People with braided hair often lookout for the best dry shampoo for braids as it is nearly impossible to maintain them without dry shampoo. Braids and dry shampoo have an almost co-dependent or symbiotic relationship. It helps keep your braids fresh and clean, removes the excess oil and moistures, and nourishes them to make you look like a boss! Unlike other hairstyles, you don’t need to wash your braids with water that often. But, when you do wash them, it is better to use dry shampoo to do so. Apart from maintaining your braids, these dry shampoos are convenient to carry when traveling. We’ve got you covered if you are wondering which is the best dry shampoo for braids. Go check our list of the top 5 dry shampoos for braids.
Top 5 Dry Shampoos For Braid Lovers Out There!
Be it dirt, oil, or grease— it stands no chance against this organic dry shampoo and volume powder! Formulated to be tough on impurities and gentle on your scalp and tresses, it cleanses and leaves your hair feeling as good as freshly washed hair. Also, it claims to add volume and body to your mane too. So, if you have thin hair or are dealing with hair loss, this organic dry shampoo will make your tresses look healthier and luscious instantly. Give it a try!
- USDA-certified and cruelty-free dry shampoo
- Absorbs odor, sweat, and oil
- Protects natural color and prevents over-drying
- Paraben-free, gluten-free, non-GMO, and sulfate-free
- Suitable for dark, raven-colored, and brunette hair types
- It may not dispense evenly.
This dry shampoo helps fight dandruff, dryness, and itchiness, all at the same time! Infused with herbal ingredients like sweet basil and lavender oil, it eliminates itchiness and odor like a dream, thus leaving you with bouncy, fresh, and fragranced hair. Also, a great option for dry itchy scalp with braids or locks, all you have to do is apply generously on the scalp, let it sit for 60 seconds, and then clean it with a damp cloth for the best results. Too easy to be true? Give it a try to witness the bliss of effortlessly clean hair! Check out the review of this product on YouTube to know why it is one of the best out there.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Cleanses hair and scalp quickly
- Soothes scalp and removes impurities
- Ideal for both men and women
- It may be slightly drying.
Whether you have braids, weaves, updos, crochets, or any other protective styles, here’s a shampoo that promises to keep your hairstyle tip-top and beautiful! Formulated to deliver the magic for 3 that is repairing, strengthening, and conditioning, you don’t have to worry about ruining your protective styles with this dry gel shampoo. Want more? The formula is infused with avocado, witch hazel, bamboo, and peppermint, which are all hair-friendly ingredients and will keep the dirt and odor out of your tresses. Why miss it?
- Organic-infused dry shampoo for braids and twists
- Absorbs sweat, oil, and grease
- Cleanses and refreshes effortlessly
- Ensures to be gentle on the hair and scalp
- Suitable for dry to natural hair types
- Not ideal if you are sensitive to smell
No products found.
Not a fan of the white or grey residue after applying a dry shampoo? Then you must try Batiste Dry Shampoo. Formulated for dark hair and with a hint of color, it blends effortlessly with your tresses without leaving white or grey spots. And other than this, it cleanses, refreshes, purifies, and adds volumes to your hair, so you don’t miss your hair wash for days! Also, it’s great for traveling, gym, and office use too. Try it!
- Removes oil, grease, or dirt
- Fight impurities at the roots
- Enhances hair texture and strengthens the scalp
- Revitalizes lifeless and dull hair
- Suitable for all hair types
- It may leave a stain on the hands or scalp.
Lastly, this organic-rich, no-rinse foam cleanser that’ll make you want to flaunt your braids at every chance you get! Giving you the confidence to show off your hairstyle without worrying about odor, grease, or dirt— this scalp cleanser for braids also doubles up as a hair growth treatment. And, it gets even better as it is super mild and contains jojoba oil, carrot seed oil, and ucuuba butter to not only cleanse but also nourish your locks inside out. Still, want to miss it? In this YouTube video, you will find a detailed review of this product.
- Waterless shampoo for braids
- Safe for all protective styles
- Refresh and cleanses thoroughly
- Ultra-hydrating and conditioning
- Suitable for dry and all other hair textures
- Applying excess may leave your hair greasy
For the love of braids, get a dry shampoo today! There you go, those were the 5 best dry shampoos for braids you must try in 2022. And if you are wondering how to use it, we’ve explained the steps in our buying guide below.
How To Use Dry Shampoo For Braids?
It may vary on the type of dry shampoo you are using. You can either brush it out or cleanse it with a damp cloth. Here are some simple steps for you:
- Apply it generously on the scalp and tresses or areas where you feel the dirt, oil build-up, or grease.
- Let it sit for a minute.
- Next, you can brush it out with a hair brush or wipe it gently with a damp cloth for the best results.
Go on, braid your hair carefree, and leave the maintenance to the expert (dry shampoo, of course!). Turning out to be a godsend for those who enjoy protective styles, get ready to be astonished by results if you’ve never used a dry shampoo before! With 5 top options of 2022 lined up in our list for you, pick yours and get ready to be the braided beauty you are (effortlessly!).
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Vaishnavi Kothuri, is a hair care fiend who loves discovering products that transform your locks from drab to healthy and beautiful. She studied many reviews to bring you this list of the best dry shampoos for braids. She chose these products because they absorb excess oil, sweat and dirt, and have additional benefits like color protection and scalp soothing properties.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Dry Shampoo Good For Braids?
Yes, absolutely! When your braids feel flat and dull, you can use dry shampoo to refresh, cleanse, and tighten them without opening. Plus, these dry shampoos will add a sweet scent to your braids too.
Does Dry Shampoo Work On Braids?
Yes, it does. Dry shampoo can eliminate the grease, dirt, excess sebum, or any build-up effortlessly without disturbing the braids or any other protective style.
Is It Okay to Braid Your Hair After A Shower?
Yes, it is safe to braid your hair after a shower. However, since the roots are fragile when damp, you need to take extra care while braiding the hair to avoid breaking or harming the scalp.
Do You Wash Your Hair When You Get Crochet Braids?
Yes, for the crochet braids to last longer than just a few weeks, you must cleanse the scalp and hair a few times. Hence, dry shampoo is advised to make the task effortless, and your braids to last longer than usual.
- Best Drugstore Dry Shampoos
- Best Non-Aerosol Dry Powder Shampoos That You Can Try
- Best Dry Shampoos For Blonde Hair
- Best Dry Shampoo Foams Available Right Now