Mascaras are not meant to be “one size fits all”. Especially if you are an Asian woman you know the struggle of getting the right mascara. Getting your hands on the best mascara for Asian eyes can change the whole game in your favor. While most girls and women focus on lengthening or volumizing effects of mascara, Asian women need one that suits their hooded eyelids and monolids as well. Along with that, with naturally thin, straight, and small eyelashes, regular mascaras can’t give you that well-defined fanned-out curled lashes look.
You need a mascara specially formulated to add length and volume with an intense curl to help enhance your lashes. This would work much better than sticking on those false eyelashes each time you go out. However, with the tons of effects and formulation options out there, it may seem overwhelming to choose one for yourself. To help you get started, we have shortlisted the 11 best mascaras for Asian eyes for you to choose from.
In This Article
Top 11 Best Mascaras For Asian Eyes (Eyelashes) – Reviews & Guide
1. Best Budget-Friendly: L’Oreal Paris Makeup Telescopic Original Lengthening Mascara – Blackest Black
One of the best drugstore mascaras for Asian lashes, this Telescopic Original Mascara makes it to the top of our list for all the right reasons. True to its name, this mascara enhances your eyelashes by adding intense length and amazing definition. It comes with a patented flexible Dual Precision Brush – the flat side gives your lashes length, while the comb side grabs each and every lash to separate them beautifully. It is ophthalmologist-tested and safe to use for people with sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Plus, this formula has a smooth texture that goes on seamlessly without clumping.
- Easy to remove
- Gives you 60% longer lashes
- Smooth and clump-free application
- Includes flexible applicator wand
- Might smudge
- The wand might be flimsy.
2. Best Waterproof Formula: Secret Xpress Control 4D Silk Fiber Eyelash Mascara
The Secret Xpress Control 4D Silk Fiber Eyelash Mascara is made of non-irritating ingredients, making it suitable for all skin types. It coats each lash separately, adding volume, making the lashes look fuller and gorgeous. The waterproof and smudge-proof formula lasts long and stays fresh all day. In addition, it is hypoallergenic and doesn’t irritate or hurt sensitive eyes. This easy-to-use mascara is also an easy-to-clean formula. If you want to know more about the benefits of this product, check out this quick review on YouTube.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Easy to clean
- Might not add length to the lashes
3. Best For Lash Lift: Maybelline New York Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Mascara – Very Black
Want to create an insanely long and fluttery effect, but without the use of eyelash extensions? This Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Mascara is the one for you! An excellent drugstore mascara for Asian lashes, this formula does to your eyelashes what stilettos do for your legs, i.e., add extreme length. It features a Sweep Grip & Extend Brush that grasps every single lash and coats them evenly to lift and separate them while lending a high-shine finish. Enriched with pro-vitamin B-5, it keeps your lashes soft and conditioned with every application. Besides being easy to apply, this washable mascara is also easy to remove (with soap and water).
- Lends patent shine
- Dramatically lengthens lashes
- Contains conditioning pro-vitamin B-5
- Safe to use for contact lens wearers
- Tends to flake
- Might have a strong smell
4. Best Cruelty-Free: theBalm Cosmetics Mad Lash Mascara – Black
Achieve dramatically voluminous and defined eyelashes you have always dreamed of with this Mad Lash Mascara by theBalm Cosmetics. All you have to do is apply one coat of this intensely pigmented formula to give your natural lashes a rich black finish that lasts all day without smudging or flaking. This mascara includes an injection-molded wand that has the ability to capture every lash to lengthen, separate, and build significant volume. If your lashes could talk, they would say ‘thank you.’
- Buildable formula
- Talc and paraben-free
- Smudge and flake-proof
- Adds length and fullness
- Tends to clump
5. Best Long-Lasting Formula: Kiss Me Heroine Make Long And Curl Mascara – N 01. Black
Considered to be one of the best mascara brands for Asian eyes, Kiss Me Heroine Make Long And Curl Mascara is an award-winning Japanese beauty product. It gives your eyelashes fantastic lift and curl and makes your eyes appear more wide-awake. Infused with Chamomilla Recutita flower extract and camellia japonica seed oil, this formula nourishes and softens your lashes. All while the applicator wand with polymer fibers lengthen your eyelashes and provide long-lasting wear. Plus, this formula is lightweight, waterproof, and easy to apply.
