The best magnesium creams for pain can be your one-stop solution to deal with sore muscles and tight joints. Unfortunately, muscle cramps are not uncommon, and they occur when you least expect them. Even when you are not doing any heavy work, something as simple as bending can give you excruciating pain in your joints. This is when the boost of magnesium comes in. Here are the 11 highest-rated magnesium creams to keep your bones and muscles healthy and your activities pain-free.
In This Article
What Does A Magnesium Cream For Muscle Pain Do?
Power-packed and versatile, magnesium has umpteen benefits for your muscles, bones, and skin. An indispensable ingredient for those suffering from weak bones and muscle cramps, a magnesium lotion also targets headaches and improves your sleep cycle. And it doesn’t end there — staying true to its multipurpose label, a magnesium lotion nourishes and repairs dull and dry skin too. One lotion for all your body and skin concerns!
If you’re a first timer looking for the best magnesium creams for pain, we have some top choices lined up below. Go on, keep all the pains, aches, and tiredness at bay with the best! Check out our list of the 11 best magnesium lotions of 2022 below.
Top 11 Best Magnesium Creams For Pain
Give your muscles a much-need break! Use the Life-Flo magnesium lotion to relax those muscles be it after workouts or a tiring day. Sourced from the ancient and underground seabed of Zechstein in the Netherlands, you can also use this magnesium chloride lotion to massage sore points in the body as it travels deep into the joints to alleviate pain. One of the best magnesium creams for pain, the formula also contains coconut oil and shea butter to ensure maximum absorption and keep your skin soft and supple.
- Ideal for daily use
- Moisturizes, soothes, and softens skin
- Ensures relief from muscle tightness and tiredness
- Free from dyes, colors, scents, and parabens
- Concentrated formula
- Some may find the vanilla oil scent slightly overpowering
Here’s another magnesium cream for muscle pain that claims to relax and strengthen your muscles with its high-potency formula. However, what makes this lotion different from others is that it claims to penetrate the skin and reach the cells quicker than through oral intake. Infused with shea butter, argan seed oil, hemp seed oil, prickly pear seed oil, and transdermal magnesium from the ancient seabed of Zechstein in the Netherlands, the lotion is certified organic and ultra-pure too.
- High-concentration formula
- Provides relief from muscle and joint aches
- Ensures optimal mineral and magnesium absorption
- Approved by NPA, EcoCert, and NaTrue Standards
- Free from parabens, dyes, scents, formaldehyde, or colors
- Some may find it slightly greasy
Do you have sensitive skin? Or a sensitive nose? If yes, the Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion is a must-try for you! Besides being safe and non-irritating on your skin, it ensures maximum and quick absorption too. And the main highlight is, this topical magnesium cream not only aids in relieving aches and pains but promotes healthy muscles, joints, skin, nails, hair, tendons, and more. Yep, just what your body needs when running low on magnesium! The formula contains magnesium chloride, OptiMSM, jojoba seed oil, shea butter, coconut oil, and coconut fruit extract to provide optimal relief and keep your skin nourished and hydrated.
- Ideal to use as a daily moisturizer
- Improves skin and sleep cycle
- Increases keratin and collagen levels
- Guarantees advanced muscle recovery
- Ensures relief from aches, spasms, cramps, and soreness
- Slightly expensive
If you are looking for the best topical magnesium cream, this could be the one that blows your mind. Not only is it aloe vera-based, its packaging ensures that not a single drop in the bottle goes to waste! Now that’s something worth trying! And besides this, the brand claims to have 100% natural ingredients, certified organic oils, and the highest potency on the market. And as for its formula, the blend contains shea butter, transdermal magnesium chloride, argan oil, safflower oil, vegetable glycerin, and more.
- Cruelty-free product
- Improves sleep cycle
- Hydrates, moisturizes, and soothes
- Ideal for sensitive and all skin types
- Non-comedogenic, quick-absorbing, and non-greasy
- Scent-free, dye-free, paraben-free, and formaldehyde-free
- Some may find the consistency slightly runny
Applying this magnesium oil lotion will make you wonder if it’s a moisturizer or a spa lotion! Creamy, calming, and filled anti-aging benefits, this lotion is a must-try for all skin types. It contains ionic magnesium, avocado, lemon oil, cocoa butter, lavender oil, royal jelly, shea butter, and more, and is formulated with microtechnology. Besides this, it ensures deep nourishment as it penetrates the skin effortlessly and improves collagen production, circulation, and elasticity. And the best part is, the lotion also acts as a carrier lotion and delivers all the nutrients of organic oils to the cells efficiently.
- Hydrates and moisturizes intensely
- Non-toxic formula
- Suitable for oily, combination, normal, and dry skin
- Free from synthetic colors, fragrances, impurities, and endocrine-hormone disruptors
- Some may find it slightly sticky
No more counting sheep or waiting for the sleep fairy to arrive! Enter dreamland with this magnesium sleep body lotion instantly. Although a magnesium lotion for kids, anyone can enjoy the soothing and calming effect it delivers, all thanks to the chamomile and lavender-infused formula. And while relaxing the mind and muscles, this award-winning body lotion preps the body for sleep as it alleviates muscle aches and tiredness. Try this magnesium chloride lotion if you haven’t already!
- Ideal to use for massaging
- Free from parabens, palm oil, and preservatives
- Free for allergens
- Natural muscle relaxant
- Some may not like the smell of the lotion
OMG, this one melts and how! Get ready to watch your pain melt away with this body butter packed with all-natural magnesium oil. From boosting immunity and relieving pain and stiffness to softening and nourishing the skin, this magnesium body butter offers benefits of both — a pain reliever and a moisturizer. What does it contain? OptiMSM (which means quick absorption), shea butter, lemongrass oil, vitamin A, sweet almond oil, and vitamin E for intense moisture. Also, if you are looking for a good magnesium oil for eczema, you need not look further than this.
