13 Best Hair Gels for Women In 2023
Style your hair with ease and keep it set perfectly in place without losing any volume.
Sometimes it feels like the hair gel industry is quite sexist and makes hair gels for men and completely ignores women. Even women have hair and want to know which is the best hair gel for women! It’s not like women slather a ton of hair gel all over their hair and slickly pull their hair back. No, they need it for emergency purposes when their perfect hairdo is at the risk of being ruined by a dreadful wind. They need it when regardless of how much they iron their hair, it just refuses to yield and can be fixed by a small dab of hair gel. Women also require hair gel. To know the best hair gel for women on the market, check out the list now!
- 1 Best Weightless Gel Ecoco Eco Olive Oil Styling Gel Ecoco Eco Olive Oil Styling Gel Eco Styler PRICE ON AMAZON Read More › PRICE ON AMAZON
- 2 Best For Curly Hair SoftSheen Letâs Jam Condition & Shine Gel Softsheen Let’s Jam $3.53 ON AMAZON Read More › $3.53 ON AMAZON
- 3 Best Non-Greasy Formula Kinky-Curly Original Curling Custard Gel Kinky Curly $18.49 ON AMAZON Read More › $18.49 ON AMAZON
- 4 Best For Coarse Hair SexyHair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel Sexy Hair $18.95 ON AMAZON Read More › $18.95 ON AMAZON
- 5 Best For Straight Hair Pantene Flexible Wave Gel Pantene $14.96 ON AMAZON Read More › $14.96 ON AMAZON
- 6 Best For Short To Medium Hair Aveda Confixor Liquid Gel Aveda Confixor Liquid Gel $29.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $29.99 ON AMAZON
- 7 Alcohol-Free Formula TRESemmÃ© TRES Hair Styling Gel Tresemmé $4.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $4.99 ON AMAZON
- 8 Best Paraben-Free FRAGFRE Hair Styling Gel Fragfre $28.89 ON AMAZON Read More › $28.89 ON AMAZON
- 9 Best For Long-Lasting Hold OUIDAD Advanced Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel Ouidad $26.0 ON AMAZON Read More › $26.0 ON AMAZON
- 10 Best Quick Drying Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel Herbal Essences $35.64 ON AMAZON Read More › $35.64 ON AMAZON
In This Article
Top 13 Best Hair Gels for Women Styling In 2023
Best Weightless Gel:Ecoco Eco Olive Oil Styling Gel
Powered by the enriching nutrients of olive oil, this hair gel will hold your hair back and sleek all day long. Whether you want to use it for styling or to manage your hair, its holding power is no joke. Suitable for natural, wavy, curly, or ethnic tresses— it claims to tame the flyaways and give an enviable definition to the curls too. Also, the infused olive oil makes sure your scalp and strands stay nourished and conditioned all the time. Gel up, ladies with Eco! Check out this video to learn more.
- Weightless gel
- Adds shine and softness
- Strengthens the scalp and hair
- Easy to apply and wash off
- It has a pleasant minty fragrance.
- It may flake.
Best For Curly Hair:SoftSheen Letâs Jam Condition & Shine Gel
The only gel you need to get “extra” control over your hair! Let’s Jam claims to have a powerful hold with its micro-emulsion technology. Adding shine and definition to no matter what style you create; this gel is also intensely conditioning. And to top it all, it ensures 3 times less breakage and a flake-free hold for textured hair too. Do you think you can handle the sleekness? Watch this video for more information about the product.
- Tames frizz and flyaways
- Ensures smoother, sleek, and shiny hair
- Suitable to apply on dry and wet hair
- Ideal for natural, relaxed, transitioning, wavy, and curly hair
- It contains no wax or drying alcohol.
- It may be slightly greasy.
Best Non-Greasy Formula:Kinky-Curly Original Curling Custard Gel
Don’t hide those beautiful curls and waves; make them flaunt-worthy with Kinky-Curly! With the formula being ultra-moisturizing with superior hold, it provides deep nourishment and also adds a stunning definition to your hair. Watch your tresses go from unruly to classy, no matter how you style it. And to lead you in on its best feature, this curling custard gel claims to last all day long! Still, want to miss it? This video helps you know more about the product.
- Non-greasy gel for curly hair
- Non-drying and non-crunchy
- Protects dry and damaged hair
- Lengthens curls and eliminates frizz
- Weightless and will reduce bulkiness
- Suitable for wavy, and kinky hair
- Hair may feel sticky
4. Best Long-Lasting:Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel
The Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel offers a strong grip for a long time without weighing your tresses down. It contains a non-sticky, non-crunchy solution that adds shine to your hair without leaving any residue. The aloe extract in the formula controls greasiness and protects your hair from UV damage. Acacia gum soothes the scalp and offers vibrancy to your tresses. The formula also contains active fruit protein, citrus protein, and vitamins B3 and B6, that offer strengthening properties. This natural-holding gel makes it easy to achieve the ideal look without any mess.
