These 9 Best Marc Jacobs Perfumes Are Positively To Die For!
Surround yourself with these alluring fragrances that last all day and make heads turn.
A signature and classic scent should be unique and timeless. When it comes to picking a good perfume brand, Marc Jacobs is an all-time favorite that comes to our mind instantly. The best Marc Jacobs perfumes have stood the test of time and flatter your sense of smell. This particular brand has made some iconic fragrances that are a cult favorite for a reason because their irresistible scent never gets old. You will instantly fall in love with the pretty packaging, and once you get your hands on one, it will be your go-to choice.
When it comes to fragrances, you may have a specific type that you are searching for — fresh, clean, woodsy, or dark. As a perfume brand, Marc Jacobs has been creating some iconic fragrances since 2001, and many women have found these fragrances to be enchanting and mesmerizing. If you have never tried a Marc Jacobs perfume before, this article is for you. Here we have curated a list of some of the best options available online. Keep reading to check out our top picks!
In This Article
Smell Like A Dream WIth These 9 Best Marc Jacobs Perfumes
1. Best Fruity-Floral Scent:Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Eau De Toilette
An uncommon fragrance, and a sophisticated version of their beloved original scent, the Daisy Dream Eau de Toilette is an exquisite fruity and floral concoction that makes one think of sultry summers. With crisp and juicy top notes of blackberry, grapefruit, and pear, the fragrance’s first wave is just a tad potent but pleasant at the same time. As this fades, you’re hit with the mid notes of jasmine, wisteria bloom, and lychee— an elegant yet soothing melody of scents that intriguingly caresses the senses. Finally, base notes of musk, coconut, and white wood make their own appearance; lending a sweet and woody finish that will leave you feeling like a forest nymph! To get a better understanding of the product, you can check out this video on YouTube.
- Not overbearingly strong
- Velvety piña colada fragrance
- Combines florals and fruits
- Shorter lasting than pure perfume
2. Best Powdery-Sweet Scent:Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Eau De Toilette
Delicate, floral, and unabashedly feminine, the Daisy Eau So Fresh Eau de Toilette is a beguiling ingénue avatar of the original and iconic Daisy scent. The top notes are a stunning fruity and fresh symphony of raspberry, pear, grapefruit, and green notes. They produce a sweet yet light and airy first wave that gradually deepens in intensity and blossoms into the succulent heart notes of apple blossom, lychee, jasmine, rose, and violet, which conjure the illusion of a whimsical, enchanted orchard. To top it off, not only do the uncommon base scents superbly complement the middle and top notes, but they actually help revive them with the smoky spell of musk, cedar, and plum. Check out the review of this product for more information.
- Powdery and sweet
- Clean and delicate scent
- Perfect for everyday office wear
- Shorter lasting than pure perfume
3. Best Musky Fragrance:Marc Jacobs Daisy Love Eau De Toilette
A musky, woody scent with a floral body and sensual sophistication, the Daisy Love Eau de Toilette is an all-grown-up and wickedly sublime love letter for the original Daisy. Crafted with an elegant touch of glamour and vintage charm, it brings to mind the classic scents from the ‘50s. The unusual opening note of cloudberry is a complex zesty and fruity yet herbal note that is wildly mysterious and is what makes this fragrance stand out! Once that blends into the dulcet middle note of daisy tree, it evolves into an invigorating and fresh scent; a delicate balance of artless youth and suave refinement. With base notes of cashmere musk and driftwood, the perfume is reminiscent of glamorous spring picnics in luxury beer gardens.
- Woody and musky
- Refreshing and sweet smell
- Ideal for summer brunches
- Average staying power (around 4 hours)
4. Best For Spring-Summer:Marc Jacobs Honey Eau De Parfum
Sipping on creamy cocktails, basking under the Hawaiian sun, and lazily Hakuna Matata-ing the days away— sounds like the ideal summer vacay, doesn’t it? Guess what, this ethereal perfume can magically teleport your soul to this exact lush and lazy golden summer! With bright and warm top notes of mandarin orange, punch, and pear that exquisitely blend with the middle notes of sweet honeysuckle, peach, and orange blossom, the Honey Eau de Parfum is a fruity and floral enchantment that feels like a breezy sunrise at the beach. The base scents of buttery vanilla, honey, and smooth woods end this fragrance journey on a note of toasty perfection. If you want to know more about the benefits of this product, check out this quick review on YouTube.