- Features polymer fibers
- Lengthens and curls lashes
- Formulated with conditioning ingredients
- Might be difficult to remove
6. Best For Sensitive Eyes: Clinique Lash Power Mascara – Black Onyx
Take your lashes to new heights with this Clinique Lash Power Mascara that lengthens your lashes and leaves them looking gorgeous. This is an extremely good mascara for Asian eyes with short, sparse lashes as it features a unique thermal technology that helps the formula stay put for 24 hours straight. So whether you’re headed out on a humid day, going for a swim, or getting drenched in the rain, this formula does not smear or smudge. However, when you are ready to remove it, you can easily wash it off with warm water. This mascara features a precision brush that coats your lashes, even the tiniest ones, to separate them beautifully.
- 24-hour wear
- 100% fragrance-free
- Mineral oil and gluten-free
- Can also be used to coat lower lashes
- Allergy and ophthalmologist-tested
- Formulated without SLS, sulfates. And phthalates
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
- It might clump
- Slightly expensive
7. Best For Volumizing: ETUDE HOUSE Dr. Mascara Fixer For Perfect Lash – Natural
A mascara that holds a curl for long, offers volume, and is waterproof – what’s not to love about this makeup product. When applied on bare lashes, this transparent fixing gel mascara gives your upper lashes some much-needed curl that lasts for long. All while lash-loving ingredients like Iris Ensata extract and caffeine makes your lashes healthier and shinier with every swipe. This formula also works as a volume and coating fixer – apply it before your main mascara to create a thick and full dramatic effect and swipe it after the mascara for a clump-free definition.
- A little goes a long way
- Smudge-proof and clump-free
- Makes your lashes healthy
- Lends curled up, voluminous lashes
- Might be difficult to remove
8. Best For Lash Definition: Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara
Transform your lashes into long, curly beauties with the Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara. It lengthens your lashes and defines curls without any smudging. You can wear this mascara to create dramatic bold looks such as a multi-dimensional fanned look without the fear of clumping or flaking. In addition, this mascara comes with a patented brush that enhances the ease of application for individual lashes.
9. Best Buildable Formula: Etude House Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara – #1 Black
You can transform even the most stubborn, super straight lashes into luscious, perfectly curled beauties with this mascara. Your lashes stay curled throughout the day, showing no signs of drooping. Thanks to the curved shape of the included c curl brush, you can easily coat your lashes, including the tiny and hard-to-reach ones, providing buildable volume. Besides the super impressive curl technology, this formula is waterproof, sebum-proof, and sweat-proof. So rest assured, this formula won’t smudge or smear even through rain and sweat.
- Long-lasting for 24 hours
- Does not clump
- Waterproof and sweat-proof
- Lends perfectly lifted and curled lashes
- Might be hard to remove
10. Best Non-Drying Formula: Benefit They’re Real Beyond Mascara
The Benefit They’re Real Beyond Mascara is jet-black in color. It lengthens, curls, lifts, volumizes, and separates the lashes without smudging. The brush is specially designed to maximize the performance of this long-wearing mascara with its glossy effect. Staggered bristles help to curl the lashes quite smoothly. The mascara offers boosting length, luxurious silky lashes that won’t dry out.
- Bright & thick color
- The brush is a bit flimsy.
11. Best Flake-Free: DHC Double Protection Mascara
The DHC Double Protection Mascara is formulated with unique polymer technology that coats each lash in a waterproof binding. As a result, the mascara stays longer to give you a smudge- free and flake-free look. The beeswax infused in the formula solidifies and strengthens the eyelashes, while kaolin absorbs excess oil to lock the color of the mascara. In addition, the brush comes with ultra-fine bristles and a pointed tip that reaches the corner of the tiniest eyelash to make it appear longer.
- Easy to remove
- No added fragrance
- Fine-bristled applicator
- Flattens your curling effect
Before buying a mascara, go through the points given below to help you pick the right mascara formula for your Asian lashes.
What To Look For When Choosing The Ideal Mascara For Asian Lashes
- The type of brush: The brush you use has a considerable role to play when it comes to how you want your lashes to look. For Asian lashes, you need an applicator wand that will coat all your lashes evenly from root to tip. However, the length of the bristles may vary depending on the appearance you are going for. For instance, thick, dense bristles are great for adding volume, while pointed shaped brush with well-spaced bristles works well for lengthening your lashes.
- Formulation: Most mascaras these days either contain natural ingredients or are hypoallergenic, with more and more people shifting towards clean beauty. The type of formula you choose depends on your preference and your skin type. If you have sensitive skin or eyes or wear contact lenses, it’s best to opt for a mascara that is allergy and ophthalmologist-tested and free of harmful chemicals.
