Though curls and waves look sensual and gorgeous on everyone, they can be pretty hard to maintain at times. Therefore, using hot tools is mandatory to get ultra-smooth and sleek hair. Besides, you also need the best hair straightening products, such as shampoos and conditioners, to maintain the shine and style of your hair. These styling and straightening products are beneficial to tame frizzy and unmanageable manes. They also protect your hair from the damaging effects of the heating tools and keep them nourished.
Hair straightening products are packed with powerful ingredients like silicone and keratin that improve overall hair texture. But, while using these products, you need to be mindful of the fact that using them in excessive quantities might weigh down your tresses and make them sticky and greasy. To help you achieve sleek, straight hair, we have reviewed some of the best hair straightening products. Check them out!
In This Article
13 Best Hair Straightening Products Of 2022
1. Best Anti-Frizz Properties: L’Oréal Paris SLEEK IT Iron Straight Heatspray
If you are someone who does not wash their hair everyday and use a flat iron on a regular basis, this product is great for you. It offers 450°F heat protection, so just apply a dime size amount on your hair and then use your heat styling tool. This L’Oréal Paris SLEEK IT Iron Straight Heatspray will protect your hair from heat damage while ensuring smoothness.
- Calms frizz
- Seals in shine
- Blocks humidity
- Style lasts three days
- Does not leave residue
- May be a bit drying
2. Best For Hair Volume: TYMO RING Hair Straightener Brush
Tired of spending long hours before the mirror to straighten your hair? Well, with a 60-second fast heat-up technology, this TYMO RING Hair Straightener Brush offers you straight hair with lots of volume. This straightener brush has an anti-scald design, preventing incidents of burning and electricity shocks. This product comes with a pair of hair clips, gloves, and a travel bag.
- Auto-off in 30 minutes
- 360° swivel power cord
- Less breakage and frizz
- Five heat settings for different hair types (266°F to 410°F)
- May not work well on wet hair
3. Best Long-Lasting Effect: BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Straightening Iron
This BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Straightening Iron glides on easily on the most unruly hair locks and smoothens them with a single pass. The advanced titanium plating technology, along with its ultra-slim and lightweight styling, make this product an attractive buy. It has heat settings ranging from 50°F to 450°F. The 5-inch extended plate ensures that the iron straightens your hair faster.
- Great for thick hair
- Longer-lasting style
- Works on damp hair
- Resistant to corrosion
- A bit expensive
4. Best For Wet Hair: JOHN FRIEDA Frizz Ease
Formulated with keratin, this product protects your hair from heat damage when you use a flat iron. Depending on the volume of your curls, hair length, and thickness, spray the product on and spread it evenly with a comb. Start with 7 to 15 sprays, and then see if you need more. It would be ideal to use the product on wet or damp hair. Once you’ve combed, blow-dry your hair straight, and just use a flat iron to get the look you want.
- Smells wonderful
- Style lasts three days
- Makes hair more manageable
- May not be suitable for dry hair
5. Best Paraben-Free Formula: Garnier Fructis Style Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist
This Garnier Fructis Style Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist not only protects your hair from the heat damage of the flat iron but also from environmental heat and humidity. Infused with argan oil, this mist can protect hair from heat up to 450° F. It is compatible with all hair types. Just lightly mist your strands of hair and use the flat iron through it for a smooth and sleek style. For best results, you can blow-dry your hair before applying the product.
- Tames frizzy hair
- Seals in lasting shine
- Style lasts for 48 hours
- May make hair texture a bit coarse
6. Best Oil-Free Formula: TIGI Bed Head Control Freak Serum
Fight the frizz and tame your curls with this TIGI Bed Head Control Freak Serum. Even if you don’t have curly hair but are just looking for some frizz control, this serum will help. Apply the product on wet hair and let the formula do its de-frizzing magic. Just use a comb right after and then use a flat iron to straighten your lovely hair locks.
- Adds lovely shine
- Style may not hold all day long.
7. Best Cruelty-Free: Natural Formula Keratin Intense Pro Straight
Enriched with pure keratin and pentanol, this hair treatment mask repairs damaged hair by rebuilding and restructuring your hair strands to offer silky-smooth hair texture. Just apply this product before styling as it detangles hair and hydrates it. This Natural Formula Keratin Intense Pro Straight retains your straightened style three times longer than regular products.
- Natural formula
- Sodium chloride salt-free
- The smell may be a bit strong for a few.
8. Best Salon-Like Finish: SHISEIDO H1 Crystallizing Straight H Straightener And Neutralizing Cream
Looking to get parlor-style permanently straightened hair finish at home? We’ve got you! This SHISEIDO H1 Crystallizing Straight H Straightener and Neutralizing Cream ensures to give you straight, sleek, and manageable hair in just two steps. Of course, you have to remember that this is a permanent straightening solution, so it is advisable to consult a stylist on the procedure to use these products, or you could just follow the instructions on the back of the packaging.
- Salon-style hair finish
- Improves feel and shine
- Works on color-treated hair
- Affordable solution to permanent straightening
- Risky outcome if you don’t follow procedure strictly.