- Perfect spring-summer scent
- Good lasting power
- Adorable packaging
- Greater percentage of alcohol
5. Best For Date Nights:Marc Jacobs Lola Eau De Parfum
Spicy sweet with bitter citrus hints that add an enthralling depth, the Lola Eau de Parfum smells like a sensual summer flirtation that will make you nostalgic for romance. With the tart yet juicy opening notes of grapefruit, pink pepper, and pear that seamlessly harmonize with the warm, sultry heart notes of geranium, peony, and rose, this luscious floral and fruity scent brings to mind a bouquet of vibrant, fresh flowers being presented to a lover at the twinkling promise of twilight. Additionally, the seductive base note of musk, tonka bean, and vanilla grants a titillating richness, which finishes the perfume on a velvety sweet accord. Ideal for flirty summer nights, Lola feels like the fragrant flutter of butterflies that come with first love!
- Spicy sweet floral scent
- Great for date nights
- Good lasting power
- Scent can be heavy
6. Best Long-Wear:Marc Jacobs Decadence Eau De Parfum
If Daisy is Marc Jacobs’ girl next door, then consider Decadence Eau de Parfum the older, sophisticated and seductive woman we all aspire to be. While the tantalizing top notes of iris and plum may be a tad generic, they are a harmonious marriage of sugary tartness all the same. However, it’s the incorporation of exotic saffron in the first notes that yields a complex and rich depth in this perfume’s first wave, and has us wholly bedazzled! The floral middle notes of orris, jasmine sambac, and rose blend seamlessly with the top notes and provide a luxurious blossom scent. With base notes of vetiver, amber, and papyrus, Decadence provides a warm, rich, and lush fragrance, engulfing your senses within an Autumn daydream.
- Marc Jacobs floral perfume
- Amazing lasting power
- Gorgeous packaging
7. Best Amber-Floral Fragrance:Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence Eau De Parfum
The embodiment of luxury and irrelevant glamour, Divine Decadence Eau de Parfum is a sensual and woody fragrance that feels sinfully indulgent. The sultry top note is of fresh orange blossoms mixed with sumptuous champagne that quickly envelopes you within a full-bodied, floral aura of delectable honeysuckle and gardenia, then finishes with the rich base notes of amber, saffron, and vanilla. Perfect for a sensual and enigmatic vibe during romantic evenings or boardroom meetings, this potent fragrance concoction has a powerful staying power and can last up to 4 to 5 hours.
- Floral, champagne and amber scent
- Powerful staying power
- Luxurious emerald snakeskin and gold packaging
- Can be rather strong
8. Best Tropical Fragrance:Marc Jacobs Dot Eau De Parfum
Fruity, floral, and flirtatiously cute, the Dot Eau de Parfum feels like a spiritual successor for the original and much celebrated Marc Jacobs Daisy collection. In both scent and design, this fabulous fragrance exudes all the whimsy and unapologetic femininity that make Marc Jacobs’ perfumes so extraordinary and beloved. Opening with deliciously tropical top notes of dragon fruit, red berries, and honeysuckle, this quirky combo is a surprising winner. The heart notes of jasmine, coconut, and orange blossom strike a tad more conventional accord, but instead of subsuming, they blend into the high notes with exquisite ease. Lastly, the base notes of musk, vanilla, and driftwood grant an interestingly savoury finish, which is dry, rich, and undeniably elegant.
