We all love good hair days, but no matter what we want, these days are so rare. So to help you enjoy good hair days almost any day that you like, we have got some of the best quiet hair dryers for easy and quiet styling wherever you are, even when you are running.
Let’s be honest we all have zero patience and time to set our hair every day before stepping out or before taking the perfect selfie. But, with these hair dryers, you can give your hair an instant lift and bounce on any day. Unlike other hair dryers, these products aren’t noisy that call for attention. In fact, their quiet, noise-free mechanisms make you love the dryers even more. They ensure you experience a peaceful styling session without having to wake up your neighbors or go deaf for a few moments. So, scroll down to find the 12 best quiet hair dryers to style your hair effortlessly and enjoy a good hair day without any worries.
What Is a Quiet Hair Dryer?
Before we take a closer look at the quiet hair dryers, let’s first understand what a quiet hair dryer is. Simply put, a quiet hair dryer is exactly what the name suggests. It is extremely low-noise as compared to regular hair dryers. Quiet hair dryers that fall under the 1400-1600 watts range are thought to be the quietest hair dryers. To understand why low noise hair dryers function differently, we first need to know how a hair dryer works. They use hot air to speed up the evaporation of water from your hair. The dryer sucks in room temperature air and passes it through a heating channel, and then hot air is blown out.
The fan in the dryer sucks in and blows out air. Since the fan has to work fairly quickly, it requires a motor. So, all that annoying noise comes from the fan and the motor. The main difference between quiet hair dryers and regular ones is that extra blades are added to the fan to make the motors run faster. Alternatively, the motors are better insulated. These changes help in reducing the noise levels to create the perfect silent hair dryers.
Now that we’ve understood what makes a silent hair dryer different from a regular one let’s explore some of its benefits.
Benefits Of Quiet Hair Dryers
Here are some fantastic benefits of quiet hair dryers:
- Low-noise, low-decibels than regular hair dryers.
- Regular hair dryers operate at 250 decibels and more while some of the best quiet hair dryers operate at less than 70 decibels.
- Silent hair dryers use less than 1600 W while regular hair dryers use more than 1600 W.
- Some of the best quiet hair dryers use negative ion technology, which gives your hair a smooth and silky finish. Hair dryers that use ionic technology are generally known for producing the lowest amount of noise.
- Most good low-noise hair dryers come with two speed modes (high and low) and upto three heat settings. This will allow you to try different styles every day.
- Modern, quiet hair dryers come with long cords, to avoid minor accidents and the ease to style your hair the way you want.
Want to protect your ears while styling your hair and getting ready for work? Trust any of these 12 quiet hair dryers to do the trick.
12 Best Quiet Hair Dryers For A Peaceful Blow Dry
MHU’s Professional Salon Grade Hair Dryer is one of the best quiet hair dryers you can get your hands on. Powered by 1875 W motor that will help you dry your hair in no time. Much quieter than a regular hair dryer, it comes with a far-infrared heat and negative ionic technology that dries your hair quickly and eliminates frizz without damaging it. This marvellous hair dryer also comes with an airflow concentrator and a diffuser, specially made for styling and touch-ups. Along with these amazing features, it also has two speeds and three heat settings, which allows for controlled airflow and heat.
- Works well for all hair types and textures
- Removable lint filter
- Easy-grip and professional hook
- Heavier than most low-noise hair dryers
- Slightly expensive
2. Best Budget-Friendly: Kipozi Nano Ionic Lightweight Blow Dryer
Another excellent quiet hair dryer that also operates on 1875 W, Kipozi’s Lightweight Blow Dryer is a crowd-pleaser that helps you save precious time. It comes with two speed and three heat settings along with a cool shot button that locks your hairstyle in place. Its advanced nano-ionic technology lends a consistently strong airflow that dries your hair quickly, leaving it smooth and manageable. The concentrator that comes with this hair dryer is ideal for styling straight hair while the diffuser helps in defining your curls and waves. The ergonomically designed handle provides a snug fit in your hands, allowing you to use it comfortably.
- ALCI safety plug and removable filter
- Reasonably priced
- Far-infrared heat protects hair from damage
- Doesn’t have a very long cord
3. Best Moisture-Locking Function: Jinri Paris Professional Tourmaline Hair Dryer
The fact that you are looking for noiseless hair dryers indicates that you share a living space with someone, or you’re just sick and tired of all the noise your hair dryer is creating. If you want to get rid of all the noise that comes with your hair routine, switch to Jinri’s Tourmaline Hair Dryer with negative ion technology. It is powered by a 1875 W professional DC motor, which blows out a strong gush of hair to dry your hair. The negative ion tourmaline function locks in moisture and shields your hair from heat damage. A diffuser and concentrator come with this silent hair dryer as well.