9. Best Humidity Resistance: Brazillian Blowout Thermal Straightening Balm
This super-nutrient balm with acai extracts is a strong heat-activated formula that straightens your curls while also protecting them from heat damage during styling. It forms a protective protein coat around your hair to smoothen and seal cuticles. This allows for healthy growth and strengthens your strands.
- Tames frizzy hair
- Offers radiant shine
- Resistant to humidity
- Protects hair from damage
- May make your hair a bit oily
10. Best For Color-Treated Hair: Herstyler THE NEW Evolution
This hair straightening serum is infused with aloe vera extracts, argan oil, and is rich in vitamin E. Aloe vera renews shine and makes your hair soft, while argan oil repairs dry and damaged hair. And the vitamin E in the formula nourishes hair follicles for better growth. Touch-up your hair with this serum before and after straightening to reduce fluffiness and seal split ends.
- Conditions hair
- Non-greasy formula
- Great for everyday use
- Works on color-treated hair
- The fragrance may be a bit overwhelming for a few.
11. Best Nourishment: GIOVANNI Straight Fast Straightening Elixir
This gel is made from organic botanical extracts and oils. It straightens even the unruliest of hair, smoothens curls, and gives you sleek and silky straight hair. If you are worried about traveling when it is humid, just apply some of this formula on your strands to protect your hair. This GIOVANNI Straight Fast Straightening Elixir has omega fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants that nourish your hair for healthy growth.
- No artificial colors
- Recyclable packaging
- No sulfates and parabens
- May be a bit drying
12. Best For Curls: L’ANZA Healing Smooth
If you aren’t a fan of chemical straighteners, then try L’ANZA Healing Smooth. Unlike other products that are loaded with chemicals, this balm does not break the disulfide bonds within your hair to make it straight. It instead increases strength in your strands. This balm contains Coix seeds that improves flexibility without any breakage and Mangosteen fruit extract that lends your hair a beautiful sheen.
- Calms curls
- Conditions hair
- Renders radiant shine
- May leave residue on hair
13. Best Gluten-Free Formula: PHYTO Phytodéfrisant Botanical Straightening Balm
Humidity making your hair go crazy? Or looking to style your curls into sleek straight and shiny hair for an evening party? Give this PHYTO Phytodéfrisant Botanical Straightening Balm a try. It is lightweight and does not make your hair oily. It loosens your curls and moisturizes them, allowing you to straighten with your choice of styling iron. This plant-based formula lends your hair volume and bounce.
- Free of sulfates and parabens
- May not work on dry hair
How To Take Care Of Straightened Hair At Home
Here are a few things you can do to keep your straightened hair smooth and sleek.
- Serum: Invest in a good quality leave-in serum for a smooth hair look. Rub a few drops of it on your palms and evenly apply it on your hair for a silky finish.
- Boar bristles brush: Plastic bristle brush can damage your hair, causing it to split and break. Instead, it would be advisable to use a round nylon and boar bristles brush, which will not create tension in your straightened hair locks.
- Hair oil: Apply a drop of smoothing oil to keep the humidity and frizz at bay after you have straightened your hair. You can use either coconut or argan oil.
- Hair clips: Clip your hair neatly to avoid damage during travel. You can undo it, once you reach your destination.
- Avoid the rain: If it looks like it is going to rain, carry an umbrella, because it could easily ruin your perfectly straightened hair.
Straight hair looks spectacular. Hair straightening is loved by many girls, particularly when taking care of the deadly curls becomes time-consuming and challenging. So, they use various hot styling tools to achieve the desired look. But, these heating tools are not the only solution. Besides these tools, several other hair straightening products also promote the transformation of the look. Whether it is a serum, hair spray, or straightening mist, each product has its beauty and comes as a blessing to the beauty industry. So, invest in these non-damaging products to tame your frizzy hair, add shine to it, and keep it safe from heat damage. However, restrain from using those hair straightening products that turn your hair greasy.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Kirtana Divakar, the author, is an ardent fan of haircare. She keeps up with the trends that are in vogue and feels satisfaction in bringing the foremost products for her users. She conducted a detailed study and composed this list of the leading hair straightening products for her readers. These products keep your hair smooth, frizz-free, and nourished.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are hair straightening products safe?
Not all. Also, something that would work for your friend may not work for you. Try to experiment with organic formulas, understand your hair’s needs, and avoid overloading it with too many products.
Can I straighten my hair every day?
If you wish to straighten your hair every day, then you may want to look at permanent straightening options. While it helps to use balms and serums as heat protectants whenever you straighten your hair, if you are doing it every day, you may want to consider alternative options.
Is there a shampoo that straightens hair?
Yes, there are several hair straightening shampoos in the market. Depending on how intense your curls are, you should try them out.
Can the hair be straightened permanently?
Yes. You can chemically treat your hair to keep it straight for months or until the new hair starts growing. Most hair salons offer such treatments. There are also several DIY tutorials online that you can follow if you are doing it at home.
- 10 Best Hair Straightening Shampoos 2021
- How To Do Hair Straightening At Home?
- Best Hair Straightening Brushes For Beautifully Styled Hair
- Top Wella Hair Straightening Creams
- Best Products For Straight Hair That Is Full Of Life