Eyeliner is something that instantly adds to the glam quotient of your makeup. But trying to find an eyeliner that works best on your skin type and eyes is almost as hard as finding the right type of jeans that fit you like a second skin! There are plenty of factors to keep in mind before picking out an eyeliner. It should be waterproof, easy to apply, and long-lasting. But once you find an eyeliner that works best for you, you’d know better to keep it close. The skin on your eyelids can be very sensitive, and it is super important to take care of them.
To put an end to this struggle, we’ve put together a list of 13 eyeliners that could work in your favor. With the right kind of pigmentation and long-lasting formulas, nothing can stop you from getting that flawless winged look this 2020.
Read on to discover these stunning eyeliners for your sensitive eyes.
How To Choose An Eyeliner For Sensitive Eyes
- Opt for eyeliners that have little to no use of toxic ingredients.
- Pick smudge-proof eyeliners.
- Eyeliners that have a lightweight formulation work well for sensitive eyes.
- Look for eyeliners that are heavily pigmented so it won’t leave your eyes dry.
- Waterproof eyeliners are always a YES.
- Vegan eyeliners are also a great fit as they are free from harmful ingredients that could bother sensitive eyes.
- Pigmented eyeliners are a great choice as it will stay for long hours without drying out your eyes.
Let us now take a look at some of the products we have compiled for you.
13 Best Eyeliners For Sensitive Eyes
1. Maybelline New York Master Precise All Day Liquid Liner
This no-smudge liquid eyeliner from Maybelline is truly a blessing in disguise. We have not one but several reasons as to why we think it is great. This smudge-proof eyeliner helps you #wingit and make a bold fashion statement. With an intense color, it gives you that fun, bold, and dramatic look. You can create maximum eye definition with this super pigmented eyeliner from Maybelline. For someone who has sensitive skin, the compounds used to formulate this eyeliner are mild and never leave your eyes feeling dry.
- Super pigmented for a long-lasting look
- Mild formulation
- Smooth flow of the pen
- Takes about 3-4 minutes to dry out
2. NaturLash Mineral Mascara (BLACK) | Natural | Non-GMO | Hypoallergenic for Sensitive Eyes
Natural products are your skin’s best friend. With a silky smooth feel, this eyeliner draws out your wing with nothing but perfection. It is vegan and is made using ingredients that soothe your eyes. It is the trusted choice of women all over the world, owing to its non-toxic blend of ingredients that suit sensitive eyes. This long-lasting eyeliner helps you create dramatic and glamorous looks with ease. This product is gluten, mercury, paraben, petroleum as well as dye-free. It is natural all the way, and yet makes you look ravishing!
- Smooth pencil for a defined wing
- Has a soothing effect on eyes
- Lightweight formula
- Not pigmented enough
- Lasts for about 5-6 hours only
3. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner
This eyeliner by Stila is nothing but #goals. With eight different shades to choose from, this eyeliner is a must-have for women who have trouble finding the right eyeliner for their skin. It is smudge-proof, and the tip of its pen draws out the perfect wing. This pencil liner is suitable for women who wear contact lenses and is richly pigmented. Stila’s eyeliner is known for great pigmentation that won’t ever leave your eyes feeling dry or agitated. Another plus point of this eyeliner is that it is waterproof, so it won’t fade in humid conditions. Use it to create the quintessential smoky-eye look for the cocktail party you have been looking forward to!
- Suitable for contact lens wearers
- Richly pigmented
- Smooth pencil lining
- Lasts for about 4-5 hours only
4. Better’n Ur Eyes Natural Eyeliner Pencil
If you are looking out for something that is easy to use as well as pocket-friendly, this eyeliner is it. Not only does it help line your eyes precisely, but it has just the right amount of pigmentation to last up to about 4-5 hours. It is handy and is composed of healing oils that nourish the skin on your eyelids. Its major component is castor oil, which is great for sensitive eyes. Made in the USA, you’ll love how smoothly it applies over your eyes. Hurry up, grab this product, and give it a try!
- Composed of natural ingredients like castor oil
- Perfect for sensitive skin
- Not smudge-proof as it is oil-based
5. Julep When Pencil Met Gel Long-Lasting Eyeliner
Applying eyeliner while wearing contacts could be quite tricky. The Julep When Pencil Met Gel Long-Lasting Eyeliner has a fantastic formula created especially for sensitive eyes. It comes in plenty of fun and quirky shades that you could line your eyes with to achieve a look that will make you stand out in the crowd! This eyeliner is richly pigmented and sets into your skin in under 30 seconds. Another cool feature of this eyeliner is that it lasts for over 10 hours without smudging. The tip is super smooth and glides on your skin to create the desired look.
- Lasts for over 10 hours
- Glides over your skin smoothly
6. Blinc Extreme Longwear Liquid Eyeliner
Blinc is a brand that many makeup artists are fond of. Their products provide a professional salon-finished look. With five bold shades, Blinc Extreme Longwear Liquid Eyeliner is something you can pick if you have sensitive eyes. It is made using a natural formula blended with castor oil that helps soothe your skin. This eyeliner has a super thin liner tip that enables you to create the desired look with precision and ease. It is highly pigmented, smudge-proof, as well as fade-proof.