- Offers UV protection
Best For Coarse Hair:SexyHair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel
Don’t just blow dry your hair— add volume, and a touch of gorgeousness with SexyHair Volumizing Blow Dry Gel! Giving you a fresh and salon-worthy look for up to 72 hours, get ready to handle some envy stares and wows wherever you go. Providing a medium hold and resisting humidity like a shield, this hair gel by SexyHair is a must-try if you prefer a blow-dried look for special events.
- Provides thermal protection
- Smoothens and improves manageability
- Makes hair look healthier and shiny
- Ideal for dry, curly, coarse, and frizzy hair
- Slightly sticky
Best For Straight Hair:Pantene Flexible Wave Gel
Who doesn’t like a natural bounce in their curls? And Pantene’s Flexible Wave Gel is now making it possible with its non-sticky formula! Leaving curls manageable, springy, and soft with every use, its sculpting power is making users flaunt their natural curls confidently. Also, the formula ensures a powerful hold, so your hair stays styled and defined all day long. Yep, add it to your collection today!
- Strong hair gel with pro-v formula
- Adds smoothness and softness
Protects from damage and moisturizes
- Tames frizz and flyaways
- Suitable for curly, wavy, and straight hair
- Takes longer to dry
- Strong fragrance
Best For Short To Medium Hair:Aveda Confixor Liquid Gel
Do you have medium to fine hair? Then Aveda Confixor Liquid Gel will be ideal for you. Considering it is a liquid gel, it is lightweight and won’t weigh your hair down and make them look limp and scanty. Infused with morikue protein, the formula also deep conditions and strengthens your tresses to look healthier and flawless. A great choice for those who are looking for a medium-hold hair gel, this easy-to-use bottle will not disappoint.
- Improves texture and manageability
- Defines the curls and waves
- Adds shine and softness
- Suitable for short to medium hair
- Thin consistency
8. Best Hydrating Formula:Moroccanoil Styling Gel
The Moroccanoil Styling Gel Strong is a professional beauty product which comes with a flexible, long-lasting grip, and the absence of any crunchy or sticky texture. This hydrating styling gel, which is packed with argan oil, offers a firm hold for achieving sleek or structured locks with a flake-free finish. It has an enticing fragrance and is both enduring and alluring. You can apply this gel over dry or damp hair to style it well.
- Long-lasting hold
- Flake-free finish
- Leaves hair soft, smooth, and healthier
Alcohol-Free Formula:TRESemmÃ© TRES Hair Styling Gel
Lock in the style, and keep out the humidity with Tresemme Tres Gel this 2023! Holding your style in place all day long, you can go about confidently without having to worry about static hair or flyaways. Also, the formula is alcohol-free, which means no drying effect whatsoever! And are your tresses feeling dull and lifeless lately? This gel claims to add a luminous and salon-worthy shine too. So, if shine and full-day control are what you are looking for, then this gel is a must-try for you!
- Non-sticky clean styling gel
- Makes hair soft and manageable
- Ensures no frizz, crunch, or stiffness
- Ideal for professional styling
- Suitable for all hair types
- It may flake.
Best Paraben-Free:FRAGFRE Hair Styling Gel
For a family that loves to stay in style, this hair gel would be a great addition. So, if you are looking for a hair gel for your partner or your li’l one, FRAGFRE hair gel is hypoallergenic, which makes it suitable for sensitive skin and children. Guaranteeing no irritation, this fragrance-free hair gel will restore softness and tame the frizz too. Safe and mild enough to use daily, the gel offers a medium hold to keep your hair manageable, stunning, and in style always! Don’t skip it.
- Non-flaky styling gel for natural hair
- Safe for sensitive scalp
- Styles and nourishes hair
- Protects from radical and pollution damages
- Ideal for color-treated, and damaged hair
- Paraben-free, gluten-free, sulfate-free, alcohol-free, and more
- Slightly sticky
- The hold may not last long.
Best For Long-Lasting Hold:OUIDAD Advanced Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel
Is humidity turning your curls into a frizzy mess? Lock it out! OUIDAD hair gel’s hold is so strong that humidity stands no chance against your style. Formulated with anti-frizz nanotechnology to keep the frizz and flyaways in control, this hair gel ensures great style irrespective of the climate. Do you have uneven curls or waves? Then you will like this gel even more, for it claims to define and add a stunning shine instantly. Still, want to skip it?