- Desired effect: A mascara that lengthens, volumizes, curls, and defines is the perfect formula for Asian lashes. However, if you wear glasses, you wouldn’t want a mascara that makes your lashes long as it will touch your spectacles, ruining both your lashes and your glasses. So it is essential to understand your eyelash type and the look you want.
- Waterproof: Choose a mascara that’s waterproof or water-resistant as it will help maintain a curl. Plus, when you sweat or get rained on, this formula won’t bleed or smudge.
- Long-wearing: Opt for a formula that is buildable and has good staying power with full-day coverage. But, if you don’t prefer a potent formula and don’t mind reapplying throughout the day, you could pick a mascara that lasts at least until mid-day.
Advantages Of Using Mascara
- Lifts and elongates lashes
- Adds color or a rich black finish
- Helps maintain a curl
- Volumizes lashes and gives them a lush look
- Some mascaras condition and nourish lashes
- Makes your eyes appear bigger and more awake
How Do You Apply Mascara On Asian Eyes
Step 1: Use an eyelash curler to lift and lengthen your lashes. Open the eyelash curler and place it at the base of your lashes. Close and gently squeeze the lashes for a few seconds to curl them.
Step 2: Apply primer to your lashes. This will make your lashes smooth and make it much easier to apply mascara. Once applied, wait for 30 seconds before applying mascara.
Step 3: Choose your favorite mascara formula. Take the brush out of the tube and wipe off any excess on a cloth or the tube’s edge.
Step 4: Place the wand at the base of your upper lashes and use a zig-zag motion to swipe it from root to tip.
Step 5: Now, coat your lower lashes using the tip of the wand and wiggle it back and forth.
Step 6: Follow the same step, but turn the wand diagonally or vertically to coat those tiny lashes at the inner and outer corners of your eyes.
We have rounded up the 11 best mascaras for Asian eyes (lashes) that are sure to give your lashes amazing lift, curl, and thickness while making them look brighter and wide awake. No matter you have poker-straight upper lashes that refuse to stay curled or short and thin lashes that need a little fullness, the right mascara can do it all. Although eyelash extensions on Asian eyes look great, they may not be an ideal for daily use. These high-performance mascaras can give your lashes a beautiful falsie effect but still look natural. So are you ready to upgrade your beauty arsenal with these products! Which of these mascaras have you tried? Let us know in the comments below!
Why Trust Stylecraze
Chaitra Krishnan, the author of this article, is a makeup fanatic. She loves to explore various products used in makeup and studies all the ingredients keenly to bring the best list for readers. The list of the best mascaras for Asian eyes is curated after extensive research and reviewing customer feedback from various trusted platforms. These add length and volume and give a perfect curl to enhance your eye makeup. In addition, these are smudge-proof and long-lasting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the color of mascara important for Asian lashes?
The color of the mascara does not play a vital role in how Asian lashes appear. If you prefer a natural lash look for everyday wear, it’s best to opt for black or brown mascara. But, if you like trying something different, you could always choose other colors.
How do Asian eyelashes stay curled?
You need to look for a mascara formula that is waterproof or has curl-maintaining property. You could also curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler right before applying.
What is the best mascara for short Asian lashes?
Most mascaras on our list have lash lengthening qualities, but if we had to choose one, we would suggest Clinique Lash Power Mascara. This formula makes short lashes appear long. It features a precision brush that coats all lashes, even the small ones, to separate them and create a defined look.
How to prevent mascara from smudging or flaking?
A waterproof formula can prevent your mascara from smudging or flaking. Besides that, you could also opt for tubing mascaras that coat lashes in polymers instead of black pigment, while offering excellent staying power.
Why does your mascara brush matter?
A mascara brush plays an essential role in transforming your lashes and giving you the desired effect. Using a wrong brush can turn your lashes into a clumpy mess or make them look like spider legs. So do opt for an applicator wand that best suits your eyelash type.
Should I be worried about preservatives in my mascara?
In cosmetics, preservatives are mainly used to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold in the product. But parabens and formaldehyde-releasing preservatives are said to be harmful to your health. Remember to read the ingredient list of a product and maybe avoid products that contain most parabens or some formaldehyde-releasing ingredients.
How are numerous coats of mascara best?
Numerous mascara coats, to be precise, 3 to 4 coats, can help you achieve excellent volume and length, while also lending a more defined finish.
- Best False Eyelashes For Asian Eyes
- Best Mascaras That Don’t Flake For Fuller Lashes
- Best Blue Mascaras For Different Eyes