Applying makeup is hard. It is not something that everyone is equipped to do, especially if you can’t buy the right kind of makeup for yourself. Many makeup artists agree that it takes a lot of hard work and patience and a LOT of time to master the application of makeup. Buying the right makeup is important as getting the right products that suit your skin and skin tone is a job half done. This is especially important when it comes to eye makeup, specifically your eyeshadow.
Your eyes have the ability to captivate people and are one of the first things that people notice about you. And as the saying goes, a first impression is the last impression, so why not rock that first impression? Choosing the correct eyeshadow palette is crucial to nailing that perfect smokey eye or the frosted look. But with such a wide variety of eyeshadow palettes, and new ones releasing almost every day, narrowing down the perfect one for you might seem exhausting. Well, you are in luck. We have curated a list of the 13 best eyeshadow palettes for you to choose from. Read on to find out.
Table Of Contents
Top 13 Eyeshadow Palette for Beginners In 2020
Beauty Glazed Color Fusion Over the Rainbow Eyeshadow Palette comes in a compact case with beautiful rainbow shades in super pigmented and creamy powder form. This palette comes with 39 shades that are available in shimmery, matte, and metallic finish, giving one the best of both worlds! This perfectly blendable shade can stay put all day long if applied with a primer as a base. It suits all, be it learners, beginners, or professionals. The vibrant shades of yellows and reds will make you stand out wherever you go.
- Water and sweat-resistant
- Highly pigmented
- May cause fallouts
Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow is available in 4 oh-so beautiful and versatile shades that last long and are perfect for beginners. The rich and velvety shades are designed to create a look right from subtle to sultry and are crease-proof, smudge-proof and do not fade away easily. It’s an ophthalmologist-tested and verified product to ensure that you use a safe product on your skin. So, what are you waiting for?
- The product lasts for up to 16 hours
- Does not cause irritation
- Perfect for beginners
- Not suitable for all skin tones
Lamora Au Naturel Nudes Eye Shadow Palette with 16 gorgeous shades is a must-have for every woman. Prepared using top-quality ingredients, this ultra-micron-sized highly pigmented eyeshadow has lasting power and blendability. The rose gold and dark browns give a regal and glamorous look. Using an eyeshadow base or an eyelid primer will bring out the actual colors making it a perfect choice for everyday makeup. Be it shimmery, matte, or metallic, these earthy colors create a naturally beautiful to dramatic smokey eye look.
- Sleek with a magnetic lid makes it a perfect travel partner
- Can be used in both dry or wet form
- Stays on for long hours
- Some pigmentation issues were reported by users
The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette has been formulated using advanced technology and comes in 12 dazzling shades of beige and bronze infused with rose gold pigments which is a perfect palette for beginners. These beautiful and expertly curated shades create a versatile and sensuous look. This palette comes with a double-ended applicator that surely elevates the application experience.
- Having double-ended sponge applicators is an added advantage
- Beautiful packing and perfect for gifting
- Some users reported low color payoff
Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow glides on the eye without giving a cakey or creased finish. These 5 shimmery and 5 matte shades add flawless color to your eyelids. Its silky smooth and highly pigmented formula prevents fading and gives an all-day fresh look. The reformulated Color Icon Eyeshadow comes in a mixture of exciting colors giving that impeccable blending.
- 100% cruelty-free
- Extremely cost-effective
- Light-weight and crease-free
- Product quantity maybe a little less
The Milani Most Loved Matte Eyeshadow is a highly pigmented eyeshadow with beautiful shades in a matte finish. The perfectly curated compact case comes in a range of neutrals to alluring to deep hues. The shades add depth and definition when blended but with such fine colors, they look equally good when worn alone too. The product is cruelty-free.
- A mirror is included in the case
- Color combinations are awesome
- Travel friendly can be carried on vacations
- Rare issues of fallout
CLIO Pro Layering Eye Palette features the most desirable shades of pink. The shades when played around with, offer a finishing touch that will turn heads wherever you go! A small built-in mirror helps in checking your makeup before entering any room. The compact case comes with a fine brush too.
- Has limitless varieties of matte to glitter to the new crystal glitter shades
- Complete with mirror and brush
- Being compact it can fit into your purse too
- Crystal glitter tends to get scattered in the case
Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette comes with 2 rose-hued neutral shades of soft matte, shiny metallic finish. These beautiful shades work wonders with every eye color and skin tone. The product is paraben, sulfates and phthalate-free and hence safe for use on the delicate eye area. With shades ranging from dusty pink mattes to rose-gold shimmers, a soft glow to dramatic smokey eye makeup can be achieved.
- Has a rich velvety texture and finish
- Offers a smooth finish
- A wide variety of colors allows many looks
- May cause heavy fallout
Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow Palette includes a satin, two metallic, and 11 matte finish shades that are highly pigmented and come with an easy-to-blend formula. The case comes with a dual-ended brush and a mirror which makes touchups possible wherever you are a good addition for beginners. This essential eyeshadow collection offers a versatile color range to give that dramatic eye look.
- Has rich, warm and attractive shades
- Comes with an applicator brush and mirror
- Rich color payoff
- Shades may vary
L’Oreal Paris LA Palette Nude contains 10 highly pigmented shades that flatter every skin tone. This is a must-have palette for all makeup enthusiasts who wish to master the art of nude makeup. The compact palette comes with a dual-tipped brush having a foam side for application and a bristle side for blending and layering. Upon flipping, it reveals a mirror, a thoughtful gesture from the manufacturer, thereby allowing you to carry it with you everywhere.
