9 Best Running Shoes For Plus-Size Women
Run like nothing's stopping you in these exceptionally cushioned, supportive shoes.
Running may cause a lot of stress to your joints as you hit the ground two to three times your body weight, especially if you are a plus-sized person. Hence, having the best running shoes for plus size is very important. It offers support, stability, and proper cushioning, without which the runner might experience sore knees, shin splints, and other leg problems. Check out the 9 best running shoes for plus-size women that offer cushioning and support.
- 1 Best Durable ASICS Womenâs Gel-Kayano 22 Running Shoes $53.77 ON AMAZON Read More › $53.77 ON AMAZON
- 2 Best Cushioning ASICS Womenâs Gel-Cumulus 18 Running Shoes $85 ON AMAZON Read More › $85 ON AMAZON
- 3 Best Heel Support ASICS Womenâs Gel-Nimbus 20 Running Shoes Asics $132.86 ON AMAZON Read More › $132.86 ON AMAZON
- 4 Best Flexible Saucony Omni ISO Women's Shoes $99.0 ON AMAZON Read More › $99.0 ON AMAZON
- 5 Best Non-Slip Grip Domogo Kumikiwa Womenâs Sneakers Casual Shoes Sport Running Breathable Walking Shoes Plus Size $12.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $12.99 ON AMAZON
- 6 Best For Heavy Running Brooks Womenâs Ghost 12 $118.07 ON AMAZON Read More › $118.07 ON AMAZON
- 7 Best Breathable Mizuno Womenâs Wave Rider 23 Running Shoes $84.97 ON AMAZON Read More › $84.97 ON AMAZON
- 8 Best For Relaxed Jogging New Balance Women's 608v5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainers New Balance $39.95 ON AMAZON Read More › $39.95 ON AMAZON
- 9 Best Outsole Support Reebok Womenâs Plus Lite 2.0 Running Shoe $45.78 ON AMAZON Read More › $45.78 ON AMAZON
In This Article
Best Plus-Size Running Shoes
Best Durable:ASICS Womenâs Gel-Kayano 22 Running Shoes
These classy and stylish looking shoes come in fascinating colors that are sure to grab attention. They have rubber soles with bright colored lace and mesh overlays that provide breathability to your feet while running. They come with removable insoles for comfort and relaxation hence it is the Best Running Shoes For Heavy Runners With Wide Feet.
They have a GEL cushioning system at the rearfoot and forefoot that helps to reduce and absorb the shock induced on your knees while running. The textured soles provide a great grip and prevent skidding. The FluidRide technology ensures to provide proper cushioning with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
These shoes are excellent for mild overpronators and provide intense stability and support and excellent impact protection for long runs. They come in seven vibrant colors and sizes that start from 5 and go up to 12.5.
- Breathable material
- Removable insoles
- Great arch support
- Value for money
- Runs small
Best Cushioning:ASICS Womenâs Gel-Cumulus 18 Running Shoes
These running shoes have rubber soles and are designed to enhance the foot’s natural steps from heel strike to toe-off. The FluidRide midsole provides an ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and remarkable sturdiness. It is the Best Shoes For Heavy Runners.
The GEL cushioning reduces and absorbs shock in spite of heavyweight and even when the ground is bumpy or unsteady. The Guidance Trusstic System Technology helps in enhancing gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
The shoes come in nine colors and sizes from 5 to 12 with wide and narrow options.
- Durable material
- Comfortable fit
- Bright colors
- Itchy seams
Best Heel Support:ASICS Womenâs Gel-Nimbus 20 Running Shoes
These plus-size running shoes come with a Flyte Foam technology that provides exceptional bouncing back and responsiveness, no matter the distance. The gel at the rearfoot and forefoot helps in providing sturdiness and absorbing shock. It also ensures a firm and stable grip while running or jogging and prevents skidding and so it is the Best Running Shoes For Heavy Female Runners.