- 6 wind-heat adjustments to adapt to your needs
- Cool shot button
- Matte material and ergonomic design
- Takes a long time for hair to dry as compared to other silent hair dryers
4. Best Lightweight: Panasonic Low-Noise Ionity Hair Dryer
Panasonic’s Low-Noise Ionity Hair Dryer is perhaps one of the quietest silent hair dryers. It is so noise-free that it only records a sound of 49 decibels and operates at 1200 watts. The internal make and orientation of this noise-free hair dryer feature a dual airflow, a top-notch fan, and a fixed space between the body and the fan, which brings down the noise levels to a significant hum. A small barrel inside the hair dryer lets out airflow of 1.1 cubic meters per minute, rapidly allowing your hair to dry without creating any noise.
- Two external ion outlets for swift hair-drying
- Negative ion technology
- May require plug adapter/ transformer for use in foreign countries
- All instructions come in Japanese
5. Best Travel-Friendly: NITION Hair Dryer
The NITION Hair Dryer features a ceramic coated air outlet infused with nano silver, argan oil, and tourmaline. It repairs damaged hair and makes it healthy and shiny. This hair dryer is equipped with three attachments – a comb, diffuser, and concentrator. It features three heat settings and two speed settings with a cool shot button. The 1875 watt motor delivers airflow with minimal noise, and the removable air inlet grille enables easy cleaning.
- Compact design
- Easy to clean
- Firm grip
- Not durable
6. Best For Quick-Drying: Confu Pro Hair Dryer
In our search for the best quiet hair dryers, we also came across this ingenious hair dryer. The Confu Pro Hair Dryer is a professional salon hair dryer that can also be used at home. This only means one thing – salon-style hair at your fingertips. Its 1875 W professional AC motor enables quick hair drying, reducing the time by upto 50%. So, one can expect a whole head of hair to be dried within six minutes. It features tourmaline ceramic technology along with negative ionic technology, which prevents heat damage. The high-temperature resistant nylon shell ensures safety for all users.
- Three heat modes and two speed settings
- Smoothing concentrator and volumizing finger diffuser included
- As quiet as quiet can get
- Comes with a European AC electrical plug, so, you will require a converter
- Slightly heavier than most quiet hair dryers
7. Best Dual Voltage Technology: Berta Dual Voltage Blow Dryer
If you are someone who is always on the go and moving from one city to another, Berta’s Dual Voltage Blow Dryer will be perfect for you. This 1875 W compact hair dryer is ideal for safe and quick drying. The dual-voltage technology in this blow dryer makes it a reliable blow dryer. It also comes with two heat and speed settings, respectively, for versatile styling, and the cool shot button releases cool air to set your hair the way you want to.
- ETL certified for the safety of you and your family
- Short cord
8. Best Foldable Design: Juisee Folding Hair Dryer Mini
Juisee’s Folding Hair Dryer Mini is as cute as cute can get. This blow dryer is a testament to the saying, “great things come in small packages.” One can find ionic ceramic and tourmaline ceramic technology in this 8X7 blow dryer, which is ideal for travel. The motor AC and infrared in this compact hair dryer can help you dry your hair and style it in a jiffy. It has three heat settings and creates minimal noise when in use. It provides constant and even temperature at 900 W and keeps the moisture of hair no less than 10%. So, whether you have thick, curly, straight, wavy, or any other type of hair, this little purchase will keep you happy.
- Louder than larger silent hair dryers
- For some, the short cord may pose as a problem
9. Best For Taming Frizz: Vaslon Low Noise Negative Ionic Blow Dryer
Are you looking to eliminate frizz while protecting your hair from heat damage? Try Vaslon’s Low Noise Negative Ionic Blow Dryer, which will give your hair a smooth, healthy appearance while reducing the risk of damage. It runs on 1875 W power and a professional AC motor that allows you to dry your hair in a matter of minutes. To style your hair the way you want, you can make use of the three adjustable modes that offer high, medium, and low-temperature settings along with two speeds to match your blow-drying style (high and low). The negative ionic technology retains moisture in your hair and the far-infrared functions to prevent hair breakage.