- Compact and handy to carry in your purse
- Application is smooth and even
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Shades may not match the picture
ETUDE-HOUSE Play Color Eyes in Caffeine Holic as the name suggests, is replete with lovely shades of coffee enticing you to create beautiful looks. The gorgeous shades are soft and long-lasting just perfect for a formal as well as party look. The glitter gives you that extra sparkle to take on the day!
- Vibrant shades of pink-red browns that are perfect for all skin tones
- Glittery shades offer great payoff
- Perfectly pigmented
- Glitters and shimmers may need your eyelids to be primed for best results
The Too Faced Natural Matte Palette is an amalgamation of 9 stunning shades. The powdery shades when paired together blend easily. This award-winning palette with a subtle and pretty matte finish gives one a stunning look. The neutral colors can be worn all day without creasing making it simple and easy for beginners.
- Blendable shades
- Perfect size for travel
- Has an appealing scent
- Stays on for long hours
- Price may be slightly high
This eyeshadow palette is what dreams are made of! These 12 shades from the NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Ultimate Shadow Palette are super smooth and offer high pigmentation. The palette is cruelty-free, certified by PETA, so you can rest assured that none of your furry friends were harmed in the production of this gorgeous palette.
- Long-lasting look
- Best shades for an eye-popping look
- Comes in 3 finishes— matte, shimmer and metallic
- Price may be slightly higher than competitors
Choosing an eyeshadow palette that works well with your needs and your skin tone might sound like a task that makes you want to pull your hair out. Check this buying guide out to know more.
Choosing The Best Eyeshadow Palette That Works Well For You – A Buying Guide
With such a wide variety of shades coming in a single palette, selecting the best eyeshadow is especially tough for beginners. To make your life easier we have compiled a list of some useful tips to keep in mind on your next eyeshadow splurge:
- Eye color
Choosing eyeshadows that complement the color of your eyes is important. Do a few swatches and try out different shades before you settle on a single palette if you are new to the whole eyeshadow game. For example, black or brown eyes should go for darker and deeper shades of green, blue and red. Someone with blue or gray eyes should opt for the crimson hues such as wine red, copper and bronze. Amber-eyed women should choose colors like mocha, purple, or a deep burgundy, while green-eyed women should opt for lighter shades of pink or purple.
Shades that suit your complexion should be your next priority when purchasing the perfect eyeshadow palette for yourself. Your skin undertones can help you make the correct choice. Someone with cooler undertones could opt for a light green shade or a shimmery gold one. Warmer undertones warrant for the use of shades of brown and bronze with purple.
Choose your eyeshadow palette based on the kind of usage you expect from it. If you want an eyeshadow palette specifically for work, choose one with matte shades that make you look like the #bossbabe that you are! When choosing a palette for party looks, opt for one with more glittery and dark shades to complement your look in low light settings. Smokey eyes and shimmery eyeshadows will make your eyes pop.
A Beginners Guide To Eye Makeup
To nail that perfect look be it for your office or a night out with #squad is important. But what does it take to look picture perfect when it comes to doing your eye makeup? Read these tips below to find out how your eye makeup can make you look like the glamorous queen you are:
- Always use a primer to get that perfect base for your eyeshadow to adhere to your eyelid, giving you the long-lasting look.
- Start small, use a basic palette for an everyday look which preferably has a highlighter, a mid-tone matte shade, a darker shade for contouring and finally a black shade to finish the look.
- Have the right tools to apply your eye makeup correctly. These include a flat brush for application, a brush for blending and a smudging brush.
- First, apply the lighter shade on the inner corner of your eye and near the tear duct area. Always tap your brush to remove excess product from it. Also, use this same color to highlight the eyebrow arches. You can dip the brush in a little water to gain maximum pigmentation from the color.
- Apply the mid-tone shade using the blending brush by blending inwards close to the crease.
- Now use the contouring shade on the crease but not higher than the mid-tone shade. Apply a layer of the mid-tone and contour shade underneath the bottom lash for added depth.
- Now apply the matte black shade on the outer edge of the crease and let it meet the bottom of the end of the bottom lash line.
Complete the look with eyeliner and mascara.
A little practice will take you a long way in pulling off the perfect eye makeup that you desire. Our comprehensive list of the best eyeshadow palettes available will surely help you master your eyeshadow and serve the best looks of the season. An added tip for you-always wash your brushes after completing your makeup to get a clean look each time!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get eyeshadow to stay on all day?
The best way to get your eyeshadow to stay on all day is to apply an eye primer on the base of your eyelids. The primer acts like an adhesive and makes your eyeshadow hold onto your skin longer.
How long does an eyeshadow palette last?
That entirely depends on your usage and the pigmentation the eyeshadow offers.
Does eyeshadow expire if unopened?
An unopened box of eyeshadow, if stored correctly, will last for about 3 years post which its preservatives start losing their effects rendering the eyeshadow useless. Make sure to store it in a cool and dry place.
What color eyeshadow will make gray eyes pop?
Shades of red like maroon and burgundy along with brown, copper and bronze are the best eyeshadow shades to make gray eyes pop.
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- 9 Best Wave Hair Brushes You Definitely Need - November 3, 2020
- Beautify Your Eyes With The 11 Best tarte Eyeshadow Palettes Of 2020! - October 30, 2020
- 9 Best Anastasia Palettes That Will Look Good On Your Eyes This 2020 - October 28, 2020
- 15 Best Pink Lip Glosses You Need To Check Out Right Now - October 27, 2020
- The 7 Best OGX Shampoos Available In India This Year - October 13, 2020