Choosing the best eyeshadow palette for beginners is important to nail the perfect eye makeup look. However, the art of makeup is not easy. It takes a good amount of practice and patience to perfect the looks. While not all of us can nail elegant glamorous looks that are tricky, we sure can start easy! The first step is to get the right makeup products. For eye makeup, these would be good kohl and a good-quality eyeshadow palette. Make sure you set out with the right colors, to begin with subtle, easy looks. But if you are confident, by all means, go all out with the brightest colors!
Good eye makeup attracts a lot of eyes and compliments. People often notice your eye makeup as the first thing on your face. However, selecting your eyeshadow palette can get tricky. You have to look for the right highly pigmented shades that last long hours. Several brands offer multiple shadow palettes, and choosing one for yourself is not easy. To help you narrow down the search, we have listed the 13 best eyeshadow palettes for beginners right here. So go ahead and take a look.
In This Article
Top 13 Eyeshadow Palette for Beginners In 2023
1. Best All-In-One:Prism Makeup Highly Pigmented Eye Makeup Palette
The Prism Makeup Eyeshadow Palette is a magical eyeshadow palette that covers all the shades you would ever need for your eye makeup needs as a beginner. This rainbow palette has over 40 gorgeous shades, including glitters, shiny metallics, shimmers, and neutrals. These eyeshadow shades are intensely pigmented and give a one-swipe application. The shades are versatile to suit all skin tones. You can mix and match them as you like for endless possibilities.
The eyeshadows have a smooth and blendable texture and are long-lasting. This artistry palette is lightweight and thus, travel-friendly. Whether you are a professional or a beginner at makeup, you can create light-catching looks for different occasions easily with this all-in-one palette. This complete eyeshadow collection has all the shades for shading, highlighting, transition, and definition.
- Intensely pigmented
- For all skin types and skin tones
- A mix of matte, metallic, shimmer gloss, foil, neutrals, and satin shades
- Value for money
- Easy to blend shades
- Lightweight and travel-friendly size
2. Best Pocket-Friendly:Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow
Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow is available in 4 oh-so beautiful and versatile shades that last long and are perfect for beginners. The rich and velvety shades are designed to create a look right from subtle to sultry and are crease-resistant, smudge-proof and do not fade away easily. It’s an ophthalmologist-tested and verified product to ensure that you use a safe product on your skin. So, what are you waiting for?
- The product lasts for up to 16 hours
- Does not cause irritation
- Perfect for beginners
- Not suitable for all skin tones
3. Best Long-Wearing:Lamora Au Naturel Nudes Eye Shadow Palette
Lamora Au Naturel Nudes Eye Shadow Palette with 16 gorgeous shades is a must-have for every woman. Prepared using top-quality ingredients, this ultra-micron-sized highly pigmented eyeshadow has lasting power and blendability. The rose gold shimmers and dark browns give a regal and glamorous look. Using an eyeshadow base or an eyelid primer will bring out the actual colors making it a perfect choice for everyday wear. Be it shimmery, matte, or metallic, these earthy colors create a naturally beautiful to dramatic smokey eye makeup look.
- Sleek with a magnetic lid makes it a perfect travel partner
- Can be used in both dry or wet form
- Stays on for long hours
- Some pigmentation issues were reported by users
4. Best Cost-Effective:The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette Maybelline New York
The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette has been formulated using advanced technology and comes in 12 dazzling shades of beige and bronze infused with rose gold pigments which is a perfect palette for beginners. These beautiful and expertly curated shades create a versatile and sensuous look. This palette comes with a double-ended applicator that surely elevates the application experience.
- Having double-ended sponge applicators is an added advantage
- Beautiful and user-friendly packaging and perfect for gifting
- Some users reported low color payoff
5. Best Crease-Free:wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow
Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow glides on the eye, giving a buildable coverage without giving a cakey or creased finish. These 5 shimmery and 5 matte shades add flawless color to your eyelids. Its silky smooth and highly pigmented formula prevents fading and gives an all-day fresh and natural look. The reformulated Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette comes in a mixture of exciting and eye-enhancing colors giving that impeccable blending.
- 100% cruelty-free
- Extremely cost-effective
- Light-weight and crease-free
- Affordable option
- Product quantity maybe a little less
6. Best Travel-Friendly:Milani Most Loved Mattes Eyeshadow Palette
The Milani Most Loved Matte Eyeshadow is a highly pigmented eyeshadow with beautiful shades in a matte finish. The perfectly curated compact case comes in a range of neutrals to alluring to deep hues. The shades add depth and definition when blended but with such fine colors, they look equally good when worn alone too. The product is cruelty-free.