- Tropical, white floral fragrance
- Ideal for summer and day events
- 4 to 5 hour lasting power
- Packaging may vary
9. Best For Everyday Wear:Marc Jacobs Daisy Twinkle Eau De Toilette
The Daisy Twinkle Eau de Toilette by Marc Jacobs is a floral, fruity fragrance that feels like barefoot dancing within an enchanted meadow, surrounded by the first blooms of spring. Crisp yet creamy, a sweet and powdery fragrance that is bewitchingly feminine but with a touch of intrigue, this violet incarnation of the original Daisy scent is all things magical! Opening with the luscious first notes of sweet violet leaf and tart red berries that swiftly bloom into the heart notes of enticing violets and clean white flowers, Daisy Twinkle finishes with a strong base scent of warm white wood and is the embodiment of all spring and summer delights!
- Youthful violet and woody scent
- Light and clean
- Ideal for everyday wear
- 2 to 3 hours lasting power
Think you may be closer to finding your forever fragrance match? (Because, same!) But if you’re starting to feel like an overwhelmed The Bachelorette contestant, wondering who amongst these 9 best Marc Jacobs perfumes you’ll grant your final rose to and walk away into the sunset with, worry not! We’ve got some handy tips on finding the Marc Jacobs perfect perfume partner for you. Just take a quick peek at our buying guide below.
A Girl’s Guide To Buying The Best Marc Jacobs Perfume
Buying Marc Jacobs fragrances can be a tad daunting – especially if you happen to be doing it online! So, before you get overwhelmed by the bounty of tempting options and rather alienating perfumery lingo, consider the following.
How To Choose The Best Marc Jacobs Perfume
Before perusing the Marc Jacobs perfumes list, ask yourself— do you need an Eau de Parfum or Eau de Toilette? And, perhaps most importantly, how are they different? There are quite a few perfume features that one must assess prior to purchase, and unfortunately, they have their own terminology. We’ve broken down the basics for you below.
1. Fragrance Notes
Fragrance notes basically describe the ‘layers’ of scent that the perfume is made up of. Most perfumes are the marriage of a minimum of 3 notes: the top, middle (or heart), and the base. The mingling of these layers is what contributes to the unique scent of each perfume. It is also the reason why your fragrance changes as the day progresses.
- Top Notes: These are usually the first scents that hit you when you try on a perfume. Often light and consisting of fruity, fresh scents, they linger on your skin for roughly 10 to 15 minutes prior to fading.
- Heart Notes: Once your top notes fade away, the heart notes start to bloom. As their name suggests, they are the very soul of the fragrance, accounting for roughly 40 to 80% of your perfume. Compared to top notes, they also tend to linger longer on your skin.
- Base Notes: The very bottom scents of your fragrance, these are usually crafted with smooth, rich scents. Base notes are the scents which last the longest on your skin. They’re also often the ones responsible for triggering emotional responses or memories.
A perfume’s fragrance concentration describes the strength that fragrance possesses. Perfumes that brag of a higher fragrance concentration usually contain less alcohol and greater perfume oils. Traditionally, fragrance concentrations can be divided into the following categories:
- Pure Parfum: Pure parfum possesses the highest fragrance concentration. It’s also, usually, the most expensive of the lot. Harboring anywhere between roughly 30% to 40% of fragrance, these potent concoctions have great staying power (up to a whopping 8 hours). Generally worn at evenings out or special occasions.
- Eau de Parfum: Eau de parfum holds the second highest concentration of fragrance. It’s also one of the most frequently sold types of perfumes. Containing, on average, 15% to 20% of fragrance, these beauties last roughly 4 to 5 hours.
- Eau de Toilette: Just like Eau de parfums, Eau de toilettes happen to be one, if not the most popular Marc Jacobs perfume. Holding anywhere between 5% to 15% of fragrance, these softer scents last up to 2 or 3 hours, making them the ideal daywear or workwear fragrances. Fun fact: the word ‘toilette’ actually originates from ‘faire sa toilette,’ a French phrase that translates to ‘getting ready.’
- Eau de Cologne: Eau de cologne possesses an extremely light fragrance concentration, containing a humble 2-4% along with a significantly higher alcohol percentage. They usually last a good 1 or 2 hours on your skin before fading away, and they’re often designed for male fragrances.
