If you are one of those women who has always been told to stay away from the dreaded hair dryer, then you are not alone. Mothers, aunts, and grandmas around the world have warned us against using them as they can cause your hair to become brittle and thin. But come on, they are so convenient! Who has time in the 21st century to sit around and air-dry their hair, especially when you’re running late in the mornings.
Well, what if we told you that you could use a hair dryer without worrying about damage? In this article, we have listed 10 dryers that are sure to keep your hair looking healthy and happy. Now, if you are wondering whether these dryers are meant for your thick tresses, then we have got you covered. They’ll keep your hair volume intact while smoothing it, giving it a gloss like never before!
Read on to know more.
Table Of Contents
How To Dry Hair Correctly
Every woman has a different hair care regime. Some women swear by blow-drying while others prefer air-drying their hair. Yet, it is important to understand and follow basic guidelines to help you get the best out of your dryer while also taking care of your hair. Follow these steps to keep your hair healthy:
1. Right after you have washed and conditioned your hair, take off the towel and dab some serum on damp hair. (0:58)
2. Using your hands, rub the serum along the length of your hair. (1:13)
3. Now set your blow dryer to medium heat as this temperature is optimal for thick hair. (1:25)
4. Blow dry your hair all over, concentrating on the roots. Use your fingers to gently detangle your hair while doing so. (1:29)
5. Use a rat tail comb to divide your hair into even sections. (1:56).
6. Once you do this, tie the rest of your hair in a bun. You don’t need to worry about being neat while doing this. (2:07)
7. Using your concentrator and hair brush for this step. Gently comb through the hair section while using the dryer on this section. (2:29)
8. Now all you have to do is repeat step 7 for the rest of your hair. (4:00)
Voila, you are done! We are sure your hair will look amazing! (5:17)
Let us now take a look at the 10 best hair dryers for thick hair.
10 Best Dryers for Thick Hair
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer is widely used among stylists worldwide. Made with high-quality material and state-of-the-art technology, this hair dryer has revolutionized hairstyling with its 6 heating levels and speed settings. This 2000 W power machine maximizes performance while remaining gentle on your hair. Its sleek design and attractive color are sure to win your heart over. The dryer comes with a removable outer stand and filter that makes it easy to pack in your suitcase.
- 6 heat and speed settings
- Runs on Nano Titanium Technology
- The filter and stand may come off easily if not fitted properly.
Professionals all around the world swear by the Jinri Paris Professional 1875 W Salon Hair Dryer and for a good reason! It features fast-drying technology and ensures zero noise while in use. The dryer comes with a diffuser, concentrator, and comb for all your hair needs. For all the girls that struggle with frizzy hair, this dryer’s Negative Ion Technology helps reduce frizz to give you straight hair after every use. With 2 speed controls and 3-heat settings, it is incredibly easy to use. Its ergonomic design, coupled with a superior quality matt body, ensures convenience while using it.
- Comes with a diffuser, comb and concentrator
- Creates no noise when in use
- Slightly on the expensive side
From Revlon, comes the 1875 W Damage Protection Infrared Hair Dryer. Its Tourmaline Ionic Technology makes sure that your hair doesn’t defy the rules of gravity and stays sleek and straight all day long. Its intelligent heat system gently dries your hair without damaging it to keep your hair shiny and silky. It has 2 controls and a Cool Shot Button to ensure that you are the one in control. As an add on, along with the concentrator and diffuser, it comes with 3 hair clips that will aid in dividing your hair while drying.
- This kit includes 3 hair clips for hair sectioning
- Comes with only 2 heat controls
The KIPOZI 1875 W Hair Dryer is ETL certified, so you know that it is of excellent quality and functionality. In addition to having 2-speed controls and 3 heat settings, it also has a cool shot button, which instantly cools your dryer saving you time. The cool shot button helps set your style in place. As a bonus, you also get a concentrator and diffuser, which enables you to straighten or curl your locks hassle-free. This dryer is engineered for all hair types- wavy, straight, curly, thick, and thin. It ensures to keep your roots healthy while making your hair gorgeous, all at the same time!
- Comes with a 6.56 Ft long cord for easy use
- Suitable for all hair types and textures
- Not suitable for overseas travel, as it works only on 110 V.
The Wazor Professional Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Blow Dryer is a great investment as it guarantees a 4x longer lifespan than any other dryer on the market. Its negative ionic particles repair and renew your hair, enhancing its natural luster and volume. Tourmaline Technology protects your hair roots from damage from direct heat and gives you salon-like styling at home. And that’s not all! It comes with a kit consisting of a comb, concentrator, and diffuser.
- Lasts upto 4x times longer than other hair dryers
- Its back filter can be dismantled for cleaning and restored to keep the dryer up and running always as good as new.
The Vaslon Professional Infrared Blow Dryer is ideal for the girl boss who is always on the run. If you are thinking, “But I have thick hair that takes hours to dry,” then trust us when we say that this dryer was made with you in mind! Its Far Infrared and Negative Ionic Technology makes hair silky smooth and protects it from damage and split ends. With 3 heat and 2-speed settings, all you have got to do is push a button, and you are good to go. That’s not all; its 2.65-meter salon cable with a hanging loop makes it apt for professional and personal use.
- Quick-drying technology
- Has 3 heat and 2 speed settings
- May overheat if left unattended, as it does not have a cool button
Designed with Negative Ion Technology, the 1875 W Professional Tourmaline Hair Dryer reduces and tames frizzy hair without harming your roots. It also works in silent mode, so no more yelling over the dryer! The dryer works on 1875 W and has a 2-speed and 3-heat control setting to suit your hair type. Its compact design makes it easy and comfortable to operate. The kit also comprises a diffuser and concentrator to help you style your hair in curls or poker straight. Say goodbye to over-priced visits to the salon and style your hair at home!