- Long-lasting formula
- High pigmentation
- Oil-based eyeliner
7. Clinique Quickliner For Eyes Intense
Clinique is a well-known brand that is adored by plenty of makeup artists and enthusiasts. This eyeliner helps you achieve an intense smokey eye look. The formula used to create this eyeliner is super-soft and mild on your skin. The tip is designed to enable easy application and create just about any look under the sun!
- Smooth application
- Mild on skin
- Not smudge-proof
8. Almay Eyeliner Pencil Top of the Line
Almay eyeliner pencil is a good option. This eyeliner is available in four shades and can create some really fun, quirky looks. It is richly pigmented and infused with vitamin E that does not leave your eyes feeling dry. Its tip is super smooth to help you line your eyes with utmost precision. This eyeliner works well on all skin types.
- Infused with vitamin E
- Heavily pigmented to avoid dry eyes
- Affordably priced
- Smudges easily
- Lasts for about 4-5 hours
9. INIKA Certified Organic Eye Pencil, All Natural Eyeliner Pencil. Non-Toxic and Chemical Free
INIKA’s Non-Toxic Eyeliner Pencil is 100% natural, organic, and cruelty-free. This rich, creamy texture smoothly glides over your skin to create an exceptional wing. As it is completely chemical-free, this eyeliner works best on sensitive skin and does not leave it dry, agitated, or irritated. You can bid adieu to smudgy eyeliners and hello to some sassy winged eyes. This eyeliner is also vegan. The pigmentation used to create this eyeliner is quite rich and offers a great color pay-off, so you won’t have to worry about constant touch-ups.
- Richly pigmented
- Lasts for 5-6 hours
10. La Roche-Posay Respectissime Eyeliner
La Roche-Posay Respectissime Eyeliner is something you would want to opt for if you have sensitive eyes. With ingredients that are mild, smudge-free, and soft, this eyeliner lasts for a long time without making your eyes feel dry and itchy. It comes with a felt-tip and is fragrance-free and allergy-tested.
- Formulated using natural wax
- Allergy tested and fragrance-free
11. Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum
This eyeliner is truly a game-changer! With its long-lasting, lightweight formula, the ingredients used in this are mild on your skin. This eyeliner in no way bothers your eyes if they are sensitive. It also has a sharp nib that helps you draw out your wings perfectly. Albeit a little heavy on the pocket, the Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner+Serum is worth every penny spent and is safe for use on sensitive skin.
- Suitable for all skin types
12. SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner #1 Matte Black
Oh, we love this brand, don’t we? A waterproof, smudge-proof formula that makes your eyeliner last for long hours without fading away. Its matt black definition creates a stunning and bold look. We’re sure you won’t be left disappointed. This eyeliner from Sephora is curated to suit all skin types. Create the perfect intense look for your date night and woo your significant other, all over again!
- Matt black
13. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Epic Ink Liner
NYX is a fun, quirky brand that you must try if you are a makeup lover. This eyeliner is bold, intense, and comes in an intense black shade that makes it all the more exciting to create dramatic looks! This eyeliner is great for sensitive eyes and is smudge-free. Another great feature of this liner is that it won’t leave your eyes feeling dry or itchy. So hurry up and get your hands on this product from your nearest store!
- Intense black shade
- Works well on sensitive eyes
- Lasts for about 5-6 hours
Now that we have seen the 13 best eyeliners for sensitive eyes, let us delve deeper into knowing how eyeliners affect sensitive skin.
How Does Eyeliner Affect Sensitive Eyes And Eyelids
While we love how stunning eyeliners look, women with sensitive eyes could be affected by it. There are high chances that eyeliners can irritate your eyes and compromise your vision. Since it is applied just above your eyelid, it can quite easily slip inside your eye, especially if it is not smudge-proof. This can cause discomfort, irritation, and itchiness to sensitive eyes. Therefore it is of high importance that you pick up eyeliners that have high pigmentation yet are skin-friendly.
Eye Makeup Tips For Sensitive Eyes
Here are a few tips for eye makeup for sensitive eyes:
- Cleanse your eyes before and after applying eye makeup.
- Opt for products that are toxin-free and skin-friendly.
- Eyeliners composed of natural ingredients and oils will be mild on your skin while also nourishing it.
- If your eyes start to get dry or itchy, a dab of rose water on your eyelids can help relieve the irritation.
These are some of the eyeliners we put together for you. These liners will help you amp up your style game by achieving fun, bold, and trendy looks instantly. However, it is crucial that you pick out eyeliners that you know will work best for your skin type. Let us know in the comment box below which of these eyeliners you’d like to try.
Latest posts by Nooraine Firdouse (see all)
- 13 Best Eyeliners For Sensitive Eyes - February 24, 2020
- 15 Best Alcohol-Free Hair Spray Of 2020 - February 14, 2020
- 15 Best Black Skinny Jeans You Need To Get Your Hands On - January 23, 2020
- 10 Best Unisex Fragrances to Shop This Season – 2020 - January 23, 2020
- 11 Matching Watches That You Can Flaunt With Your Better Half - December 31, 2019