- Improves sleep cycle
- Soothes and alleviates pain
- Reduces stress, cramps, and tension
- Provides relief from cracked and dry skin
- Eco-friendly, non-toxic, and cruelty-free
- Doctor-recommended and suitable for sensitive skin
- Free from parabens, fragrances, and artificial colors
- Slightly expensive
Nothing beats the feeling of waking up from a good night’s sleep, but then again, not everyone can fall into a peaceful slumber right away. If you have trouble sleeping, you must-try this good night lotion with magnesium chloride. Claiming to be the cleanest lotion of all, it ensures relaxed sleep, reduces muscle cramps and stiffness, and alleviates headaches and constipation as well. One of the best magnesium lotions for pregnancy, this one is vegan, and its formula contains mango butter, apricot oil, lavender oil, shea butter, and more.
- Natural remedy
- Non-itchy and nourishing
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, and fragrance-free
- Suitable for restless legs during pregnancy
- Scent can be overpowering for some
With the calming and soothing benefits of magnesium and lavender in one, your body has no choice but to rest and restore with this one! The nfuse Ultra Nourishing Magnesium lotion with pure magnesium chloride is a gel-lotion blend that glides on the skin like water and absorbs almost instantly! Moreover, cocoa and shea butter heals dry and cracked skin too and ensures maximum magnesium delivery with every use. More like a one-stop solution to make your body relax, rejuvenate, and heal, try it and enjoy some ‘me’ time with this gem this season.
- Improves sleep cycle
- Softens, heals and soothes skin
- Reduces stress and boosts energy
- Alleviates muscle pains and aches
- Vegan, gluten-free, and cruelty-free
- Paraben-free, silicone-free, and sulfate-free
- Free from mineral oil, phthalates, artificial fragrances, and more
- Not suitable if you need a fragrance-free lotion
If you love organic oils, you should try this magnesium chloride lotion for your skin! Ultra-nourishing and moisturizing, it soothes, heals, and rejuvenates the skin without leaving a greasy or waxy residue. The formula contains umpteen organic oils (coconut, olive, castor, avocado, hemp, grapeseed, and more) for intense moisture and lavender to relax your muscles, mind, and body all at the same time. And besides healing skin, this magnesium skin cream relieves soreness, cramps, spasms, and post-workout aches as well.
- Eases muscles and joints
- Ensures deep relaxation and improves sleep cycle
- Skin-loving and calming formula
- Free from parabens and gluten
- Some may find the formula slightly thick
Recharge your bone health with this blend of magnesium and calcium! Given that our bones lose strength and density with age, this body lotion will make up for the deficiency with its power-packed formula. Also, vitamin A and D in calcium will nourish skin, eyes, brain, guts, and heart. Yep, no more pills, only a good massage with this magnesium cream for joint pain can beef up your body and bone health effortlessly.
- Lactose-free formula
- Alleviates headaches
- Improves energy and mood
- Promotes healthy blood pressure
- Reduces cramps, pains, and aches
- Non-irritating, non-sticky, and absorbs quickly
- Free from wax, binders, and harsh fillers
- Some may find the scent slightly medicinal
Healthy muscles are now a magnesium massage away! There you go, those were the 11 best magnesium lotions of 2022. Check out some amazing benefits of magnesium creams here:
Magnesium Cream Benefits
If you are still wondering how beneficial is magnesium lotion for the body and skin, then you must read on:
- Energizes muscles and boosts mood
- Eases muscle spasms, cramps, and aches
- Relieves post-workout pains and restless legs
- Nourishes skin and increases collagen and keratin
- Strengthens and rebuilds bone and muscle health
- Ensures deep relaxation and improves sleep cycle
- Alleviates headaches, joint pains, and age-related cramps
- Reduces tension, stress, and promotes healthy blood pressure levels
Muscle cramps are very common but extremely painful and uncomfortable. Multiple reasons can cause muscle cramps, but heavy exercise is one of the main reasons that can aggravate these cramps. Traditionally, you need physio treatment but the best magnesium creams provide relief from pain in no time. These OTC creams penetrate deep into the skin and help improve sleep cycles and reduce joint stiffness. These products are non-comedogenic, non-greasy, and vegan. However, some products may have a slightly sticky texture and overpowering fragrance. The long list of benefits and product reviews will help you choose the right magnesium cream for a pain-free experience.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
We have curated this list of the best magnesium creams for pain management after conducting extensive research. Muscle cramps are common and painful but can be soothed with magnesium creams. We shortlisted the products based on their merits. We checked and investigating many products and reviews on various forums across the internet. These products have benefits such as pain relief, skin-friendliness, skin care benefits like moisturization, absence from harsh ingredients like dyes or parabens, formula, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do magnesium lotions have side effects?
It depends on your skin type. Generally, magnesium lotions do sting or have a slight burning sensation on the skin. So, before applying it, a patch test is necessary, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Is magnesium good for joint pain?
A magnesium deficiency can affect bone health, so a magnesium cream can help alleviate joint pain.
Is a magnesium lotion good for eczema?
Absolutely! Considering some magnesium lotions are packed with ultra-nourishing organic oils, they are ideal for eczema. The Asutra Magnesium Body Butter Lotion is one of the best magnesium lotions for eczema.
Does magnesium help back pain?
Although it may not show immediate results, studies have shown that magnesium supplementation can reduce pain.
- Best Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis To Help Manage The Pain
- Effective Low-Impact Cardio Exercises You Can Do To Relieve Knee Pain
- Best Myofascial Release Tools To Improve Mobility