- Comes with a diffuser and concentrator
- Compact design
- Has only 2 speed levels
Hot Tools is yet another renowned beauty brand that is well-trusted and used by stylists all over the world. Its 1857 W powerful airflow dries your hair quickly without stripping it off of its vital oils and nutrients. This dryer brings you 6 different heating and control levels. Its cool button is powerful and helps to retain your styling for a long time. So now, you can correct your bed hair every morning quickly and efficiently to transform it into any style of your choice!
- 6 heating levels and 6 control levels
- Comes with a cool shot button
- The motor heats up too quickly, thereby decreasing durability
The Larmhoi 2000 W Hair Dryer is one powerful machine! Its high circular speed and torque makes styling your thick or stubborn hair, a piece of cake. It is designed with 3-heat, 2-speed settings, and a cool button that allows you to style and set your hair almost instantaneously. While most other dryers come with just one nozzle, this one has 2 concentrator nozzles. Its low magnetic wave structure makes it cost-efficient as it saves electricity, which in turn makes it eco-friendly.
- Comes with 2 concentrator nozzles
- Energy-saving device
- This hairdryer is heavy to carry and use
Available in 2 exciting colors- black and silver, the Elchim Milano Ceramic Hair Dryer is compact in design, making it easy to handle and operate. Whether you have the thinnest or frizziest hair, this dryer is sure to work for you. Featuring an advanced Italian motor, this dryer runs for up to 2000 hours! What makes it perfect for a professional setting is that it comes with a 9ft long cord. This product also comes with a life-long warranty.
- Can last up to 2000 working hours
- Life-long warranty
- This product is expensive
Tips For Buying Hair Dryers For Thick Hair
- Watts and Voltage: If you have thick hair, you must make sure to choose a sturdy hair dryer that has a high power or wattage. A wattage of 1800- 2000 is ideal for this purpose. This is important as, if your motor is not strong enough, then you will end up with cold air that will dry your hair.
- Technology: Hairstylists across the world recommend the use of Ionic or Tourmaline dryers for thick hair. An Infrared porcelain or ceramic dryer is a better option as it has a lesser chance of overheating and distributes heat evenly to your hair.
- Weight: The lighter the dryer, the easier it is to handle and use. This is especially useful if you have stubborn and thick hair that requires multiple blow dries.
- Cool Shot Button: A cool shot button is a ‘must-have’ as it helps to keep the styling intact and adds shine to your hair.
- Settings: The more the control options on your dryer, the easier it is to tune it to your requirement and style. A pro tip would be to use the lower heat setting as it reduces chances of damage.
- Attachments Compatibility: Nowadays, most hair dryers come with additional parts, namely a concentrator, comb, and nozzles. These add-ons allow you to style your hair in beach waves, curls, or an uber-chic, sleek hairstyle. These accessories are useful for thick hair as they help make your hair more manageable.
We will now discuss a few tips to manage thick hair.
Tips For Thick Hair
The days of fretting over drying your thick hair are gone. With these quick tips, you are sure to find it easier to manage your thick hair and save yourself some time drying it. Let’s take a look at them:
- Always be gentle while drying your hair as wet hair is prone to breakage. Take some time to air-dry your hair manually before using the dryer.
- Use a thick towel that absorbs all the water and dries your hair.
- Section your hair to enable faster drying. Try dividing it using a root comb and use clips to secure it in place. This not only eases the process but also helps in styling, so don’t be afraid to invest in some large clips.
- Make sure to dry the roots first and then the length of your hair. Most people catch a cold when their scalp is wet.
- Use an anti-frizz serum as this will help detangle and control your hair, making it straight and manageable.
In the next section, we will take a look at the common mistakes one can make while drying their hair.
Common Mistakes While Drying Thick Hair
Just like the old saying goes, “haste makes waste.” Here are a few of the common mistakes you can make while drying your hair in a hurry:
- While in a hurry to get to work, do not use your dryer at maximum heat, as it will damage your hair.
- Detangling your hair knots with your fingers is always a good idea before you go in with a comb. This reduces hair fall caused by the harsh pull of a comb.
- Do not use a fine-toothed comb while brushing as this would increase breakage. It goes without saying that using a fine comb on wet hair will leave you screaming in pain!
- Dab on sufficient amounts of serum before sectioning your hair for a quick blow-dry. This offers an extra layer of protection from the heat and also adds shine to your hair.
A woman’s hair is said to be her crown, and she can go to any extent to protect it. But when you have a thick, stubborn mane for hair, things can get a tad bit annoying. But we are sure that after reading this article you will be able to take good care of your hair and style it too! Thick, lustrous hair is every woman’s dream, and if you are blessed with it, you might as well flaunt it. Your hair might be demanding at times, but let us assure you that it will be worth it! Do you have any tips and tricks to share from your experiences? Feel free to reach out to us in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- 13 Best Vegan Blushes To One-Up Your Makeup Game With Buying Guide - December 3, 2020
- 9 Best Wave Hair Brushes You Definitely Need - November 3, 2020
- Beautify Your Eyes With The 11 Best tarte Eyeshadow Palettes Of 2020! - October 30, 2020
- 9 Best Anastasia Palettes That Will Look Good On Your Eyes This 2020 - October 28, 2020
- 15 Best Pink Lip Glosses You Need To Check Out Right Now - October 27, 2020