- We’ll admit: fragrance shopping is somewhat overwhelming. And 2023 hasn’t made it the slightest bit easier! After all, we’ve all been rendered nose-blind, left to shop online between virtual shelves as we try to gauge the prettiness of a scent by its packaging. But, thanks to our handy buying guide and meticulous list of the 9 best Marc Jacobs perfumes the perfumery maestros have to offer, you don’t have to resort to basic bar-soap scent any longer. This is your fragrance romance, gorgeous. Never settle!
Scents are always attractive and a brilliant addition to your outfit. Marc Jacobs is well-known for making scents that have become the all-time favorites of its users. The fragrances have a unique, iconic scent that will keep you enchanted all day long. They are perfect for date nights, romantic proposals, and mid-night parties and are available in different flavors like peach, sweet honeysuckle, and grapefruit. These products are lightweight, long-lasting, and refreshing. However, some may have a strong fragrance and may contain alcohol. So, make sure to read the reviews well before you get a perfume so that you can get your perfect fit!
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Chaitra Krishnan, the author of this article, is a makeup aficionado. She is fond of unique and timeless fragrances and has a keen sense of them. Her well-researched list provides the best Marc Jacobs perfumes available on the market. She has also gone through several product reviews and user feedback on trusted forums to prepare this list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I apply my Marc Jacobs perfume?
Ideally, on your pulse points! This would include the wrists, neck, temples, behind one’s ears, in one’s elbow creases, between one’s breasts, and behind one’s knees, etc. In these zones, the blood flow is significantly closer to the skin, which heats up your fragrance oils well.
How much of my Marc Jacobs perfume should I wear?
This is altogether dependent on your personal preference; however, you should spritz enough to be able to smell the scent yet not too much as to overpower the senses. Your ‘fragrance circle’ should ideally not exceed an arm span’s length and solely when another person enters your circle must they be able to get a whiff of your fragrance.
How should I spritz my Marc Jacobs perfume?
It is recommended that you spritz from a roughly 10 inch distance away from your skin and allow it to develop. Never, ever attempt to rub. Additionally, if you’re seeking a much more natural hint of fragrance, try spritzing the scent into your hair instead of your body.
Can Marc Jacobs perfumes last all day?
Usually, perfumes last 4-6 hours (maybe even longer); however, this depends on the ingredients list and the dryness of your skin (the drier your skin or the air, the quicker the perfume dissipates).
Are Marc Jacobs perfumes cruelty-free?
Marc Jacobs Fragrances is owned by Coty and they are not cruelty-free. When required by the law, they do test on animals.
How can I make my Marc Jacobs perfume last longer on the skin?
If you’re in the habit of moisturizing your skin, the oils give something for the fragrance molecules to ‘cling’ to, thereby boosting your perfume’s staying power. So, if you find ‘matching’ Marc Jacobs body lotions or creams to all Marc Jacobs perfumes, it’s a good investment for reducing the need for re-applications.
Is layering Marc Jacobs perfumes expensive?
This isn’t necessarily true. It depends on your spritzing regime and choice of perfumes. But sometimes, layering may actually end up working out cheaper as you inadvertently may be using less fragrance in the long run.
Why can I not smell my Marc Jacobs perfume after a while?
Our noses are evolved to get desensitized to scents after they get used to all the notes in your perfume. You should be able to smell your perfume upon spraying, then not be able to smell the scent at all after 30 or 40 minutes; however, your colleagues and friends will be able to.
What should I do if I’m allergic to my Marc Jacobs perfume?
If you find yourself breaking out into rashes, experience itching or redness, find yourself coughing or develop problems with your breathing, you may truly be allergic and we recommend you avoid the perfume altogether. Always consult your physician for the same.
- Best Perfumes For Women That Will Make Heads Turn Wherever You Go
- Best Victoria’s Secret Perfumes For Women
- Best Poison Perfumes For Women
- Best Italian Perfumes
- Best Carolina Herrera Perfumes For Women