- ETL & Rohs safety certification
- Double safety removable lint filter
- Long cable with hanging loop
- Louder than other well-reviewed silent hair dryers
10. Best Ergonomic Design: Wazor 3rd Generation Lightweight Low Noise Hair Dryer
Waiting for hair to dry naturally is one of the most time-consuming things ever. However, with cutting-edge technology and the best of hair dryers available in the market, our lives have been made fairly easier. The 1875 W consumed by this quiet and noise-free hair dryer brings strong winds to dry hair quickly. It is coupled with ceramic infrared heat to reduce the time of drying hair significantly. The lightweight DC motor and the structure of the dryer make it ergonomic and easy to use. The ceramic ionizers present in this silent hair dryer generate 2.6 times more negative ions than regular blow dryers and leaves your hair soft and smooth.
- You can control air-flow and temperature with a variety of combinations using the speed and heat settings
- Removable tail cap for easy cleaning
- The purple paint may wear off after extended use
11. Best Negative Ion Technology: Revlon Lightweight Quiet Hair Dryer
Revlon products barely need an exaggerated introduction as the quality of these products speaks for itself. However, let’s take a minute to appreciate the beautiful color, appearance, and design of Revlon’s Lightweight Quiet Hair Dryer. Not only is this low-noise hair dryer a treat to the eye, but it also claims to be 50% quieter than other competing hair dryers. The three layers of ceramic coating ensure even heat distribution and dry hair from the inside out. It runs at 70-74 decibels, so it is safe to say it is noise-free. The unique fan is designed to control noise pollution.
- U-shaped air inlets reduces drying time
- Negative ion technology
- Larger and heavier than other competing hair dryers (hence, not ideal for travel)
12. Best Sturdy Device: Prizm Quiet And Lightweight Blow Dryer
As the name suggests, this hair dryer is quiet and lightweight. It has powerful ionic ceramic technology along with tourmaline-coated barrels that provide maximum negative ionic outputs. This, in turn, locks moisture and reduces frizz. Its powerful 1600 W motor can dry a whole head of hair in two minutes. It also comes with a concentrator and a diffuser, so you can style your hair the way you desire. This noise-free hair dryer is made with advanced new plastic material making it sturdier than its competitors.
- Salon-grade hair dryer
- High quality cord (copper core cable and soft rubber insulation material)
- Hanging loop
- Suitable for all hairstyles
- Not very pocket-friendly
Here are a few things you need to keep in mind before purchasing a noise-free hair dryer for home.
How To Choose A Quiet Hair Dryer
- Heating Technology
There are four main types of heating technologies in quiet hair dryers. An ionic hair dryer generates negatively charged ions that break down water molecules in the hair. In a ceramic hair dryer, infrared rays and negative ions are discharged. In tourmaline hair dryers, a mineral gemstone releases an electrical charge along with a combination of infrared heat and negative ions. Whereas in a titanium hair dryer, a titanium metal heats the air that goes in and out. It is much faster as compared to ionic, ceramic, and tourmaline hair dryers combined.
- Noise Level
Noise levels in regular hair dryers go over 95 decibels. So, pick a quiet hair dryer which produces only 70-74 decibels or lesser.
- Total Wattage
Most noise-free hair dryers operate on 1400-1600 watts. However, many popular silent hair dryers also operate at 1875 watts.
- Speed And Temperature Settings
Before purchasing a silent hair dryer, look for three-speed settings (low, medium, and high) and two temperature settings (high and low) for ease of drying and styling.
Look for a silent hair dryer that comes with both a concentrator and diffuser. A concentrator nozzle is ideal for straight hair as a diffuser nozzle is for curly hair.
- Power Cord
When blow-drying your hair, safety should be of prime importance for both you and the people around you. Buy hair dryers with only high-quality cords, preferably a copper core cable with soft rubber insulation. Also, make sure that the cord is long enough to avoid any accidents.
- Cool Shot Button
The cool shot button is a great feature to set your hairstyle in place.
As we’ve come to the end of the list, we sincerely hope we didn’t miss out on any of your favorite silent hair dryers. If you found a silent hair dryer that seems perfect for you from this list, we are truly glad we could be of help. However, if there are any other hair dryers (both silent and non-silent ones) that you would like us to review or explore, please do let us know. Till then, keep reading and keep writing to us about your hair journey and which products have made your life easier.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Sneha Manandhar, the author of this article, has expertise in skin and haircare. She finds extreme joy in helping out people pick the right product. Knowing that hair dryers can be noisy, she has done extensive research and read many product reviews to curate a comprehensive list of the best noise-free hair dryers. These quiet hair dryers have a noise-free mechanism and allow the users to have a peaceful hair drying experience.
- Lightweight Hair Dryers To Get Your Styling Done Quickly
- Low Electromagnetic Field Hair Dryers
- Infrared Hair Dryers For Drying Your Hair In Shortest Time
- T3 Hair Dryers For Flawless Blowouts