- Long-lasting formula
- Ensures frizz-free curls
- Reduces unwanted volume
- Nourishes and locks in moisture
- Improves manageability and volume
- Suitable for all types of curls
- Paraben-free and sulfate-free product
- Infused with a UV filter that protects the strands
- Fragrance can be a turn off for some
- Hair might turn slightly crunchy
Best Quick Drying:Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
Mixed with the delightful essence of lily, your tresses will always smell like spring with this herbal gel! And if you haven’t heard already, fragrance can be an instant mood booster or conversation starter too! And besides this, Set Me Up Gel offers a strong (level 4) hold, locks out the humidity, and is a frizz tamer as well. More like a combo of style and freshness packed together, give it a try to feel fresh and gorgeous all day long!
P.S: The gel also contains bamboo and cactus flowers.
- Easy to use and apply
- Non-sticky and dries quickly
- Adds shine and softness
- Locks hairstyle within minutes
- Improves manageability and definition
- Hair might feel slightly stiff
Best Hold:Biolage Styling GelÃ©e
Biolage Styling Gelée is the perfect styling product to give you salon-worthy hair at home. It is formulated with blends of botanicals and natural ingredients to provide a firm hold while adding shine and nourishment. It has aloe vera and panthenol to nourish and protect your hair from damage. The lightweight formula of this gelée makes it easy to apply and work through your hair, providing a natural-looking hold that won’t weigh down your locks. Whether you want to create sleek, smooth styles or textured natural-looking waves, this gelée will help you achieve your desired look.
- No mineral-oil
- No artificial colorant
- Suitable for all hair types
- Adds shine
- Pleasant fragrance
- May cause flaking or buildup
So, get ready to flaunt your beautiful curls with confidence, now that you know the 13 best hair gels for women. Do you still need assistance with buying the right hair gel? Or are you wondering how to use it? Read our buying guide below.
Buying Guide – Best Hair Gel for Women
Before you pick a hair gel for yourself, ensure you inspect the following features:
Hold power: Hair gels are available with different consistencies and hold powers. The ones with thin consistency may not be powerful enough to keep your style intact. Thick hair gels, on the other hand, are ideal for styling but not recommended if you need one to improve manageability only. So, choose according to your needs!
Hair-friendly formula: Yes, the hair gel formula should be non-sticky, non-greasy, and anti-stiff. Though having all three benefits in one gel is rare, try to pick a gel that is chemical-free and hair-friendly to prevent unnecessary damages.
Longevity: Choose a hair gel that guarantees long-lasting hold, so you don’t need to check up on flyaways or frizz frequently.
Hair type: This is important. You must inspect if the hair gel is formulated for your hair type. These hair gels are designed with different hold powers for different hair types. So, pick the one that suits your curls and waves.
How To Style Hair with Gel?
Simple! Scoop out an amount depending on your hair length. Apply generously and gently on the strands. Then as the gel sets in, you can style it as you like with hands, comb or blow dryer.
Everyone desires to get a perfectly tamed hairstyle. But to achieve that, you need to use a hair gel to set your hair. The best hair gels tame the flyaways, provide great definition to the curls, and hold your hair in a position. Some hair gels soften your hair strands, some add shine to your hair, and some protect the dry and damaged hair. Invest in hair gels that provide deep nourishment, improve texture, and add volume to the hair strands. However, restrain from using those gels that are sticky as they might mess up your hairstyle and attract more dirt.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Vaishnavi Kothuri, the author of this article, has a keen interest in hair care. Her in-depth research and continuous look-through on the emerging products bring out the best for readers. After reading many online consumer reviews and extensive exploration, this list of best hair gels is compiled by her. She says these hair gels are non-drying and non-greasy and can give you a perfect hairdo. In addition, these hair gels effectively control frizz and can be a perfect substitute for sticky hair oils.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Hair Gel Cause Hair Loss?
No, hair gel will not cause hair loss. But, you must wash off the gel before hitting the bed to avoid build-up or residue, which may weaken the follicle and cause hair loss.
Is It Bad to Leave Gel in Your Hair Overnight?
Yes, absolutely. Avoid leaving the gel overnight as it can lead to residue build-up and further weaken the follicle.
Is It Okay to Put Gel in Your Hair Every day?
It depends on how strong the gel and the ingredients are— for example, FRAGFRE Hair Styling Gel is super mild and can be used daily.
How Long Does Hair Gel Last on Hair?
It depends on the hold and lasting ability of the hair gel. Some may last all day long, while others only for a few hours.
Do You Put Gel on Wet or Dry Hair?
You should apply a hair gel to damp hair only. Also, your hair should not be greasy or oily, or else the gel would not set.
- 4 Side Effects Of Hair Gels You Should Be Aware Of
- Best Baby Hair Gels
- Best Alcohol-Free Hair Gels For Flawless Styling