The FLUIDFIT upper technology creates a glove-like fit by providing stretch reinforcement that adapts to the foot. The exoskeletal heel counter provides support and ensures a perfect fit for your heel.
The shoes are made of seamless material that reduces the potential of irritation and friction. They come in 14 colors and sizes from 5 to 13, with wide and narrow options.
- Adapts to the foot’s natural motion
- Supports high arches
- Perfect fit
- Narrow toe box
Best Flexible:Saucony Omni ISO Women's Shoes
These shoes aim to make you love every run. These women’s stability running shoes have an ISOFIT dynamic upper sole, which adapts to the shape and motion of the runner’s feet, making them suitable for a variety of foot types. The shoes have 8 mm offset cushioning that is distributed evenly between the heel and forefoot. This helps your body stay in a balanced and comfortable position.
The FlexFilm provides a seamless and flexible feel from toe-off to cooldown. These shoes are excellent for moderate to severe pronators. The Tri-Flex enables optimal flexibility and traction during a run.
These shoes come in three color variants and are available in sizes 5 to 12, with wide and narrow options.
- Supports runners with overpronation
- Comes with cushioned heels
- Might feel tight
Best Non-Slip Grip:Domogo Kumikiwa Womenâs Sneakers Casual Shoes Sport Running Breathable Walking Shoes Plus Size
These pretty and chic looking running shoes are made from manmade material. They are great for a workout as well as a fashion statement. The shoe fabric is mixed with a gold thread that makes them look jazzy.
These shoes feature a mesh upper, a padded collar, soft lining, laces, and a non-marking outsole. They are super lightweight and have a breathable insole for a relaxed and comfortable fit for long hours. The textured sole ensures that the shoes give a stable and sturdy grip. They come in four color options and sizes from 5 to 12.
- Breathable material
- Removable insoles
- Perfect fit
- Comfortable wear
Best For Heavy Running:Brooks Womenâs Ghost 12
Brooks Women’s Ghost 12 shoes have a perfectly balanced and soft cushioning that provides a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability. These are the Best Cushioned Running Shoes For Heavy Runners as they are lightweight and easy to run in.
The soft and secure fit of the shoes is well structured for heavyweight runners. The crash pad on the soles of the shoes has high shock absorbers that cushion your feet to stride smoothly, no matter how hard they land.
They are available in sizes from 5 to 12 and around six stunning color options.
- High-energizing cushioning
- Good arch support
- No slippage
- The back cannot hold the feet well
Best Breathable:Mizuno Womenâs Wave Rider 23 Running Shoes
Mizuno running shoes have cushioning technology that provides ultra-soft comfort and ensures a super secure fit while running. The shoes are extremely lightweight and have a breathable mesh upper layer that controls the temperature of your feet and gives top performance. It is the Best Running Shoes For Plus Size Women.
These shoes have a dual compound midsole using U4ic and U4icX technologies for matchless responsiveness for adrenaline-charged and exhilarating runs. These are suitable for people with slight under pronation to very slight overpronation. The Cloud Wave technology ensures shock absorption, energy return, and a smooth ride.
They are available in sizes from 6 to 12 (wide and narrow) and four colors.
- Good arch support
- Lightweight upper
- Keeps your feet cool
- Runs too small
Best For Relaxed Jogging:New Balance Women's 608v5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainers
New Balance is a company that is dedicated to helping athletes achieve their goals. These cross trainers ensure all-day comfort with an enhanced ABZORB heel pad that offers premium cushioning and abundant outsole flex grooves that facilitate superior flexibility hence can be Best Workout Shoes For Plus Size Women.
The durable molded PU insert is slip-resistant and offers a relaxed fit. These shoes are designed to provide versatile comfort every time you wear them. They are available in five color variants and sizes from 5 to 12 (narrow and wide).
