- 8 Best Breathing Exercise Machines To Buy In 2019 - June 17, 2019