Our skin care routines vary a great deal; we all do things a little differently, depending on our lifestyle, preference, budget, skin type, etc. But one thing that’s common with almost all of us is, none of us really do anything about our pores. Isn’t it true? I might come across as paranoid at this point, but trust me when I say this – it can decide how makeup settles on your face. Don’t believe me? Look closely in the mirror the day you scrub. There are blackheads, whiteheads, and freckles, and then there are pores, which is a whole new ball game. Because, they are very prominent, and even after masking them with layers of makeup, they ultimately turn up again. Especially if you have oily skin, your makeup will invariably wear off, and all that will remain are big, visible pores. But, wait, we have some news for you. Read on to find out what’s in store: hint – it’s pore minimizer!
How Does A Pore Minimizer Work?
I know I said good news, but before that, let’s take a look at how pore minimizers work. The concept of pores is great – they secrete oil and sebum that keep your skin hydrated and soft. However, excess oil secretion and dust, etc. can lead to clogged pores, which is where all problems arise. Some of us have larger pores than others, and this is mostly a genetic issue, but for the rest of us, it is due to age and all the damage that has happened over the years. While there’s nothing you can do about massive pores apart from opting for cosmetic surgeries, there are workarounds for this. There, the good-news (see what I did there?).
Thanks to the advancement in the cosmetic industry, pore minimizer creams have come to our rescue. While they don’t physically reduce the size of the pores, they work to make them appear smaller than they are, which is what we need anyway. There are a few ingredients that work to our advantage. We have dug deep and came up with the top ten pore minimizers available in the market. Check them out.
Best Pore Minimizer Product Reviews
1. Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer
Perricone, as a brand, believes in creating products that become a part of your life, and they strive to deliver that promise. This intensive pore minimizer is free of sulfates, parabens or any other synthetic ingredients or fragrances. It contains potent ingredients like DMAE, which takes care of elasticity issues that come with aging. The alpha lipoic acid exfoliates your skin, making it smoother and softer; the salicylic acid deeply cleanses your pores and clears the clogged ones; and the proprietary mineral complex works on tightening the skin and making it look young and fresh.
- Value for money.
- Delivers what it promises.
- Spray bottle, easy to dispense.
- Lasts a couple of months at least.
- Smells herbal, so might put some people off.
2. Dr. Brandt Pores No More
If you have been looking out for a pore minimizer, chances are you already stumbled upon this one. Dr. Brandt Pores No Primer is a miracle in a tube. It suits all skin types. It’s creamy, yet settles down in a powdery texture and gives your skin an even tone. It practically makes your pores invisible. It contains tea tree oil and flaxseed extracts,whichwork on fine lines and absorb oil; plus the mineral powder keeps it all intact and fresh.
- Works great with a foundation.
- Covers up pores and gives your skin an even tone.
- A little product is enough.
- Product wears off after a few hours.
3. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – Pore Minimizing
Good news for vegans – yes, you can use it. Your foundation needs a base like this that helps with minimizing pores. Otherwise, any amount of makeup can fall flat at the end of the day. That’s where Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer comes to the rescue. The gel formula controls oil and balances out shine, without making it too flaky or oily. It helps to smoothen your skin out and dramatically camouflage your pores. Follow it up with a liquid or cream based foundation for best results.
- Paraben and sulfate free.
- Works on all skin types.
- Long lasting.
- Can feel heavy on the skin.
4. Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher
The popularity of the brand Estee Lauder is no news to anyone who has a thing for cosmetics – they are known for delivering luxury products at affordable prices. This product is super easy to use and makes you look effortlessly flawless. You need one pump of this before applying your moisturizer. It smoothens out any flakiness or bumpiness, and gives your skin an instant glow. If you need something simple, easy, and efficient, the buck stops here.
- Makeup lasts longer.
- Looks and smells great.
- Great texture.