- Lightweight cushioning
- Snug fit
- Dry suede
Best Outsole Support:Reebok Womenâs Plus Lite 2.0 Running Shoe
Reebok has always made quality running shoes to keep your training and running routines intact. These lightweight shoes have an injection-moulded EVA midsole to ensure a cushioned and comfortable run. The four-way stretch fabric with synthetic overlays and the rubber outsole allows extreme support, making it an ideal pair of shoes for quality running. The low-top shaft from the arch makes it comfortable to wear. The shoes feature a pull-on tab at the tongue, and the heel makes it a breathable fit. It also has a centralized lace-up closure to ensure an adjustable and gripping fit. These are available in three elegant colors to choose from.
- Comfortable fit
- Easy to wear
Sturdy and comfortable running shoes are available in a variety of widths and lengths. To help you find the best running shoes for plus-size women, we’ve compiled a buying guide.
Things To Look For In Running Shoes For Plus-Size Women
- Biomechanics: Start by considering your biomechanics. Running shoes should fit snugly but not be too tight or binding. They should also fit closely to your foot and arch, providing good support and cushioning.
- Stride: Your stride length is also important to consider when selecting running shoes for plus-size women because the length of your step impacts how the shoe feels on your feet and how efficiently you move through a space while running.
For plus-size women with longer strides, it may be necessary to find a shoe with a wider width so the shoe fits over the arch of your foot comfortably.
- Toe Box: Plus-size women often have wider feet, so they may want to consider choosing running shoes with a wider toe box. This will allow your toes to splay more comfortably while running. “Wider-width running shoes are made for any runner who has a wide foot. But not all plus-sized runners have wide feet,” says Mindy Solkin, certified running and health coach.
- Cushioning: Shoes that are cushioned well are comfortable to wear and offer great protection to your feet. Look for running shoes that have a good amount of shock absorption and provide support during any intense activity.
- Ankle Support: Toe boxes on many plus-size women’s shoes are often too narrow, which can cause discomfort when walking or standing. Many plus-size runners also struggle with ankle support because most running sneakers don’t have enough padding or structure in the heel area.
- Heel Volume: Women with larger heels tend to experience more foot pain when wearing standard running sneakers because there is not enough room in those sneakers for the heel and achilles tendon. Look for shoes with a high heel volume as it will help distribute pressure off your heels and give you relief from foot pain.
Nothing should stop you from running long miles, especially incorrect gear. If you are a plus-sized person who loves to go out for a run every day, you need the best plus-size running shoes. The right shoes will offer you stability, support, and proper cushioning. Purchasing the right shoes will make a great difference when you are running. The reviewed products in the list are available in different color variants. These shoes will give you a smooth stride whenever you run. In addition, they even ensure an adjustable and gripping fit. With these shoes, you can achieve your fitness goals smoothly.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Aditi Naskar, has a diploma in health and wellness. She conducted thorough research to understand the importance of using good-quality running shoes. Additionally, she went through thousands of reviews to pick out the best running shoes available right now for plus-size women.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Brooks shoes good for heavy people?
Yes, Brooks shoes are good for heavy people. These shoes offer motion control and shock absorption, ideal for runners who weigh over 90 kgs.
Do heavier runners need more cushioning?
Yes, heavier runners need more cushioning. Heavy people have more mass hitting the ground with each foot strike, so they require more cushioning to absorb the high-impact shock.
Can heavy runners wear minimalist shoes?
While heavy runners can wear minimalist shoes, they must purchase the ones that are sturdy and made of high-quality materials. Minimalist shoes are often prone to injuries which can be avoided if the shoes are made of good materials.
Are Hokas good for heavy people?
Yes, Hokas offer heavy runners the right amount of support and cushioning. They are great at shock absorption and provide excellent stability.
Do good running shoes really make a difference?
Yes, good running shoes make a huge difference in the way you run. Good running shoes can offer flexibility and comfort, and keep injuries at bay. High-quality running shoes are also great for cushioning your feet and keeping them safe.
- Best Women’s Spring Shoes For A Strut That’s On-Trend
- Best Running Shoes For Treadmill
- Best Workout Shoes For Women To Support All Types Of Exercise
- Best Plus-Size Hiking Pants For Every Adventure Junkie