Do you spend a lot of time at your desk? Does your daily routine involve lifting heavy objects? Or does your work require you to be on your feet throughout the day? If you have answered yes to even one of these questions, your back must be screaming for some help! To help prevent this pain from turning into a chronic condition, we have something called back stretchers. These devices are designed to relieve pain caused by activities that stress your backbone. Take a look at our 10 best back stretchers available on the market right now.
Before we get there, let’s learn about the mechanism of a back stretcher.
How Do Back Stretchers Work?
Back stretchers are designed to maximize your spinal curvature. When you lie on a back stretcher, it enables passive stretching by increasing the space between the vertebrae. This allows blood to circulate around the spine. The oxygen regenerated from this freshly circulated blood heals the aching spine. Also, while stretching your spine, a compound called proteoglycan is produced in more quantity, which helps in self-healing.
Back stretchers help relieve pain caused by an injury or a chronic condition. Here are some benefits of using a back stretcher.
Benefits Of Using A Back Stretcher
- Reduces lower back pain
- Relieves compression in the spinal disc
- Cures degenerative disc disease
- Loosens stiff muscles
- Corrects posture
- Strengthens your back
- Relieves tension and stress in your back
- Relieves pain caused by conditions like sciatica, arthritis, and bulging disc
Let’s now take a look at the 10 best back stretchers.
10 Best Back Stretchers You Need To Try Right Now
1. ChiFit Lumbar Back Pain Relief Device
ChiFit Lumbar Back Stretcher Massager is a multi-design device with a three gear adjustment that allows customizable stretching. The acupressure helps relieve back tension. This lightweight device is suitable for lumbar traction, muscle relaxation, back massage, spinal decompression, and posture correction.
- Quick and effective
- Comfortable material
- Detailed instructions included
2. North American Health + Wellness Arched Back Stretcher
This arch-style back stretcher is made with padded leather, which soothes your back and makes it easy for you to lie on it while stretching. The device has a hollow rectangular column in the middle, which allows space for your spine to rest. While stretching, it gently relieves aches and pain. Besides relieving stress, this back stretcher also increases flexibility and improves your posture.
- Offers comfortable support
- Useful for the back and neck
- Suitable for a stiff or sore back
3. Ironman Gravity 4000 Highest Weight Capacity Inversion Table
This invertible gravity table is built with a tubular steel frame with a memory foam backrest. It has ergonomically designed molded ankle holders that offer a safe grip. It can support up to 350 pounds of weight. The patented ankle locking system holds your ankle securely. This upper back stretcher has strong non-skid floor stabilizers that provide 100% stability when inverting. The extra-long safety handles help you get back to your upright position. You can buy a back stretcher on amazon.
- Inverts up to 180 degrees
- Height adjustment up to 6’6’’
- Easily foldable
- Removable lumbar pillow
4. Reehut Yoga Wheel
This yoga wheel features sweat-resistant hybrid TPE foam with 10 mm extra thick padding. It provides back support for spine stretches and can endure up to 330 lbs of weight. It allows deeper spinal stretches compared to other back stretchers. It improves your core strength, opens your shoulders and chest, and enhances flexibility. It mainly targets the spine, hips, abdomen, and chest.
- Improves balance
- Releases muscle tension and stress
- Assists in yoga positions
- Improves spine movement
- Made of hypoallergenic material
5. True Back Stretcher
This back stretcher is a non-powered orthopedic traction device. The unique patented design features 30 suspension points molded into the center for accurate body balance. It creates pressure on the muscles (musculoskeletal system) that helps increase blood flow. This will relax the muscles located near the spine. This travel-friendly device is simple and easy to use.
- Targets pressure points
- Relaxes the muscles
- Relieves stiffness
6. Sae Arc Back Stretcher
This lightweight acupressure back stretcher eases pain in the back and increases blood circulation parallelly. It features removable wooden orbs that allow you to customize the level of acupressure intensity. The back bubble back stretcher is environmentally-safe is handcrafted from premium maple wood.
- Assists in exercise and yoga
- Improves flexibility and corrects your posture
- Easy to store or carry for travels
7. Lumia Wellness Lumbar Traction Wedge
Lumia Wellness Lumbar Traction Wedge provides effective support in restoring spinal curvature. It is suitable for alleviating hip and back pain, spinal stenosis, spine pain, sciatica, and herniated discs. It claims to strengthen your lower back muscles. This product features a firm lumbar pillow that works best for relieving chronic back pain and improving spinal decompression.
- High-quality velvet cover
- Removable and washable material
- Corrects your posture
- Too hard
8. MF@SQY Magic Plus Back Stretcher
This back, stretcher has three adjustable arch levels to meet your ideal comfort level. It has 58 comfortable acupuncture points to massage the lumbar spine while stretching. This brings instant relief to an aching back. This device is specially designed to help you regain your correct posture and relieve pressure near the spine and lower back.
- Needs only two minutes of your time
- Improves flexibility
- Can break easily
9. ForlrFit Back Stretcher
This multifunctional back stretcher is designed for core abdominal exercise, spine stretching, back massage, and improving bad posture and back stiffness. It provides effective stretching, especially for people with chronic back pain, disc herniation, sciatica, and spinal stenosis. It is an orthopedic back stretcher. The spine stretcher relieves pressure and restores back flexibility. The device is made of durable EVA foam, which provides solid support for your back.
- Soothes aching back muscles
- Relaxes your spine
- Improves your posture
- No immediate results
10. American Lifetime Blue Mini Roller
This vibrating foam roller has four levels of intensity that increases the massaging experience and reduces pain. It improves muscle flexibility, reduces stiffness, and promotes blood circulation. It eases tense muscles and provides a soothing effect. The textured surface perfectly targets the pressure points for quick relaxation.
- Long-lasting material
- Includes 3AA batteries
- Too hard
We saw how back stretchers could be useful. But are there any side effects? Let’s find out!
Side Effects Of Back Stretchers
There are no lethal side effects of using a back stretcher. It is not recommended if you are pregnant or have osteoporosis. Also, before using a back stretcher, warmup exercises are required to avoid pain during the initial stretching. If the pain persists, consult a doctor immediately.
With these best back stretchers, you can lead a pain-free life. Pick your favorite product from the list, try it out and let us know how it worked for you by commenting below.
- 10 Best Back Braces For Lower Back Pain And Support
- 12 Best Stretches For Upper Back Pain
- 10 Best Cervical (Neck) Traction Devices To Use At Home
- Top 10 Inversion Tables For Back Pain
- 8 Best Cold Laser Therapy Devices For Pain Relief
- 16 Effective Home Remedies To Relieve Sciatic Nerve Pain
- How To Relieve Neck Pain – Causes And 10 Home Remedies
- 5 Best Home Remedies To Treat Tailbone Pain
Latest posts by Pooja Karkala (see all)
- 10 Best Mouthwashes For Healthy Teeth And Gums And Fighting Bad Breath - February 11, 2020
- Top 10 Pureology Shampoos – Reviews - February 11, 2020
- 10 Best Castor Oils That Promote Hair Growth - February 11, 2020
- 10 Best (Soft And Hard) Bonnet Hair Dryers Of 2020 – Reviews And Buying Guide - February 10, 2020
- 15 Best Drugstore Hair Dyes For At-Home Coloring - February 4, 2020