- A mirror is included in the case
- Color combinations are awesome
- Travel friendly can be carried on vacations
- Rare issues of fallout
7. Best With Glitter Shades:CLIO Pro Layering Eye Palette
CLIO Pro Layering Eye Palette features the most desirable shades of pink. The shades, when played around with, offer a finishing touch that will turn heads wherever you go! All the shades can be easily layered and are suitable for both beginners and professionals. A small built-in mirror helps in checking your makeup before entering any room. The compact case comes with a fine brush too.
- Has limitless varieties of matte to glitter to the new crystal glitter shades
- Complete with mirror and brush
- Being compact it can fit into your purse too
- Crystal glitter tends to get scattered in the case
8. Best Ultra-Buttery Formula:DE’LANCI New Nude Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
The DE’LANCI New Nude Neutral Eyeshadow Palette is designed to provide you with endless possibilities for creating stunning and sophisticated makeup looks with its smooth and buttery formula. The 15 highly pigmented shades, from shiny metallic finish to soft matte and natural tones, offer an array of options for you to mix and match and explore creative looks. These beautiful shades work wonders with every eye color and skin tone. The formula is super easy to blend and has an intense color payoff that is water-proof and long-lasting. With a unique blend of softer powders that adhere to the eyes, it provides you with a smooth and even application. This versatile eyeshadow palette is the perfect choice for creating creative and sophisticated looks. It is ideal for both beginners and makeup enthusiasts alike.
- Long-lasting formula
- Easy to blend
- High coverage
- Includes shimmery and matte shades
- Rich color payoff
- Easy to use
- 15-color wide shade range
- Water-proof formula
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Easy to carry
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and skin
- Cracks easily
9. Best With Warm Shades:Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow Palette- Modern Renaissance
Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow Palette includes one satin, two metallic, and 11 matte finish shades that are highly pigmented and come with an easy-to-blend formula. The case comes with a dual-ended brush and a mirror, which make touch-ups possible wherever you are, and hence are a good addition for beginners. This essential eyeshadow collection offers a versatile color range to give that dramatic eye look.
- Has rich, warm-toned shades
- Comes with an applicator brush and mirror
- Rich and stunning color payoff
- Shades may vary
10. Best For All Skin Tones:L’Oreal Paris LA Palette Nude
L’Oreal Paris LA Palette Nude contains 10 highly pigmented shades that flatter every skin tone. This is a must-have palette for all makeup enthusiasts who wish to master the art of nude makeup. The compact palette comes with a dual-tipped brush having a foam side for application and a bristle side for blending and layering. Upon flipping, it reveals a mirror, a thoughtful gesture from the manufacturer, thereby allowing you to carry it with you everywhere and is a perfect suit for official meetings, parties, and gatherings.
- Compact and handy to carry in your purse
- Application is smooth and even
- Flattering on all skin tones
- Shades may not match the picture
11. Best Pigmented:ETUDE HOUSE Play Color Eyes- Caffeine Holic
ETUDE-HOUSE Play Color Eyes in Caffeine Holic as the name suggests, is replete with lovely shades of coffee enticing you to create beautiful looks. The gorgeous shades are soft and long-lasting just perfect for a formal as well as party look and is also a perfect choice for weddings and halloween makeup. The glitter gives you that extra sparkle to take on the day!
- Vibrant shades of pink-red browns that are perfect for all skin tones
- Glittery shades offer great payoff
- Perfectly pigmented
- Glitters and shimmers may need your eyelids to be primed for best results
12. Best Blendable Shades:Too Faced Natural Matte Palette
The Too Faced Natural Matte Palette is an amalgamation of 9 stunning shades. The powdery shades when paired together blend easily. This award-winning palette with a subtle and pretty matte finish gives one a stunning look. The neutral colors can be worn all day without creasing making it simple and easy for beginners.
- Blendable shades
- Perfect size for travel
- Has an appealing scent
- Stays on for long hours
- Price may be slightly high
13. Best In 3 Finishes:NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Ultimate Shadow Palette
This eyeshadow palette is what dreams are made of! These 12 shades from the NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Ultimate Shadow Palette are super smooth and offer high pigmentation. The eyeshadow palette is cruelty-free, certified by PETA, so you can rest assured that none of your furry friends were harmed in the production of this gorgeous palette. This shadow palette is also trusted by professionals.
- Long-lasting look
- Best shades for an eye-popping look
- Comes in matte, metallic, and shimmer finishes
- Price may be slightly higher than competitors
Choosing an eyeshadow palette that works well with your needs and your skin tone might sound like a task that makes you want to pull your hair out. Check this buying guide out to know more.
Choosing The Best Eyeshadow Palette That Works Well For You – A Buying Guide
With such a wide variety of shades coming in a single palette, selecting the best eyeshadow is especially tough for beginners. To make your life easier we have compiled a list of some useful tips to keep in mind on your next eyeshadow splurge:
- Eye color
Choosing eyeshadows that complement the color of your eyes is important. Do a few swatches and try out different shades before you settle on a single palette if you are new to the whole eyeshadow game. For example, black or brown eyes should go for darker and deeper shades of green, blue, and red. Someone with blue or gray eyes should opt for crimson hues such as wine red, copper, and bronze. Amber-eyed women should choose colors like mocha, purple, or deep burgundy, while green-eyed women should opt for lighter shades of pink or purple.