- Is not very effective for very large pores
5. Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Serum
With Clinique, you just know that their products are potent and value for money. This serum visibly makes your skin look young, and clears off any grime or dust on the skin’s surface, which is the cause of all major issues. You cannot go back once you start using this.
- Makes your skin look younger and smoother.
- Tightens your skin.
- Oil-free; works on all skin types.
Rating – 4.7
6. Bobbi Brown Skin Smoothing Pore Perfector Primer
Bobbi Brown’s Skin Smoothing Pore Perfector Primer has algae extract, which is loaded with minerals that hydrate your skin and acts as a great moisturizer too; and glucosamine, which helps in improving your skin’s texture. It not only smoothens out pores, but also blurs out fine lines, making your skin look vibrant and fresh.
- Light, and easy to on the skin.
- Covers bigger pores too.
- Instantly diminishes fine lines too.
- Might not be as effective in extremely humid weather conditions.
7. Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen
Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen stays true to its name and makes your skin look silky smooth. Sunscreens usually make your skin look chalky and pale, but this one from Tatcha is nothing like you have ever seen before. It protects you from the sun without compromising on the texture. The silk extract makes your skin feel remarkably smooth, while the Japanese Wildrose works on tightening your skin and diminishing those pores. It also contains a unique ingredient – loquat leaf extract, which is a natural antioxidant that soothes your skin and keeps it healthy.
- Takes care of pores and uneven skin tone.
- Added Spf, gives you sun protection and acts as an anti-tan cream.
- Pricey for the quantity.
8. Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Concentrate Women
If you are looking for a product that can turn tables around, this is it. Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Concentrate Women is formulated with alguronic and salicylic acid that control oil secretion and cleanse deeply clogged pores. The serum-like texture is light and refines the overall texture of your skin.
- Dermatologist tested.
- Paraben and chemical free.
- Reduces melanin production.
- Works for all skin types.
- Might not work as effectively on very large pores.
9. Kiehl’s – Precision Lifting & Pore-Tightening Concentrate
Kiehl’s – Precision Lifting & Pore-Tightening Concentrate does precisely what it promises. With ingredients like nutritional micro-filtered yeast extract, it lifts your skin and tightens your pores, which is what is needed to make your skin look young and vibrant. It contains geranium essential oil, which works effectively as an anti-aging agent.
- Works as an anti-aging cream as well.
- Brightens dull looking skin.
- Has a nice floral fragrance.
- Does not work that well for oily skin.
10. SKIN INC. Vitamin C Serum Rebalance And Tackle Pores
Skin Inc. Vitamin C Serum Rebalance And Tackle Pores minimizer is loaded with a host of vitamins that are vital for healthy skin. While Vitamin E balances the production of sebum and oil, the patented Japanese seaweed technology keeps the potency of the vitamins intact through the life of the serum.
- It is hydrating and keeps skin looking fresh for a long time.
- Multi-purpose serum.
- Might not as be very effective for oily skin.
*Prices may vary depending on the seller, availability, etc.
*Subject to Availability
While pore minimizers help to a great extent, it is important to include little things that come a long way to help with the overall health of your skin. Exfoliate your skin regularly and always follow it up with a toner. CTM (cleanse, tone, and moisturize) should be your mantra. Not using a toner after you scrub creates many issues that you only see after a few years have passed. Take care of it while you can. So, if you have any more questions on this, feel free to drop a text in the comment section below. Hope this helps.
- 12 Best Skin Tightening Creams for 2018 in India
- 10 Best Primers For Oily Skin and Large Pores
- 12 Best Scrubs For Removing Blackheads for 2018
- Top 10 Acne Control Products – 2018 Update
Latest posts by Pratima Ati (see all)
- 13 Best Plus Size Brands For Women’s Workout Clothes - July 16, 2018
- Most Comfortable Pantyhose For Women - July 16, 2018
- 15 Stylish Plus Size Cardigans - July 10, 2018
- Simple And Affordable Wedding Dresses – Best Online Stores To Buy From - July 6, 2018
- Cute Plus Size Summer Dresses - July 2, 2018