Shades that suit your complexion should be your next priority when purchasing the perfect eyeshadow palette for yourself. Your skin undertones can help you make the correct choice. Someone with cooler undertones could opt for a light green shade or a shimmery gold one. Warmer undertones warrant the use of shades of brown and bronze with purple.
Choose your eyeshadow palette based on the kind of usage you expect from it. If you want an eyeshadow palette specifically for work, choose one with matte shades that make you look like the #bossbabe that you are! When choosing a palette for party looks, opt for one with more glittery and dark shades to complement your look in low light settings. Smokey eyes and shimmery eyeshadows will make your eyes pop.
A Beginners Guide To Eye Makeup
To nail that perfect look be it for your office or a night out with #squad is important. But what does it take to look picture-perfect when it comes to doing your eye makeup? Read these easy-to-follow tips below to find out how your eye makeup can make you look like the glamorous queen you are:
- Always use a primer to get that perfect base for your eyeshadow to adhere to your eyelid, giving you the long-lasting look.
- Start small, use a basic palette for an everyday look that preferably has a highlighter, a mid-tone matte shade, a darker shade for contouring, and finally a black shade to finish the look.
- Have the right tools to apply your eye makeup correctly. These include a flat brush for application, a fluffy brush for blending, and a smudging brush. Shimmer shades are best applied with your fingers.
- First, apply the lighter shade on the inner corner of your eye and near the tear duct area. Always tap your brush to remove excess product from it. Also, use this same color to highlight the eyebrow arches. You can dip the brush in a little water to gain maximum pigmentation from the color.
- Apply the mid-tone shade using the blending brush by blending inwards close to the crease.
- Now use the contouring shade on the crease but not higher than the mid-tone shade. Apply a layer of the mid-tone and contour shade underneath the bottom lash for added depth.
- Now apply the matte black shade on the outer edge of the crease and let it meet the bottom of the end of the bottom lash line.
Complete the look with eyeliner and mascara.
Infographic: Eyeshadow Palettes For Beginners: How To Choose
It is critical to select the best eyeshadow palette for beginners in order to achieve flawless eye makeup. Perfecting any look takes a lot of practice and patience and the right formula. The infographic below will help you understand how to choose the perfect eyeshadow palettes for beginners. Check it out!
As a beginner, it is slightly difficult to master the art of makeup. But using these eyeshadow palettes is an easy start. They help enhance the eyes and impart you an attractive look. These palettes help define your eye and make them pop. They are available in various finishes like shimmer, satin and matte. The eyeshadow palettes easily blend with other makeup products. Unleash your creativity with options like the Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow with its reliable and cost-effective formula, suitable for beginners, the Lamora Au Naturel Nudes Eye Shadow Palette that enables experimental neutral looks, or the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette that delivers premium-quality, vibrantly pigmented shades. These eyeshadows are non-creasing, smudge-proof, and lightweight. Avoid eyeshadow palettes that do not provide enough coverage and have a chalky texture.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Srijani Roy Chowdhury, the author, is a makeup enthusiast who loves writing beauty articles and is passionate about experimenting with new trends. She conducted in-depth research of product specifications and analyzed user reviews posted on trusted online platforms to curate this list of the best eyeshadow palettes for beginners. The recommended products offer great coverage, last long, and have crease-proof and waterproof formulas.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get eyeshadow to stay on all day?
The best way to get your eyeshadow to stay on all day is to apply an eye primer on the base of your eyelids. The primer acts like an adhesive and makes your eyeshadow hold onto your skin longer.
How long does an eyeshadow palette last?
That entirely depends on your usage and the pigmentation the eyeshadow offers.
Does eyeshadow expire if unopened?
An unopened box of eyeshadow, if stored correctly, will last for about 3 years post which its preservatives start losing their effects rendering the eyeshadow useless. Make sure to store it in a cool and dry place.
What color eyeshadow will make gray eyes pop?
Shades of red like maroon and burgundy along with brown, copper, and bronze are the best eyeshadow shades to make gray eyes pop.
How do you do good eyeshadow for beginners?
Always start with a good-quality brush and an eye primer for a long-lasting effect. Next, create a base by applying a neutral shade to your eyelid and highlighting the crease of your eyes with a darker shade. You can add a shimmer or any shade of your choice on the center of the lid and blend it well. Finish off the look with some mascara and eyeliner.
How do you apply eyeshadow every day?
For an every day look, you can stick with browns and neutral shades. Emphasize on the crease to make your eye appear larger. Use an eyeliner pencil on the waterline and add a light layer of mascara to complete the look.